ADVERTISEMENT

Who's it going to be at BIG T?????

A D1 TE is going to run 6'4 or better in length. "Over 6 foot" better be quite a bit over. The last D1 TE recruit in this area was Tyler Sexton at EH, now at WCU. There isn't a Bear on your roster that approaches that level.

6-5 240 and still growing.
Tyler is 6-4

Last edited:
One local name that I would throw out there and I think he would do a good job is former Tuscola player, assistant coach, and current Smokey Mountain head coach Chris Brookshire. His personality is contagious and kids will run through a wall for the man. He's a great coach and more importantly a great human being. He knows how important the rivalry is with Pisgah also. You can't argue his success at Smokey. Imagine how could he could do with the athletes at Tuscola. Just my opinion.

Why would you recommend a coach with a losing record ?

If I was a big time coach, Tuscola is exactly where I’d go to retire. Easiest last few years of my career...spend all spring and summer and the first couple of games doing nothing but preparing for pisgah...then take the rest of the season off...easy money man

If I was a big time coach, Tuscola is exactly where I’d go to retire. Easiest last few years of my career...spend all spring and summer and the first couple of games doing nothing but preparing for pisgah...then take the rest of the season off...easy money man
Spoken just like someone who hasn't a clue.. And make no mistake about it..You havent

In all seriousness, their are teams out there like South Point, and weddington and even Charlotte Catholic that do not have tons of talent...they have great fundamentals and discipline and the kids buy into what the coaches are trying to do. South Point has been running that dang red bone Offense (as they call it) since dinosaurs roamed the earth and they still win year in and year out.

Crest go to a different page.. let us mountain folk worry about our issues..you worry about yours. My vote is for Postell.. From what I have heard he has the right mentality for THAT school. He has a good relationship with the kids and really knows the game. Who cares if he doesnt have a "big name" Yeah Kiefer and Pursley won a lot of games and had big names.. But Kiefer was a talent chaser and bounced around to which ever community had a fresh stock of 15 year old winners coming in.. and always left the schools with a coaching staff willing to kick their own asses rather than go through another year of his 4 hour practices. And Pursley knows the game and is a good man from what i hear but just out of touch with the area and kids. Postell for President

Crest go to a different page.. let us mountain folk worry about our issues..you worry about yours. My vote is for Postell.. From what I have heard he has the right mentality for THAT school. He has a good relationship with the kids and really knows the game. Who cares if he doesnt have a "big name" Yeah Kiefer and Pursley won a lot of games and had big names.. But Kiefer was a talent chaser and bounced around to which ever community had a fresh stock of 15 year old winners coming in.. and always left the schools with a coaching staff willing to kick their own asses rather than go through another year of his 4 hour practices. And Pursley knows the game and is a good man from what i hear but just out of touch with the area and kids. Postell for President

Pursley is out of touch? From what I have seen the Tuscola's numbers increase since Pursley became football coach. The problem is you guys just want someone who is going to do it the way you want things done. You will not get that type of coach if he has won before. If you get a "marginal" to "below marginal" coach, then that person will just have to settle and be happy he got a job. You guys just want some "back slapping", "sittin round the shack", "tobakker spittin", "talikin bout how it used to be", "inept" football coach to come in and stumble through the season. But you have got to beat Pisgah so you have something to sit around at the fillin station to talk about. Good luck. I guess ole Joe Gibbs would have a hard time coaching at Tuscola.

Hey Pro, i didn’t say Pursley’s numbers weren’t good. From what i hear he ran a tight ship and was fair.. I commend him for that, but when you’re over in the borough of green as much as i have heard he was.. then on top of that doesnt like/respect/care about the rivalry and all of that.. then yeah you’re a bit out of something for around here. Thanks for the inept and tobakker spittin insults though haha nice touch

Hey Pro, i didn’t say Pursley’s numbers weren’t good. From what i hear he ran a tight ship and was fair.. I commend him for that, but when you’re over in the borough of green as much as i have heard he was.. then on top of that doesnt like/respect/care about the rivalry and all of that.. then yeah you’re a bit out of something for around here. Thanks for the inept and tobakker spittin insults though haha nice touch

Oh I get it now. I apologize to all of the Tuscola fans. I just now discovered that you guys dont give a crap about winning. You just want someone who can beat Pisgah. A competitive program is just icing on the cake.

You will have to excuse Procoach...Who by the way isnt a coach...And isnt from the area and has no clue about what anyone in haywood wants..He thinks he does...Just like the rest on here who got it in their minds all we want is to beat pisgah and the hell with the rest of the season.

Yeah the fact that people actually believe that all we want is a win against Pisgah and nothing else is comical. Just have the right attitude for it is all we’re saying.

Reactions: 91ths
You will have to excuse Procoach...Who by the way isnt a coach...And isnt from the area and has no clue about what anyone in haywood wants..He thinks he does...Just like the rest on here who got it in their minds all we want is to beat pisgah and the hell with the rest of the season.

You are right. I am not from Haywood.

Wayne Vegas that is about the most stupid asinine post that anyone could possibly make. You are an idiot and a fraud who proposes to know but don’t know crap. What a stupid freaking post. I’m sure there are some great, intelligent people in Waynesville. You aren’t one of them.

Wayne Vegas that is about the most stupid asinine post that anyone could possibly make. You are an idiot and a fraud who proposes to know but don’t know crap. What a stupid freaking post. I’m sure there are some great, intelligent people in Waynesville. You aren’t one of them.
Which post? Feel free to elaborate..........

Bubba you’re really breaking my heart, please enlighten me with the plethora amount of football knowledge you think you have

Brookshire record is misleading. He's taking over losing programs and they have been winners by the time he's moved on. He knows how to build and win.[/QUOTE]

Please stop being a cheerleader for Brookshire. Most everyone likes Chris, but he does not deserve to be our head coach. His career winning percentage is 38%. He is 12-12 at Smoky. If the school board approves a coach with a 38% win percentage, then they will be showing the community that they don't care about being successful. By the way, they did this 5 years ago with a hire so I fear it could happen again.

Since ya'll bad mouthed Pursley, I doubt you'd be happy with anybody short of Belichick.

Since ya'll bad mouthed Pursley, I doubt you'd be happy with anybody short of Belichick.
No bad mouthing .One thing that never changes on here is when someone makes a statement,suggestion,asks why..Some blockhead comes on and blasts you for being the worst fan in the state or you are just bad mouthing.No doubt coach p.was an asset and great coach.But it's not bad mouthing or hatin by asking to give a damn about our rivalry game.

Reactions: WaynesVegas
The rivalry game should be a big deal. But, it shouldn't be the main thing. To me Tuscola vs. Pisssgah is the best rivalry in the state. I still say y'all should hire the coach who cares about the rivalry and understands the dynamics of Tuscola HS and community the best. Which would be Brookshire. If you only measure someone by their record you might be missing the total value of that coach.

First of all Jay coached offensive line and there is zero chance..he has no interest in being head coach and him and josh will always coach together..wanna beat pisgah...hire both the brothers...9--2 last 11...tim Hawkins is DC at Franklin and damn good coach...I know he's interested
Somewhere in a Citizen-Times article from a few years back, an interview with Sexton basically admits that Brookshire laid the groundwork at Erwin for the success he had there.

I'll throw a name out there - Jay Brooks, Franklin DC. Does he want to continue working in Josh's shadow or is he ambitious enough to strike out on his own? He grew up next door in Sylva, is a heckuva defensive coach, and doesn't care much for Chappell at that school down the road. That ought to make the "Gotta Beat The Bears/It Ain't Just Another Game" crowd ecstatic.

Smoky ain't no winner...plays no defense...blocks no one and wanna see a coaching mismatch...watch Franklin and Smoky...
Brookshire record is misleading. He's taking over losing programs and they have been winners by the time he's moved on. He knows how to build and win.

Reactions: BlueVols
First of all Jay coached offensive line and there is zero chance..he has no interest in being head coach and him and josh will always coach together..wanna beat pisgah...hire both the brothers...9--2 last 11...tim Hawkins is DC at Franklin and damn good coach...I know he's interested

Interesting that you'd be interested in Hawkins. He was an HC at Smoky as well and did nothing spectacular. He's done very well as DC at Franklin, but again, they have athletes and a better program overall led by the Brooks. Not Hawkins. Franklin gets all their players for track. SM has a lot that play baseball, and gotta recruit the others to do track. Marrying track and football has been very good to the Franklin programs.

If Asheville brought 12 parents and 3 uncles to away games would that be acceptable?
That was actually a legitimate question to the tuscola fans, but since you want to be a d*** about it, let me remind you that tuscola is 2-17-1 against asheville high in the last 20 meetings. We met in 2003 in front of 8,000+ people, and you lost that and we met in 2017 in front of 18 fans and you lost that one too.
Good luck in your coaching search

Reactions: Steelers71
Dont sit there and play the victim like you’re some Democratic nominee acting as if you weren’t taking your own stab with your question. You say that record as if we should ever beat you guys consistently.. Year in year out you guys are 2 inches taller, 15 pounds heavier, and 2 tenths faster in the 40 at every position.. oh and that 2017 score.. it’s too bad our whopping 125 pound running back got hurt in the first half after being up on you guys two touchdowns .. cause you guys definitely would have caught an L if that kid would have stayed in the game. Regardless of the abundance of 4 plays we ran to the boundary. If the Tuscola coaching staffs had yal’s genetics over the past 30 years.. Tuscola would have a fist full of rings.

That is partially true though. Over the past 15-20 years, Asheville high has MASSIVELY underachieved with the talent we've had.

That was actually a legitimate question to the tuscola fans, but since you want to be a d*** about it, let me remind you that tuscola is 2-17-1 against asheville high in the last 20 meetings. We met in 2003 in front of 8,000+ people, and you lost that and we met in 2017 in front of 18 fans and you lost that one too.
Good luck in your coaching search
BS...... You and another on here used to come on here with your superiority complexes every year not so long ago.You know it and so does everyone else who has been on here for a while.You have been humbled by AC and others and then want to throw the same bs out there. Worry about buncombe co and we will worry about ours..

BS...... You and another on here used to come on here with your superiority complexes every year not so long ago.You know it and so does everyone else who has been on here for a while.You have been humbled by AC and others and then want to throw the same bs out there. Worry about buncombe co and we will worry about ours..
We have a winning record against Reynolds just for the record

Reactions: 91ths
All I’m saying is that over the years Tuscola has won a tremendous amount of ball games with a lot of 5’9 170 pound kids that run 4.9’s. If you would have given a 1980-1996 Doug Brooks.. 03-04 Noland.. 05-06 Sexton.. 07-11 Kiefer.. 12-13 Allen 14-17 Pursley.. half the body frames Asheville.. TC.. AC.. get every year.. with our boys’ love for their school.. town.. and team commitment.. it’s a wrap folks

All I’m saying is that over the years Tuscola has won a tremendous amount of ball games with a lot of 5’9 170 pound kids that run 4.9’s. If you would have given a 1980-1996 Doug Brooks.. 03-04 Noland.. 05-06 Sexton.. 07-11 Kiefer.. 12-13 Allen 14-17 Pursley.. half the body frames Asheville.. TC.. AC.. get every year.. with our boys’ love for their school.. town.. and team commitment.. it’s a wrap folks
Like I said, in the 21st century, there is no denying the fact we have massively underachieved with the talent we've had come through.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT