ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville at Mtn. Heritage

The thing with Heritage is that everybody and their momma knows they're about to line up and run it down your throat, but nobody has been able to stop it so far this year. Whiteville may come in and shut Robinson and the Cougars down though so you never know. Heritage's QB is western North Carolina's all time leader in total yards and rushing yards.

This game is going to come down to the wire I believe. The Heritage QB is really good and runs the ball harder than a lot of running backs. One thing you can count on is Heritage being well coached and not beat themselves, it can be a bit frustrating playing a team like this. However, Whiteville will have the better athletes I believe and if you can pass then Heritage will be in trouble. Yeah they beat Erwin and a decent Hendo team but I believe Whiteville is a few notches better than both. Key to beating heritage is getting out in front early so they have to pass and you have to keep them from getting in 3rd and favorable positions on 3rd down. If Whiteville doesn't let the weather get to them then I believe they can win.

Reactions: Champ_24
Speed kills.... and I don’t know if they’ve seen speed like whiteville beings on offense... but then again I know nothing about them.... I do however don’t think whiteville will be able to stop them either

QB Trey Robinson is a 4yr starter at QB, and his father Joey is the Coach....Joey Robinson has done an incredible job at Mountain Heritage, and led the Cougars to the state title back in 2009, losing to Tarboro...Trey is tough as nails, and just doesn't seem to get tired...Seen him run over a LBer in the 2nd half earlier this year ...A lot of his teammates are kids that he has played with all his life....Joey became Coach of the Cougars back around 2001, I believe, and has had a lot of the same staff members through the years, and they do a great job play calling, and will generally pass the ball only when the situation is right, like 2nd and short or 1st and 5 after a penalty....I know Whiteville is tough, and is also benefited by great coaching....I've read about the Moss kid quite a bit this year, and it seems that the Wolfpack's season turned when he took over for the other QB who was injured earlier in the season if that's correct?...Whiteville does have that reputation of traveling well to the mountains and coming away with the victory as they did against an unbeaten Owen team that was referenced earlier in this thread....I look forward to watching this game next friday night as my brother and I will be making the trip to burnsville which will be our 2nd such trip this season....Safe travels to those folks making the Coastal trek to the Mountains....I think the weather should be about normal or slightly above normal for mountain standards with little or no rain forecast for now at least....

Last edited:
For the Whiteville fans that are going to make the 5 hour trip, get ready to climb a small mountain to get to your seats on the visitors side. Lincolnton had to play up there several years back and I still hear Lincolnton fans complain about the football stadium and seating at Mt Heritage. Good luck.

New aluminum bleachers have been installed on the visitor side about 3 years ago. But there is a long walk to the visitor side and even longer walk back to your car since it's all uphill.
But hey it's in the mountains!
Go Cougars!

This game is going to come down to the wire I believe. The Heritage QB is really good and runs the ball harder than a lot of running backs. One thing you can count on is Heritage being well coached and not beat themselves, it can be a bit frustrating playing a team like this. However, Whiteville will have the better athletes I believe and if you can pass then Heritage will be in trouble. Yeah they beat Erwin and a decent Hendo team but I believe Whiteville is a few notches better than both. Key to beating heritage is getting out in front early so they have to pass and you have to keep them from getting in 3rd and favorable positions on 3rd down. If Whiteville doesn't let the weather get to them then I believe they can win.

Have you seen Hville play? We have a wr that's on the shrine bowl team and another wr thats divison 1. As for Heritage they are really good, they have good team speed, their d-line is very athletic. They will punch you in the mouth every play. bet you have not played a team as strong as they are,. They were the 2nd best team we played this season, Charlotte christian was the best .

Reactions: MHC#16
Have you seen Hville play? We have a wr that's on the shrine bowl team and another wr thats divison 1. As for Heritage they are really good, they have good team speed, their d-line is very athletic. They will punch you in the mouth every play. bet you have not played a team as strong as they are,. They were the 2nd best team we played this season, Charlotte christian was the best .
Yes I have seen Hendersonville play twice this season and I have seen Heritage play once. I haven't seen Whiteville in person (I'm a Lincolnton fan) but I am very impressed with what I see on film from them, especially the QB. IMO Hendo has the most comparable athletes to Whiteville but I'm not sure you guys have the overall team speed I see from Whiteville on film (I could be wrong). Speaking of that Christian game, do you guys play them again next season?

I too think this Whiteville team will be the fastest and most athletic team Heritage have faced all year.

Heritage is a tough team, well coached and driven. I still expect Whiteville to win but it'll be tough

I think you'll find that the Wolfpack won't be able to stop that running game. Mt. Heritage by 3 tds. Just my opinion

I think you'll find that the Wolfpack won't be able to stop that running game. Mt. Heritage by 3 tds. Just my opinion

I don’t think whiteville will stop them either .... and there’s a lot more that can go wrong passing the ball than running it ... I think Heritage wins a close one

Y'all are right and I tend to agree, the Pack D probably won't stop them, but if they can slow them down occasionally get them in 3rd and long situations, we can do this. Really don't think they will have an answer for the Pack O, hard to cover a dual threat QB like Moss is, and #10 and #6 are not to shabby getting separation and getting yds after the catch.

Reactions: Core31
This may sound funny,but Pack strikes hard and fast. Will the weather be a factor? Our kids never play in the teens. If its as cold there Friday night as I read it was last night,might be a problem. Say what u want,in high school kids that never play in high elevations and very,very cold weather makes a difference. No way you can simulate that kind of weather at practice here on coast. West Columbus went to mountains when all state RB Travis Leggett was senior it was 16 degrees at half time.
Our parents went to cars never came back in,players were freezing on side line that night. Maybe I'm wrong but just going by what I've seen at higher elevations. Pack will come and play hard,look for a upset Friday night on close game. Pack by 12 pts.
Weather shouldn't be a problem at all Friday even for east coast teams

Speed kills.... and I don’t know if they’ve seen speed like whiteville beings on offense... but then again I know nothing about them.... I do however don’t think whiteville will be able to stop them either
I’m from Columbus county but know live in Western NC and I can tell you MH is solid top to bottom and will be tough, they beat a very Athletic Hendersonville team with two outstanding receivers and a solid QB> tough on D as well. Pulling for Whiteville!! Go Pack

Whiteville dont be shocked if you show up to a wet field. Spoke to a coach and player from Lexington both state Mt. Heritage is a solid club but the wet field condition did effect their footing

Whiteville dont be shocked if you show up to a wet field. Spoke to a coach and player from Lexington both state Mt. Heritage is a solid club but the wet field condition did effect their footing
The field at Heritage is a joke. Its almost like playing on grass in your backyard especially around this time of year. Not sure why they haven't moved to turf yet

I don’t think whiteville will stop them either .... and there’s a lot more that can go wrong passing the ball than running it ... I think Heritage wins a close one

There's only one thing that can go wrong running or passing and that's fumbling or a interception. MH is run heavy and Whiteville run and throw. Both teams are in the 2nd round for a reason. May the better team win.

Sack ...interception ...catch and fumble ...incomplete pass

Fumble... tackle for loss

Same can be said for MH as well. I guess we are 11-1 by luck. We will be ready for MH Friday night.

Lol where are you getting that from?

nobody said whiteville was lucky ... geez must be that time of the month ... all I said was more can go wrong passing ... and that’s true ... I didn’t say it was gonna go wrong but it can ...

Been watching some film of Whiteville, they are a solid team good overall team speed. They will have success against MH in the passing game, Heritage is much stronger on both lines look for them to totally stop the rushing game. The Robinson kid is a beast, don't think they can slow him down. But after watching both teams I say MH 42-28

That’s funny since it rained all week last week in the mtns and was in the high 20s Friday night.

Could come down to a field goal. Whiteville has a good one good from about 40 yards out. Does MH have a good kicker? Part of the game a lot of people forget about.

New aluminum bleachers have been installed on the visitor side about 3 years ago. But there is a long walk to the visitor side and even longer walk back to your car since it's all uphill.
But hey it's in the mountains!
Go Cougars!
What about getting to visitors side. What you mean climb a small mountain to get there?

Oh boo hoo, who cares how nice the grass is, it’s football. One of the most intriguing match ups in recent memory to me. Should be a great one. I saw Mountain Heritage give Reidsville a few problems a few years ago which is impressive in itself lol. I’m going with Cougars 42-28, they pull away in 2nd half due to physicality

Never really understood this, does both teams not play on the same field? Why would a wet field only slow down one team? As menitoned before, No doubt the Heritage field was wet it rained all week. I will bet the field will be wet Friday as well, cold nights next to the river after a warm day leads to humidity which leads to dew which leads to wet field.

And a cold fall Friday night in the beautiful N.C. mountains. Doesn’t get much better. Good luck to both teams. Awesome match up

Don't think you will hear anyone complain about the field from the Whiteville faithful, the ride maybe..........but not field, we are just blessed to be playing and having a chance to survive and advance.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
What about getting to visitors side. What you mean climb a small mountain to get there?

It is a long walk to the visitor side down a hill you have to walk up that same hill going back to your car.
If you have a handicap they will let you park closer or drop off closer to the visitor side just get there early.

Locally this game will be on 100.9 FM, or the CC Sports Network. Looking forward to a great game.

Yes, one can listen on wkyk.com, then click listen, which is 940AM in Burnsville

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT