ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville at Mtn. Heritage

wolfpack69

Aug 7, 2004
Going to be a 5+ hour trip for the Wolfpack. Should be an interesting game. Hopefully we can pull the upset like we did in 2003 against Owen. Predictions?

MH is always a tough out. Gotta stop the run or its going to be a long night for the Pack.

MH is always a tough out. Gotta stop the run or its going to be a long night for the Pack.
For sure. Heritage had 486yds. rushing tonight against Lexington. The QB had 223yds. rushing. They only completed 1 for 7 passes for 13yds.

Whiteville will have their hands full and so will MH. I hope it will be a good game with the best team coming out on top. Go Pack.

Heritage didn't play their best game tonight but put up enough points to come away with the win. Surprised the defense gave up as many points as they did. They had a few dumb penalties. Robsinson only went 1-7 passing but his receivers dropped a few. Still had a big night on he ground. Excited to see Whiteville for the first time. Hope you guys have a safe trip up the mountain.

Thanks mhhs16. Whiteville didn't play their best game either. Fell behind 7 to 0 before they got going behind the passing of our QB for over 250 yards and 3 touchdowns. May the best team win and make it to the state game.

Reactions: dirty stallion
Strick I would like to say Pack wins,but I know nothing about Heritage,only what I read on here. Pack did have some trouble stopping Grimes but won big. That don't sound right does it,but the O line from wills real good at sustaining ,holding blocks. Not seen pulling guard give pack that much trouble for first half. Moss is real deal though. This should be a good ball game.

That was the best line I have seen this year,but our line did a great job also pass blocking was great and they did open some holes to with 10 and 11 in the box.

I know most will disagree with me but hey its a message board what do I care. Even with the numbers that Robinson has accumulated I think the strength of the Heritage team is their line. Their backs will be 3-5 yards past the line of scrimmage before they are touched. This is no slam of Robinson, his numbers speak for themself. There is nothing fancy about Heritage, you know what is coming, they line up and run right at you. Problem is they execute so well it is very hard to stop.

The teams that have played heritage the best have been able to move the ball through the air. This should be a good game.

You will be in some of the tallest area east of the Mississippi. Very close to Mt Mitchell.

Reactions: daagoob
Well i've only seen Whiteville once that was the 03 Owen game. Make know mistake about it Owen had a subpar night and the pack made them pay. As for this game seen heritage twice this year there line play is very good so this game should be a dandy. I would say Whiteville needs to start quick get Heritage behind make them have to pass more. If heritage gets a quick lead that run game will control the clock and make it a long night for the pack.

As you can see the Pack did have a problem stopping a good blocking line with Grimes getting close to 300 yds last night. I am pretty sure Mtn Heritage's line is a notch better, at least, and probably BIGGER. Pack D did tighten up and was kind of lucky with a missed call on a punt reception where our player ran into their returner, and three fumbles by N Wilkes, but all that is part of the game. Still cant get over the 287 yds Grimes ground out, but only 13 points.
Wolfpack D is going to be in for a supreme test up on the Mountain, but we have done it before!
If Pack O remains consistent as it has for the past 10 weeks we could have a shootout.

Mtn Heritage is nasty up front not many 2A teams are that strong. If NWilkes can move the ball on Whiteville defense its going to be a long night. Mtn Heritage 21

Never seen Mtn Heritage before. Not undefeated for nothing so My Pack will be tested. We didn't start well against N Wilkes but adjusted well defensively. Crimes is just who he is, "ground and pound" but one dimensional doesn't cut it in the post season. WHS will test thier corners and utilize their skill players to fullest. We are playing good ball over the past 8 weeks. Should be a good one. Whiteville by 10.

This may sound funny,but Pack strikes hard and fast. Will the weather be a factor? Our kids never play in the teens. If its as cold there Friday night as I read it was last night,might be a problem. Say what u want,in high school kids that never play in high elevations and very,very cold weather makes a difference. No way you can simulate that kind of weather at practice here on coast. West Columbus went to mountains when all state RB Travis Leggett was senior it was 16 degrees at half time.
Our parents went to cars never came back in,players were freezing on side line that night. Maybe I'm wrong but just going by what I've seen at higher elevations. Pack will come and play hard,look for a upset Friday night on close game. Pack by 12 pts.

If Whiteville is victorious, it won't be a surprise. They are a #1 or #2 Seed in all honesty with 1 loss playing as a #7.

Watch Heritage beat a hendo team that has 2 D1 wr , you guys are in for a surprise Their QB is a 200 lbs beast, they have good team speed. Plus they have already beat 2 fast teams 3A Erwin and Hendo.

Watch Heritage beat a hendo team that has 2 D1 wr , you guys are in for a surprise Their QB is a 200 lbs beast, they have good team speed. Plus they have already beat 2 fast teams 3A Erwin and Hendo.

That's great! That doesn't define the game this Friday though. You mean the Erwin team that has a 6-5 record? And beat Hendersonville by 6? Mtn Heritage and Whiteville are evenly matched. The team that shows up and commits fewer turnovers will win in my opinion. Good luck to both teams! #GoPack

Last edited:
Make no mistake if heritage packs the stadium whiteville will be in area of NC they never knew existed...it will be cold grass will be high...i expect high scoring game..whiteville is a dangerous "7" seed..my geography may be bad but last I checked whiteville would be in "eastern " NC..GOTTA love our NCHSAA

Make no mistake if heritage packs the stadium whiteville will be in area of NC they never knew existed...it will be cold grass will be high...i expect high scoring game..whiteville is a dangerous "7" seed..my geography may be bad but last I checked whiteville would be in "eastern " NC..GOTTA love our NCHSAA
No disrespect to whiteville. I hope they come out of the West. But they would be a # 7 seed at the highest in the east.

For the Whiteville fans that are going to make the 5 hour trip, get ready to climb a small mountain to get to your seats on the visitors side. Lincolnton had to play up there several years back and I still hear Lincolnton fans complain about the football stadium and seating at Mt Heritage. Good luck.

Pack will bring a crowd. But the unluck of the draw is rearing it’s very ugly head. Up hill Is an understatement.

Don't mind the hills,just COLD weather that gets me in my old age. Someone told me closer to 6/ hours there.

Whiteville is definitely not one dimensional, if you shut down the run you will have to deal with the pass. Moss kid is good at making something happen if he gets a lot of pressure as well. That cold weather could make a difference though if turns into a throwing game for the Wolfpack. Don't know anything about MH but Whiteville pretty good at shutting down the run as well. Should be a great game.

He reminded me of the back fromEB that played at App St Richardson? Followed his blockers very well!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT