ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte @ Crest round 3

I haven't seen them since we were both 4A. They had some great athletes back then. I expect to us to put yesterday behind us and get back to Charger football.

This game sounds fast and that big plays will be plentiful. It Seems like Crest has been more consistent in maintaining their identity throughout the year whereas WC has left people guessing at times as to who they really are. This is the time of year where simply “out-athleting” teams usually comes to an end.

Reactions: New3ra and beamer24
Football is about match ups and WC’s offense may be an issue against big or stout defensive lines but what they do actually plays into the weaknesses of Crest defense. If WC is able to get 3-4 yards per carry this could be a real interesting game, if not it could get ugly. They spread you out with it by going empty so you can’t stack the box as well, I’m curious to see how this plays out. I also want to see how WC does against a passing attack being that most of the teams they’ve played are run heavy.
I say all that to still say I’m leaning towards Crest.

Side note: Crest fans be thankful it’s not at West Charlotte because the announcer and those football moms are unbearable to listen to.

Last edited:
Crest hasn’t been playing well on offense last couple weeks. Defense has stepped up when needed. Gotta get back to clicking on offense with better passing and limited penalties negating big plays.

Reactions: NC Joker
Football is all about matchups especially in playoffs. I do not think the Chargers are a good matchup for WC. Crest offense must account for #4 and #20 on the WC defense in their front seven. I don’t think the WC offense can score enough to threaten Crest. I expect to see Crest load the box as it did against KM and dare WC to beat them with the pass. WC is a feisty group so Crest can’t give them confidence. Crest wins this setting up a big time game with Dudley.

Reactions: NC Joker
Football is all about matchups especially in playoffs. I do not think the Chargers are a good matchup for WC. Crest offense must account for #4 and #20 on the WC defense in their front seven. I don’t think the WC offense can score enough to threaten Crest. I expect to see Crest load the box as it did against KM and dare WC to beat them with the pass. WC is a feisty group so Crest can’t give them confidence. Crest wins this setting up a big time game with Dudley.
They can’t load the box like they did against KM. WC and KM are two different teams. WC is doing what KM should’ve done more of this year or what they did when they had success on Crest but went away from it. They had at least 2-3 wideouts in at all times last game to spread the defense out and went empty a lot with KD who we all know is an Athlete at QB. They’ve been throwing quick bubble routes to the WRs to keep the defense honest and to pick up yardage just to keep the chains moving. Also running jet sweets, QB keepers or rpo with it. It won’t work against a KM front 4 or Hough, etc teams with size or stout defensive lines for four quarters but there’s a good chance it may work on Crest. When they go empty Crest is only going to be able to have 5-6 in the box max because the safety playing over the top and of course the wrs being accounted for. That’s an easy 3-4 yard pickup with a QB keeper. If the Crest front 4 comes to play they win easily but if not it will be a long game.

Last edited:
They can’t load the box like they did against KM. WC and KM are two different teams. WC is doing what KM should’ve done more of this year or what they did when they had success on Crest but went away from it. They had at least 2-3 wideouts in at all times last game to spread the defense out and went empty a lot with KD who we all know is an Athlete at QB. They’ve been throwing quick bubble routes to the WRs to keep the defense honest and to pick up yardage just to keep the chains moving. Also running jet sweets, QB keepers or rpo with it. It won’t work against a KM front 4 or Hough, etc teams with size or stout defensive lines for four quarters but there’s a good chance it may work on Crest. When they go empty Crest is only going to be able to have 5-6 in the box max because the safety playing over the top and of course the wrs being accounted for. That’s an easy 3-4 yard pickup with a QB keeper. If the Crest front 4 comes to play they win easily but if not it will be a long game.
Good to know. I haven’t seen WC since the MC game. Sounds like WC made a good adjustment from just hoping to hit a big play every other play. I love KD. He is a gamer for sure. The strength of Crest’s D is their secondary. If those guys have to play honest than you can get some run yards on them. I am sure Chris and Sam are looking at a lot of film this weekend.

Well seeing how I have some unscheduled free time this upcoming Friday 🙄 I will try to make this game. Hopefully WC band makes the trip also.
Keep us updated with some game analysis. I don’t think I will be done working in time to make it.

Crest defense will have to continue to play like they have the past 3 weeks.. Tater gonna have to put this team on his shoulders this week and I expect more running from this Charger offense..

Bad game for the ponies last week, but mainly I’m afraid it’s because equal athletes are starting to show up. WC and Dudley will continue to show that trend.

Definitely see this being a close one or a complete blowout in the stable, little in between. Biggest question out I believe though - will Green get to play after a “disqualification”? His gravity on the field changes everything for the Chargers.

We know you aren't coming Chopper........ You don't have to lie to be our friend.

If I show up a hoodie that had Chopper on the front you all would be shocked speechless.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
After further thought gimme West Charlotte in a close game. WC Crest rivalry goes all the way back to the old Tri County conference. In that conference WC completely dominated Crest with Crest getting just one win to WC 7. WC has also dominated Crest in the playoffs historically. The last game between the two Crest was highly favored and many on this board and elsewhere predicted a Crest blowout at home, but all WC did was come to Sid Bryson and win by 2 tds on what date? Friday the 17th..........

-Coach Greiner is a back against the wall coach. WC was very complacent vs. Chambers and NM who were familiar foes. The team didn't match intensity in games they were supposed to win. Now comes a game they are heavy underdogs. WC will be ready. They have some great coaches on staff. Will be a great game and great environment. Looking forward to it.

All time series 12 to 3 WC the last 15.

I've heard everything from 100% he can play to 100% he can't and everything in between. It seems everyone is just guessing and have no idea, same as me.

Want have an answer until around noon..Kid put himself and team in bad situation..2nd unsportsmanlike was weird there was 5 Chargers standing in same spot and 1 player from Statesville
What happened in the situation? Was it an ejection or disqualification?

Think he has an auto one game penalty and must take class/pw to be reinstated.​

Football Player/Coach Protocol​

• Inappropriate language/profanity – Automatic ejection
    • Unsporting foul on the team bench – charged to the Head Coach
    • Immediate ejection
      • 1-game sanction
      • Completion of NFHS “Teaching and Modeling Behavior” course before returning to coaching duties
  • Assistant coaches contesting calls – Automatic Unsportsmanlike Penalty (15-yard)
    • Unsporting foul on the team bench – charged to the Head Coach
    • 1 of 2 unsporting fouls charged to the Head Coach
  • On 2nd offense, Head Coach is ejected
  • Any coach/player coming onto the playing field to contest a call
    • Automatic unsporting foul charged to coach/player
  • Any player displaying verbal or physical dissent to an official
    • Unsporting 15-yard penalty
    • 1 of 2 allowed for a game disqualification
  • Any physical or verbal display in a negative/demonstrative manner by a school administrator
    • Stop the game and warn
    • 2nd offense – Game suspended until administrator leaves the area

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT