ADVERTISEMENT

Who's it going to be at BIG T?????

I agree he has about as much support as can be mustered in the off-season. He is utilizing social media weekly and word has it they are looking at numbers coming out in the 90's again this fall.

We have a new AD now but I'm not sure much will change from the old one.
There is lots of palace intrigue with the school superintendent retiring so there could be further administration changes to come.

Most importantly, this community has got to get behind its football program more than one week per year. Knock the former coach all you like for whatever attitude that was perceived as indifferent to the "big game", the fanbase is just as guilty of having a lackadaisical attitude. Everyone turns out for the first game and the big game but after those two, "meh" seems to be the response.

We have three years remaining in this conference before realignment so we have to make the best of it. The NCHSAA isn't going to grant any sort of mid-term hardship. That's a long time in coaching careers these days. Win the ones you are supposed to, steal one where you can, improve your performance against the obviously more talented teams, and for Pete's sake, stop losing to that school down the road will be the plan.

We lose virtually the entire o-line which is never good. We should get more athletic at QB. Our RB corps will virtually be unchanged. We have some returning starters on defense. Hard to say how things will shake out after Reynolds. Asheville and Erwin were attainable targets that did not bear fruit. Roberson was morass last year, apparently. North Henderson had athletes but tons of personnel problems. One never knows how West will turn out. I saw some JV's at N. Buncombe that Allen wisely left down that will be fine varsity players. Enka is Enka.

It doesn't get any easier.

Reactions: 91ths
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT