ADVERTISEMENT

Who's it going to be at BIG T?????

Do you even realize Franklin is 10-3 vs Erwin in last 13 meetings and franklin won mac in 2006..and history will forever say Franklin won 14-7 vs Pisgah in round 2(a place Erwin very unfamiliar with)..Actually Franklin is 8-2 last 10 vs Pisgah and boy does that eat the good people of CANTON up..again who is your team
Listein man I am no Pisgah fan, but you guys cheated them. You chumps drop Erwin when they got their program rolling, guess you got tired of losing. Keep beating up 1 a teams , you always get stomp in the playoffs

Ok mr alternative facts...for the last time Erwin dropped franklin...guess that's what happens losing 7 outta 10 yrs..Pisgah is familiar w that feeling..and clearly you are in the dark and the rules of legal and illegal formation ...final score 14 7..call chucky he will listen

Reactions: TC Red Devil 89
Latest word is expect a decision by weeks end...imo favorites are
1 Brookshire
2 postell
3 Hawkins

No inside info just imo

I don't think they leave wnc for this choice..not saying that's right or wrong just saying that's my opinion..most would disagree but I think Hawkins would be a better fit than brookshire..yes I'm aware of his record at sm...but make no mistake he can coach..his team's would be fundamentally sound physically..good on defense and yes Pisgah would be THE GAME

School board meets Monday, 2/12. They "hope" to have an announcement then.

1 Brookshire
2 postell
3 Hawkins

No inside info just imo

I don't think they leave wnc for this choice..not saying that's right or wrong just saying that's my opinion..most would disagree but I think Hawkins would be a better fit than brookshire..yes I'm aware of his record at sm...but make no mistake he can coach..his team's would be fundamentally sound physically..good on defense and yes Pisgah would be THE GAME

Hope it aint Hawkins. He really showed himself well this year.

Rumor has it all tuscola had to do was reach out and there would have been interest from couple other coaches in wnc
I was just wanting to get clarification on that. Did some coaches in WNC not know there was an opening? Tuscola posted it, how much more reaching out are they needing to do to get someone to put in a resume? I seriously am not understanding this.

1 Brookshire
2 postell
3 Hawkins

No inside info just imo

Isn't Hawkins a SM grad? Just wondering. If so, his big game would be to beat SM, then Franklin, and then Pissgah. I still see Brookshire as the best fit. The man knows his offense and will do a great job with the athletes there. He just needs to hire a DC and let him build a strong defense. Can't wait to hear the announcement. Good luck to the Mountaineers!

Hawkins played at Sylva Webster..he coached under doug Brooks at tuscola...I'm sure the Sm game would be big...Tuscola doesn't play franklin(Tuscola choice) but beyond doubt he fully understands the game to folks in Haywood county is Pisgah/Tuscola...and his defenses have basically owned brookshires offense..I think Chris did good job at smoky...but they blocked no one...played zero defense and honestly just plain soft..12-12 in two years will get a uhaul in his driveway at tuscola..it will be interesting...I know Tuscola has some good kids coming and could be very good but my question is would 10-1 with thge lone loss to Pisgah be successful year??

Hawkins is a good coach. Maybe they can both go to Tuscola? I know that is a long shot but then you got both sides of the ball covered. The beauty of the RPO is that you put defenders in conflict, and really don't have to block too many players for the plays to be successful. I personally like the Wing T for the SM and Tuscola teams, but the spread is what most kids enjoy. I enjoy winning and can't really argue with the Wing T winning at Catholic for all these years. Same type kids at Tuscola and SM. Anyway, sorry I got off topic.

Hawkins played at Sylva Webster..he coached under doug Brooks at tuscola...I'm sure the Sm game would be big...Tuscola doesn't play franklin(Tuscola choice) but beyond doubt he fully understands the game to folks in Haywood county is Pisgah/Tuscola...and his defenses have basically owned brookshires offense..I think Chris did good job at smoky...but they blocked no one...played zero defense and honestly just plain soft..12-12 in two years will get a uhaul in his driveway at tuscola..it will be interesting...I know Tuscola has some good kids coming and could be very good but my question is would 10-1 with thge lone loss to Pisgah be successful year??

We're in a 9 team league- one non-conference game is obviously taken already. I was willing to let Smoky go but it's hard not playing your next door neighbor. Swain series was continued as the games had been competitive and good gates for both sides. Maybe Franklin should have helped us a little harder to keep us in the WAC nee' AAC nee' WNCAC?

Totally understand that and trust me FRANKLIN was all for keeping the other league together..it's a nightmare finding 6 non conf games
We're in a 9 team league- one non-conference game is obviously taken already. I was willing to let Smoky go but it's hard not playing your next door neighbor. Swain series was continued as the games had been competitive and good gates for both sides. Maybe Franklin should have helped us a little harder to keep us in the WAC nee' AAC nee' WNCAC?

I was going to say kids enjoy winning..run run run...or pass pass pass...just win win win and all is well..I'd say Murphy has had great success w wing T...Franklin great success running football..Danny Wilkins won tons of games in I formations...had Reynolds simply lined up and mauled new Hanover instead of 40 pass attempts they win a,state title I guess imo for tuscola to be super successful be physical pound the ball win time of possession and play good defense..again yes I compare franklin...they average about 32 min time of possession compared to opponents 16 and run on average 15-20 more plays per game..wears opposing defense down limits scoring opportunity for opponents...not really reinventing the wheel...lol all that to say win and people are happy lose and it doesn't matter what offense you run..
Hawkins is a good coach. Maybe they can both go to Tuscola? I know that is a long shot but then you got both sides of the ball covered. The beauty of the RPO is that you put defenders in conflict, and really don't have to block too many players for the plays to be successful. I personally like the Wing T for the SM and Tuscola teams, but the spread is what most kids enjoy. I enjoy winning and can't really argue with the Wing T winning at Catholic for all these years. Same type kids at Tuscola and SM. Anyway, sorry I got off topic.

How could Franklin change that? NCHSAA didn't allow any 2A/3A split conferences, I don't see why they would listen to our opinion five hours to the west.

I guess Franklin was just the odd man out on the schedule, but we had played every year since '96 and are as good in both gate revenue and competition as the two non-Pisgah teams you chose to keep on your schedule.

Pretty clear squirrel..they figured sm be easy win. Franklin be a loss..
How could Franklin change that? NCHSAA didn't allow any 2A/3A split conferences, I don't see why they would listen to our opinion five hours to the west.

I guess Franklin was just the odd man out on the schedule, but we had played every year since '96 and are as good in both gate revenue and competition as the two non-Pisgah teams you chose to keep on your schedule.

Yeah, I don't think Tuscola can afford him. Unless they gave out that nice 50/50 gate. They supposedly contacted him when SM was open last time. Had to put together a package for him and his brother. Couldn't come up with the cash. Isn't he the highest paid coach in WNC according to that article in the CT? Brooks has done wonders at Franklin and is definitely the best coach in the mountains. He has great support at Franklin. Assistant coaches on staff, good facilities, booster support, etc. Same can happen at Tuscola if they give the new coach those same resources. Just sayin...

I agree that Brooks is a very good coach, but I wouldn't say he is definitely the best coach in the Mountains. I would say Laws and Gentry are every bit as good as him. In 10 years as a head coach Shane Laws is 112 - 36, with 2 state championship appearances, 1 state champsionship, and 8 conference championships.

Wow, Packer those numbers are impressive... Especially considering that Laws has been able to coach such EXCEPTIONAL talents like Rico Dowdle and many others. I'd love to learn how Laws coached him to run so fast. Meanwhile, Franklin's "small, slow, white" kids has managed to gain Coach Brooks a career record of 116-41. Oh, yes, and I believe a few of those wins came while playing in the mighty MAC. So if we are talking about who is the better coach, I think Brooks' name should be definitely be in that argument.

I agree that Brooks is a very good coach, but I wouldn't say he is definitely the best coach in the Mountains. I would say Laws and Gentry are every bit as good as him. In 10 years as a head coach Shane Laws is 112 - 36, with 2 state championship appearances, 1 state champsionship, and 8 conference championships.
Coach Laws became the head coach in 2007. In his first 10 years as head coach, he was 98-34, not 112-36.

This year was his 11th season as head coach

No doubt gentry is hall of famer...Brooks is 11-1 or 10-2 vs murphy...not questioning laws record but he has had great talent and me personally I feel he gave away a state title this year..

Pretty clear squirrel..they figured sm be easy win. Franklin be a loss..
Franklin a loss on our schedule? We scrimmaged you guys and beat yal 6 touchdowns to 2. Either way that conference was fine just the way it was because the competition was close and all the schools were within 200 students of one another. Not 600 like the MAC is now

Two Pisgah alumni on crew.... overall pitiful...Y'all have become laughing stock with your whining...why don't y'all all throw a damn pity party and cry me a river...14-7 for life and 8-2 last 10...#pisgahcriesalot
#stopwhining# can't beat franklin# pisgahsucks#where'sthemayor#soreloser
With crooked refs. Yeah that's a real achievement there wir.

Scrimmage? Are we really talking bout a scrimmage ? I checked max preps didn't see scrimmage results...lol wow where has your program sank to when you bragging bout scrimmages...May be y'all should "Scrimmage " Pisgah since real games seem to not go well..your leading candidate is a guy 22 games under 500...# pisgahslittlebrother
Franklin a loss on our schedule? We scrimmaged you guys and beat yal 6 touchdowns to 2. Either way that conference was fine just the way it was because the competition was close and all the schools were within 200 students of one another. Not 600 like the MAC is now

No doubt gentry is hall of famer...Brooks is 11-1 or 10-2 vs murphy...not questioning laws record but he has had great talent and me personally I feel he gave away a state title this year..
You beat up on 1a teams brag about it. Only teams you can beat in playoffs is teams from your conf, had to cheat to do that.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
And Pisgah has 100 excuses every time they lose..7-0-0-6 in football proves that..and mrbud please at least have a drink and do some factual research...

WIR you tired to convince everyone how good Franklin was last season, you should have lost to Pisgah, after the playoff beat downs you get every season , everyone knows you chumps are just average 2a team that beats 1a teams and home school teams.

Who's your team Mr dud...you may be least knowledgeable person on nc preps..haven't read one fact from you..
WIR you tired to convince everyone how good Franklin was last season, you should have lost to Pisgah, after the playoff beat downs you get every season , everyone knows you chumps are just average 2a team that beats 1a teams and home school teams.

Yes especially the two Pisgah grads who intentionally blew the pass interference call that for sure took points away from franklin...oh and yea I'd say the whole crew we had in canton was biased and incompetent and out right tried to screw franklin..oh wait Franklin won that game also...
I don't know how much that ref played a part in the game. But, he is terrible. I had dealings with him in the past and he was unprofessional, biased, incompetent. But so were many others.

Scrimmage? Are we really talking bout a scrimmage ? I checked max preps didn't see scrimmage results...lol wow where has your program sank to when you bragging bout scrimmages...May be y'all should "Scrimmage " Pisgah since real games seem to not go well..your leading candidate is a guy 22 games under 500...# pisgahslittlebrother
Well you want to say we would have lost to you guys.. well Franklin wasnt on the schedule and the only time we got to line up and hit each other in 2017 was in a scrimmage.. so at least I’m basing my comments on here on something that actually happened and not just assuming like you did. I wasnt bragging i was just saying.. the only stab Franklin got at us last year was in the middle of August.. and lost

Reactions: BlueVols
Who's your team Mr dud...you may be least knowledgeable person on nc preps..haven't read one fact from you..
Anyone with any football knowledge would have not got on here and brag about how strong Franklin was last season. You chumps don't have the athletes to compete with top 2a teams. East Lincoln and hilbriton beat the tar out of your team , you guys were never in both games. You know deep down that I am right.

Winds of change have shifted direction on The Hill it seems.

As to best coaches in the mountains- Laws and Gentry- I would have to throw Bruce Ollis on there too since he's back.

So let's see if what I'm hearing is true...the job is postells if board approves..if this is true that means basically the players hired the coach and that may not turn out so well..I'm kinda seeing thru this process ..one side of Haywood county has it's crap together and one side is way behind....and the debate for best coach in the mountains can go on..but no program gets more outta less than Franklin does...i was kinda hoping brookshire would land the job

Word outta Sylva yesterday was Brookshire had the job simply waiting on formal announcement...I'd make a prediction that if either postells or Brookshire land the job...neither last more than 3 years..just an opinion...nothing more...so what's the name coming out in Haywood county right now?

If bama says good news coming that means neither brookshire or postell get the job . Way I see it...

Love it!! #pisgahslittlebrother

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT