ADVERTISEMENT

#18 Rockingham County @ #15 North Lincoln

I don’t know anything about Rockingham Co but North Lincoln has been playing some good ball. They won the last 5 and just beat East Lincoln 13-0. Both teams are 7-3 so this could be competitive ballgame between the 2. I take North Lincoln in a close one.

North has only one weapon, and that's their tailback. Defense is above average. Hard really tell how good they are because their competition in their five game winning streak has been weak--North Iredell 3-7, St. Stephens 1-9, Fred T. Foard 0-10, West Iredell 6-4, East Lincoln 7-3, and East Lincoln was an average team this season--nowhere near the State Championship caliber of last year.

Rockingham County offense runs through their QB. #10 Baker plays QB and MLB for the team. As he goes the Cougars go. They will try to slow the game down and use the entire play clock. Against better competition, they lost to Eastern Guilford 28-14 and they were up 14-0 on Eastern but lost the game in the 2nd half. Against Dudley, they scored once (Off a drive where Dudley gave them 60 yards of penalties (HORRIBLE CALLS)) but lost 49-7 to the Panthers. They couldn't match the athletes of Dudley or Eastern. Rockingham plays extremely hard with the front 7 on defense. They will try to stunt and send the house to get you to get rid of the ball fast.

Rockingham County offense runs through their QB. #10 Baker plays QB and MLB for the team. As he goes the Cougars go. They will try to slow the game down and use the entire play clock. Against better competition, they lost to Eastern Guilford 28-14 and they were up 14-0 on Eastern but lost the game in the 2nd half. Against Dudley, they scored once (Off a drive where Dudley gave them 60 yards of penalties (HORRIBLE CALLS)) but lost 49-7 to the Panthers. They couldn't match the athletes of Dudley or Eastern. Rockingham plays extremely hard with the front 7 on defense. They will try to stunt and send the house to get you to get rid of the ball fast.
If you send the house against NL you may find the running back catching a five yard pass and running untouched for 95 more. Stunting won't be too effective, as NL is a fundamentally sound team, but with very few "athletes." They are smart and very well coached. Now, if you do have an effective passer and he can get 3-8 seconds of protection, they RC will do very well. NL is weak defensively in the passing game. The longer the QB has, the more the NL defenders "lose" the receivers.

Along with QB Baker, Rockingham has an outstanding WR in senior Maleek Bryant, who has 41 receptions and 8 TDs.

I'd give the nod to Rockingham County. They lost to perennial juggernaut Reidsville by a close 28-19....they also faced a superior schedule, with Dudley in there. . . and Dudley did what Dudley does to them.
has it been a while since rockingham county has won a playoff game?

Steep uphill climb from here for them North boys, Hickory wasn’t too kind the 1st go round but I have seen some crazy rematches before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT