ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins the 1a and 1aa state championships?

Who wins the 1a and the 1aa state championships?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KnightInShiningArmor

Nov 7, 2018
Graham County
I realize this is way too early but just for fun what is your guys predictions? Please vote for a 1a and 1aa winner. Also this is assuming Murphy and Mitchell are both staying down so vote accordingly. Thanks.

I realize this is way too early but just for fun what is your guys predictions? Please vote for a 1a and 1aa winner. Also this is assuming Murphy and Mitchell are both staying down so vote accordingly. Thanks.

Unless 20 schools drop a significant amount of enrollment, Mitchell will stay small. They are projected to have 400 in 2022, and less than 350 by 2025. Unless things drastically change in the area, we will be small until Jesus comes back.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Tarboro no doubt in the 1AA. 1A could be fun to watch with Mitchell, Robbinsville, and potentially Murphy of they're small.

Talked to principal yesterday at Murphy,opening day enrollment is virtually the same as last year.

Unless 20 schools drop a significant amount of enrollment, Mitchell will stay small. They are projected to have 400 in 2022, and less than 350 by 2025. Unless things drastically change in the area, we will be small until Jesus comes back.
Mountie if your predictions are correct about the loss of that many students at Mitchell.do you forecast Mountain Heritage to also have the same problem.Both counties are about the same as far as economics go .I guess our only advantage that I can think of is were closer to Asheville .l for one hope what your saying does not happen, but it would not surprise me if it did. just not enough manufacturing jobs in our rural counties and of course our local governments are clueless, only thing most of them care about is stuffing there pockets with our tax dollars

Mountie if your predictions are correct about the loss of that many students at Mitchell.do you forecast Mountain Heritage to also have the same problem.Both counties are about the same as far as economics go .I guess our only advantage that I can think of is were closer to Asheville .l for one hope what your saying does not happen, but it would not surprise me if it did. just not enough manufacturing jobs in our rural counties and of course our local governments are clueless, only thing most of them care about is stuffing there pockets with our tax dollars

I don't know about yancey county's numbers.

Has to be Tarboro 1AA and Murphy 1A as the favorites, but if Murphy goes 1AA then my vote would be for Mitchell in 1A

Yet people keep voting for them because they sit and preach and make promises about fixing federal issues that they have no power to fix while padding their pockets and leaving their communities in the ruins. Maybe one day people will stop voting against their best interest and demand our leaders do better.

Tarboro again....will only get a minor challenge in state championship.
Robbinsville....they are intriguing to me. keeping my tabs on them

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Bears ADM is down from past years; it could be real close to line (A/AA) will keep an eye on it
If MA goes small they could easily make an appearance in the state title game and maybe win it would be crazy if the NW represented the west in big and small 1A

Mount Airy was small 1A for only two years that I remember. 2008 & 2009, they won the state 1A Championship in 2008 and were runner ups in 2009 losing to Wallace Rose Hill by 1 point in OT. .2008 they blew out everyone from game one to winning the State Championship and came very close to setting a scoring record outscoring everyone 845 to 94 winning all 16 games They beat Williamston 37-14 and that 14 & North Surry cross creek rivals score was 48-20 was the most points scored on them that year. There was a lot of zeros and 6s

Last edited:
MA was 1AA IN 2009!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY YEAR WAS SMALL WAS 2008. Got beat in title 2009 by wrh who went 2A the next year.

Thats what I thought but they were small 2 years. I was about to say I don't remember WRH ever going 1A but guess they did. WRH did not move to 2A though until the last realignment. They won a 1A title in 09, and 1AA in 10 and then 14,15,16 and 2A in 17. Its all becoming a blur.

Last edited:
1aa - Tarboro
1a - I am going with Mitchell. I feel like Murphy will have depth issues and Rville doesn't have the defense to win it.

Everyone is wanting to talk roster numbers for Murphy and are giving them a smaller chance to repeat this year because of the 33 kid roster. If you look on maxprep, last year on opening day ( not counting but one freshman, Mccracken) because the roster has the jvs that got pulled up listed. Murphy had 37 kids. Correct me someone, if I'm wrong but Mccracken to my knowledge was the only freshman that played all year. I'm pretty sure that we had 35 dressed opening night against Pisgah. Two of which were girls. In 17' we had 38 if you subtract the freshman that are listed on maxprep. We have 33 listed this year. We have one injury that I know of. So we are gonna open up with 32 kids this year. I realize we are not as deep in the "back" department as we have been. But I also believe the last few years we have been deeper in that department than historically we have been. An injury to a key will always hurt Murphy or any 1a team. I'm just failing to see the HUGE deal with Murphy's numbers this year based on their numbers from the last few seasons and the success they have had with those numbers over those seasons.

Everyone is wanting to talk roster numbers for Murphy and are giving them a smaller chance to repeat this year because of the 33 kid roster. If you look on maxprep, last year on opening day ( not counting but one freshman, Mccracken) because the roster has the jvs that got pulled up listed. Murphy had 37 kids. Correct me someone, if I'm wrong but Mccracken to my knowledge was the only freshman that played all year. I'm pretty sure that we had 35 dressed opening night against Pisgah. Two of which were girls. In 17' we had 38 if you subtract the freshman that are listed on maxprep. We have 33 listed this year. We have one injury that I know of. So we are gonna open up with 32 kids this year. I realize we are not as deep in the "back" department as we have been. But I also believe the last few years we have been deeper in that department than historically we have been. An injury to a key will always hurt Murphy or any 1a team. I'm just failing to see the HUGE deal with Murphy's numbers this year based on their numbers from the last few seasons and the success they have had with those numbers over those seasons.
You are right..Numbers have nothing to do with it..Robbinsville normally has 25-30 kids.
The key is keeping them healthy.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
with a line like Murphy has any decent back will get the job done. In my opinion

Reactions: CherokeeKid
I was talking about this the other day regarding the Zeke Elliot holdout. You can’t replace Zeke, but behind the cowboys o-line a half decent rb can still be productive. Murphy will be fine.
Fine enough to maybe finish 2nd in conference no state championship this year

So your confused on whether your a Franklin or Hayesville fan and now all of the sudden without us even playing a single game you know how good Murphy is going to be this season . Got it .

Reactions: ncvol2381
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT