ADVERTISEMENT

West Stokes at Reidsville - Western 2-A regional final

2006-09 in the Old North State. Maybe we can play in a hurricane again...lol. Looking forward to my trip to Reidsville, it's been a while.

These schools used to be in the same conference ... I'll have to check the years.

All I remember is the last time Reidsville played at West Stokes they had great hamburgers and it rained so much during the game that ducks were swimming at mid field.:cool:

And for the life of me, I still don't understand why the refs didn't throw the flag on those ducks for illegal motion.:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Actually West Stokes and Reidsville were in the same conf....2005 thru 2008.....Rams won all 4 previous matchups 21-0 in 2005, 42-14 in 2006, 42-7 in 2007 and 54-0 in 2008......West Stokes had the misfortune to run into some great Ram teams (07 and 08 teams went 16-0)......state titles 2007, 2008 and 2009 (altho they didn't play each other that year)..............all of this means nothing as far this years matchup,,just a little history.......BTW the teams have 2 common opponents this year.......MOUNT AIRY defeated West Stokes 27-20...Reidsville beat MOUNT AIRY 45-14.......EAST SURRY beat West Stokes 35-10.....EAST SURRY beat Reidsville 55-49...

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
This will be my second game at Reidsville this year after watching the East Surry game. Hopefully good weather and big crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
All I remember is the last time Reidsville played at West Stokes they had great hamburgers and it rained so much during the game that ducks were swimming at mid field.:cool:
I sat through that game. Miserable weather. Really nice folks in concession stand and good food. I know they had to resod that field after that. Most games were postponed that night.

Off the subject but also remember a baseball game in 2006 where the wind was so bad a fly ball to left ended up in right field. That was a terrible conference alignment because of the travel time to West Stokes from the rest of the teams.Looking forward to a great game next week.

How did WS lose 3 of their first 4 games 1st one to South Stokes and end up in the Semi’s. Did they have people injured at the beginning of the season or something. What a huge turnaround

They have changed a few things around on offense since those first 3 games, huge history between coaches in first game against south stokes, MA and ES are huge rivals. This West Stokes team is peaking at the right time. I deff wouldn’t sleep on this team , coach Upchurch seems to thrive in these kinda games. Deff the underdog but wouldn’t sleep on them

Reactions: LoveMyWildcats
Those are two pretty good teams ws beat back to back.
Rams def have to play better than last week.

How did WS lose 3 of their first 4 games 1st one to South Stokes and end up in the Semi’s. Did they have people injured at the beginning of the season or something. What a huge turnaround
No injuries it took a few games for the offense to settle in. Quarterback is a senior but had not started at that position. He has been awsome last half of season

Reactions: LoveMyWildcats
They have changed a few things around on offense since those first 3 games, huge history between coaches in first game against south stokes, MA and ES are huge rivals. This West Stokes team is peaking at the right time. I deff wouldn’t sleep on this team , coach Upchurch seems to thrive in these kinda games. Deff the underdog but wouldn’t sleep on them
When you are playing in the 4th round, you never sleep on anybody... No team gets to the 4th round without being one of the elites..

Reidsville will have no problems with West. They do have a very good WR, around the level of Stevens for East Surry, but the QB is no where near as good as Boaz and they don’t have other receivers to take pressure off.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Reidsville will have no problems with West. They do have a very good WR, around the level of Stevens for East Surry, but the QB is no where near as good as Boaz and they don’t have other receivers to take pressure off.
We have two schools within fifteen minutes of each other in the western finals. Most of these players know each other and most likely pulling for one another. But these Surry county fans are so jealous of West Stokes it's pathetiic. Yes you played Reidsville one time and got lucky to beat them. I think our coaching staff knows how tough it's going to be to get a win against the Rams but we going to show up and see what happens. east Surry you need to be concerned about your game.

Reactions: packerep1
if you swap Parsons for Stevens on this team we would have played our second basketball game.

The big-play offensive players for West Stokes (all seniors)
No. 1 -QB - Amon Conrad (5-10, 210)
No. 2 - RB - Chris Brown (5-10, 170)
No. 13 - WR - Kelin Parsons (6-3, 185)

In the Mountain Heritage win:
Conrad 18-30-2 for 239 yards and 3 TDs
Parsons 6 receptions for for 131 yards and two TDs

Conrad is just short of 3,000 yards passing on the season and threw for 455 and 5 TDs in one game.
Parsons also a big-time player on defense with 15 career interceptions and on kickoff returns.

Veteran Wildcat coach Jimmy Upchurch had this to say about his team to the Stokes News after the win:

“These kids are tough and hardnosed and find a way to win. They remind me a lot of our 2011 team. Nobody gave us a shot back then and it’s the same today. We made some early season adjustments and the guys started playing and believing in each other."

Last edited:
Reidsville has had their biggest defensive problems this season against passing teams - East Surry and Eastern Guilford. But they have made adjustments since the East Surry game. Apparently, they'll need to be at their best to slow down West Stokes.

Question is......can West Stokes slow down a Reidsville team averaging 50 plus points per game........................Shootout??? Reidsville has pitched 8 shutouts...........................

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I personally think reidsville wins big in this one. West stokes is a solid team but we were down this year compared to the the last two years and only lost to them by 6 and could have won the game but we had 3 turn overs in the first half and killed our selves on penaltys. We held them scoreless till two mins before the half speed was the big differnce in the game in my opinion they have a couple of quick guys but that wont be a problem for reidsville. I look for the rams to win by two to three touch downs. Brevard has a better defense then west stokes. Good luck to the rams this Friday.

Reidsville is the top dog in 2a till someone can beat them I have a ton of respect for there program they are a class act. We have had some battles with yall the last two years. Not taking anything away from west stokes they are a solid team but reidsville will be to for west stokes I guess anything can happen but I dont see them pulling the upset on the rams

Have a lot of respect for Reidsville. Them and Shelby are the top dogs in 2a every year. Will be big upset if west pulls it off.

We have two schools within fifteen minutes of each other in the western finals. Most of these players know each other and most likely pulling for one another. But these Surry county fans are so jealous of West Stokes it's pathetiic. Yes you played Reidsville one time and got lucky to beat them. I think our coaching staff knows how tough it's going to be to get a win against the Rams but we going to show up and see what happens. east Surry you need to be concerned about your game.

Don’t have a dog in this fight but I would suggest being careful grouping all ES fans in with one clueless guys comments. He has been out of touch with reality for a while with some of his stuff he spews. ES has a few of those on this board. He is probably one of those fans that think they know football at much deeper level than they actually do. I think it is great for the foothills that WS beat Heritage and has made the western finals. Yes, the fact that the two schools are separated by 15 mins and are huge rivals makes it even better. I’ve seen them play twice this season and while they are athletic, they are no where close to the 2011 WS team on defense. The defense and their offensive line that year is what won them that state title. Good luck to all the WS faithful.

Don’t have a dog in this fight but I would suggest being careful grouping all ES fans in with one clueless guys comments. He has been out of touch with reality for a while with some of his stuff he spews. ES has a few of those on this board. He is probably one of those fans that think they know football at much deeper level than they actually do. I think it is great for the foothills that WS beat Heritage and has made the western finals. Yes, the fact that the two schools are separated by 15 mins and are huge rivals makes it even better. I’ve seen them play twice this season and while they are athletic, they are no where close to the 2011 WS team on defense. The defense and their offensive line that year is what won them that state title. Good luck to all the WS faithful.
I think it's great that both teams have gotten this far. I know it was more expected with what East had returning. I hope both teams win this Friday.

I seen all the weapons that Reidsville had against East Surry but West has several capable receivers. With Pass and Parsons you're looking at two of the best.

Yes, Reidsville has seen Eastern Guilford who has a pretty good offense along with East Surry, both moved the ball well.

Reidsville should have played west in the state championship in 2011.

Yes, Reidsville has seen Eastern Guilford who has a pretty good offense along with East Surry, both moved the ball well.

Reidsville should have played west in the state championship in 2011.
Yes everyone was expecting to play Reidsville in the championship game

one of the oddest facts.....the Reidsville QB that got ejected in the regional final football game versus Kinston in 2011...later that school year got ejected in the regional final BASKETBALL game versus?? you guessed it....Kinston............that is truly weird.....................

one of the oddest facts.....the Reidsville QB that got ejected in the regional final football game versus Kinston in 2011...later that school year got ejected in the regional final BASKETBALL game versus?? you guessed it....Kinston............that is truly weird.....................

He deserved the basketball one. The football one I remember us thinking if he should have been ejected

agree...I was at both games....Kinston player started the football DQ.....BB was on the Reidsville player............

Yes everyone was expecting to play Reidsville in the championship game

We should have went for it on 4th and 1 in that 2011 Western Final. To this day our coaching staff regrets that. We could have easily got that first down and then run the clock out. Instead we punted it and your QB put the whole entire West Stokes team on his back and willed his way down the field to score a td and beat us with hardly any time remaining. It was just an incredible show of determination by your QB that year. He was good. Our QB tore his ACL on the first play of the game....wasn't even touched, just turned the wrong way and pop. Our backup did all he could and almost pulled it out. That was just a great Western Final.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT