ADVERTISEMENT

Who's it going to be at BIG T?????

Feel it's brookshires job if he wants it...I think Hawkins would do a great job but I feel w Chris being from there he gets the job...I understand interviews "went well" ..if Brookshire gets the job...don't be surprised if that leads to some serious domino effects w coaches in Wnc..

If he gets the job, Cagle is probably the next HC at SM. What other domino's may fall? I hope Brookshire gets it, I think you will be happy with the hire in the long run. Better get him some help with assistant coaches though.

In all seriousness, what would be a good year for Tuscola football fans? Is just beating Pisgah, beating Pisgah and having a winning record? What would you guys consider a good year? I know a lot of folks from Haywood county and they are good people with a love for their school. ( be it Pisgah or Tuscola )

Winning season.. top 3 in the Mac Conference .. a win over Pisgah 3 out of 5 years.. a playoff win.. with a coach that loves the area, the rivalry and in the community. I’m realistic with the talent we have. That is what Tuscola fans like.

What makes you so sure Cagle would be next head coach...not like he lit the world on fire at north buncombe and he was d cord at sm this year and they only gave up bout 39 a a game...
If he gets the job, Cagle is probably the next HC at SM. What other domino's may fall? I hope Brookshire gets it, I think you will be happy with the hire in the long run. Better get him some help with assistant coaches though.

Because that's how they do things at SM. The mountains like to recycle coaches. Look at North Buncombe for example.

What makes you so sure Cagle would be next head coach...not like he lit the world on fire at north buncombe and he was d cord at sm this year and they only gave up bout 39 a a game...

He won seven games in 2014 at North Buncombe.Been a long time since that happened.He beat Pisgah that year something Tuscola didn't do.

Reactions: WNCfballFan
If Brookshire is hired, that means the administration/school board hired maybe the 10th best coach for the job. This would be embarrassing considering the applicants that have applied, their track records and accomplishments. The guy couldn't coach defense in the Big 12. He coaches no defense, his teams are soft and he makes no adjustments. This would be another classic inside deal like the Ol' Red deal that set the program back 3 years. Nothing against Coach B personally, he is supposedly a good man, but he has a losing record everywhere he has been. The question would be why? The answer would be because Western Haywood doesn't have the balls Eastern Haywood has to always hire the right guy, no matter the circumstances and no matter what you have to do to make it happen. You knuckleheads want to know why Pisgah wins every year, you are looking at it now. They care more on that end of the county. Does Pisgah even entertain hiring a coach with a losing record? You all know the answer. My opinion, Tuscola needs to hire the best coach with at least 10 years of winning experience. But, there is a guy currently on the staff, who all the parents want, that is exponentially a better coach then settling for the inside deal.

Reactions: bamatide13
So do we have any names of those that have applied or we just saying “great” people have applied. I’d like to know some names who are interested.

One local name that I would throw out there and I think he would do a good job is former Tuscola player, assistant coach, and current Smokey Mountain head coach Chris Brookshire. His personality is contagious and kids will run through a wall for the man. He's a great coach and more importantly a great human being. He knows how important the rivalry is with Pisgah also. You can't argue his success at Smokey. Imagine how could he could do with the athletes at Tuscola. Just my opinion.
Huh? Smoky Mountain and Tuscola have very similar athletes, the difference is football is a priority at Tuscola, it's not at Smoky Mountain.

Sources say JOB IS BROOKSHIRES..just waiting to make announcement...if so look for a real possibility of a huge hire by smoky...ps not Curtis Cagle

borowitz-white-smoke-465.jpg

Sources say JOB IS BROOKSHIRES..just waiting to make announcement.

If true, the beginning of another dumpster fire in Waynesville. In the words of other posters, Old Red Part II. Let's all lineup to hire a guy with one winning season in his career. Can't wait to see this defense, LOL.

CUXiVp5UkAATZ0r.png

Reactions: esah2212
If true, the beginning of another dumpster fire in Waynesville. In the words of other posters, Old Red Part II. Let's all lineup to hire a guy with one winning season in his career. Can't wait to see this defense, LOL.

CUXiVp5UkAATZ0r.png
Or you could throw a school girl tantrum and boycott like last time. :D

Reactions: Steelers71
If this is true the only thing we can do is get behind coach and support him . But bamatide is right he has shown no defense at smoky and with the current staff proving they have not a clue about it . Tuscola will win the games their supposed to and lose to the big boys (as usual). There is talent coming but history will repeat itself as the last coach we hired with a losing record wasted quite a lot! Good luck coach and I hope you have some thick skin ! You’ll need it . Jmo

Just out of curiosity brookshires record is 29-51 w no conf titles..no playoff wins..no wins over pisgah..but he's been leading candidate from day one...tuscola fans seem to want physically tough good defenses and to beat pisgah...there's a coach in the mountains w a 114-42 6 conf titles 8-2 vs Pisgah and teams,are always physical and play good defense..yet he was never contacted...so really how serious are yall...coach Hawkins would have been best choice outta the ones interviewed...no chance beating Pisgah w paper bag defense

First of all, no one has announced anything. If I were a Tuscola fan I would want to know why you pull the trigger so quickly when you had around 20 applicants for the job? Fifteen of them more qualified than the people mentioned for the job. Two of the applicants had around 100 wins each, one with a State Title playing in a real conference down East. Another one of the applicants was a defensive Coach whose teams have ranked as one of the Top 10 teams in the State in defense for the last 9 out of 10 years. He also coached collegiately with one of the best defensive coaches in D1 ball at a Power 5 program. Defense wins games, not trying to run the spread with no speed and a bunch of white boys. Obviously, people in Waynesville are slow learners. Name someone who hires ANY coach with a losing record and/or no track record, besides Enka and North Buncombe? Wait, he is from around here and nepotism is more important than a quality hire. Like I said before, people in Canton NEVER pull crap like this, they hire the best candidate. Facts.

Reactions: ShineTime
First of all, no one has announced anything. If I were a Tuscola fan I would want to know why you pull the trigger so quickly when you had around 20 applicants for the job? Fifteen of them more qualified than the people mentioned for the job. Two of the applicants had around 100 wins each, one with a State Title playing in a real conference down East. Another one of the applicants was a defensive Coach whose teams have ranked as one of the Top 10 teams in the State in defense for the last 9 out of 10 years. He also coached collegiately with one of the best defensive coaches in D1 ball at a Power 5 program. Defense wins games, not trying to run the spread with no speed and a bunch of white boys. Obviously, people in Waynesville are slow learners. Name someone who hires ANY coach with a losing record and/or no track record, besides Enka and North Buncombe? Wait, he is from around here and nepotism is more important than a quality hire. Like I said before, people in Canton NEVER pull crap like this, they hire the best candidate. Facts.
Now who can argue with that?

I know for a FACT that a certain coach applied that has won 79% of his games over the past 3 seasons. He has not been contacted. From what I have been told by numerous people in his community, he is well respected and obviously he wins. As I said previously, if this is going to be an "inside job" hire, then give me Postell over Brookshire. I will take the unknown over the known, especially since the known has proven over a seven year span (38% win percentage) that he can't consistently win. One winning season out of seven does not appeal to me.

114-41 I stand corrected
..Brooks @Franklin
Yeah, I don't think Tuscola can afford him. Unless they gave out that nice 50/50 gate. They supposedly contacted him when SM was open last time. Had to put together a package for him and his brother. Couldn't come up with the cash. Isn't he the highest paid coach in WNC according to that article in the CT? Brooks has done wonders at Franklin and is definitely the best coach in the mountains. He has great support at Franklin. Assistant coaches on staff, good facilities, booster support, etc. Same can happen at Tuscola if they give the new coach those same resources. Just sayin...

Ok yes BASED on article he's highest paid coach but the article very misleading...Brooks is national board certified teacher in business and county business education coordinator making him 12 month employee ..Haywood county coaches actually have higher head coaching supplement than Franklin....just saying Brookshire to tuscola may have domino affect people didn't see coming...if smoky comes calling again...but tuscola never bothered

crystal ball prediction -brookshire takes Tuscola job 3 years later he is looking for another job after leading Tuscola to 2 losing seasons and 1 500 season.
crystal ball prediction #2 - brookshire stays at smoky leading them to several sub 500 seasons and retires after 15 years. if he is as smart as some on here have speculated he will stay at smoky. it has security that he want have at Tuscola. There are no expectations at smoky there are plenty at Tuscola whether they are realistic or not. jmo

crystal ball prediction -brookshire takes Tuscola job 3 years later he is looking for another job after leading Tuscola to 2 losing seasons and 1 500 season.
crystal ball prediction #2 - brookshire stays at smoky leading them to several sub 500 seasons and retires after 15 years. if he is as smart as some on here have speculated he will stay at smoky. it has security that he want have at Tuscola. There are no expectations at smoky there are plenty at Tuscola whether they are realistic or not. jmo
I think It’s hilarious that you think he would have 2 losing seasons at Tuscola back to back but wouldn’t at Smokey... Tuscola has the better players... i know It’s a different Conference we play in but regardless.. like really? I’ve read your posts for years Neuman and it doesn’t matter what Tuscola does.. if they aren’t doing Oklahoma drill for at least an hour everyday and doing things “old school” at every turn.. or have the 85 bears defense out there they are doing it wrong in your eyes. So basically i just waisted my breath pointing this out to you. But felt the need to call out your constant negativity. I’ve already said i hope Postell gets it.. but if Brookshire gets it you and Harry Potter can shove that crystal ball where the sun don’t shine. Give the coach a chance

What a homer ! There’s a difference in doing it wrong and doing it good ! There’s also a difference in being real and looking thru rose colored glasses! As Jack Nicholson said you can’t handle the TRUTH ! Since we are being real guess I hit a little to close to home with the TRUTH. Mr. potter.

I don't think he would have losing seasons...but I'm not sure he would win the
"Big "game either...hard to win those when your teams aren't physical and traditionally play no defense..but funny some one said 3 years is all...I told some one the exact same thing..

The TRUTH is that you never have anything good to say. Postell and Brookshire are both “A few good men” that i believe would do a fine job. Simply because they both love that school.. would both make Tuscola competitive and hard to game plan against.. and both from what I hear hate that school across town.

Both are great guys and you believe they would do a good job and they love Tuscola . (Your words) but you only hear that they hate that other school ? (Your words) so what do you really know ? If you are close enough to give them character references then I would have thought they would have personally told you they hate the other team not just from hearsay. I take it your a gambler mr.vegas ? But what you don’t realize is you’ve became emotionally involved and it is affecting your decision making . Bottom line 8 ball you know there’s better candidates that applied your just blinded by your emotional ties. Let’s let it play out see how it goes and if I’m wrong I’ll apologize .

The only thing I’m emotionally involved with is love for that school. I don’t know either one on a first name basis but know handfuls of people that do and all say they’re both cut out to do the job. And please tell me the abundance of other “better” coaches that really put in for it??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT