ADVERTISEMENT

#10 Kings Mtn @ #7 AC Reynolds

This is one of the worst offenses I’ve ever seen for kings mountain. Not having a kicker will cost them the game. They’ve moved the ball all over the field and have no points.

Reynolds got a safety to go up 8-0 and kings mountain had so many penalties afterwards that they had to kick off from their own 10 yard line. Reynolds caught it on a hop and walked into the endzone. One of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen. But this is Reynolds football. Win it 75-68 or 2-0 lol

Congrats to Reynolds on the win. The KM defense played absolutely lights out. I am not sure if Reynolds had a 100yds of offense tonight. I am going to miss this group of seniors especially those who played defense. I’ve known many of them since they were kids. Those guys poured a lot into the program and the community. Great student athletes. Will be missed.

I’ll be curious to see how many penalty yards kings mountain had VS how many offensive yards Reynolds had. Imagine you DONT have 50 yards of offense and win by double digits

Reynolds just knows how to win. Some people still underestimate them even though they have multiple state titles.
In recent years I have personally watched Reynolds play sun valley 2 times, butler and now kings mountain in the playoffs. I swear to god I think Reynolds was NOT the better team in all four games and won all of them

Reactions: wncbowhunter
We all told you the KM offense was very bad but that defense was special. Congrats ACR.
I’m not kidding, I’ve never seen a single team do less on offense….. and they won!! I’m thinking in my head right now that I don’t think they had one play more than 15 yards and probably had 3 first downs without some form of penalties. Somebody has to get the statistics on this game. Kings mountain would move the ball here and there and get deep into Reynolds territory and continue to come away with nothing

I’m not kidding, I’ve never seen a single team do less on offense….. and they won!! I’m thinking in my head right now that I don’t think they had one play more than 15 yards and probably had 3 first downs without some form of penalties. Somebody has to get the statistics on this game. Kings mountain would move the ball here and there and get deep into Reynolds territory and continue to come away with nothing
Penalties killed our drives in the first half and terrible play calling

Lol I have never wanted to see statistics on a game more than this one.
I’m gonna guess kings mountain had 75 yards in penalties to go with their 3 turnovers.
I bet Reynolds had 65 offensive yards MAYBE.
Kings mountain qb probably 8 of 24?
I have never in all my life seen reynolds get so throughly dominated at the line of scrimmage in both sides of the ball in any game. And they won

Just win baby, this kind of game is why we play the West Forsyth, East Forsyth, Shelby, and Watauga’s of the world in non conference. Our non conference prepared us to win anyway necessary. Your offense isn’t always gonna be there, your defense can be there. Let’s not forget Max Guest second carry was a 12 yard touchdown run. Also our punter routinely flipped the field for us. Coach Laws emphasizes ALL 3 phases of the game and 2 of ours showed up tonight and we won. On to Hickory.

Coach Laws emphasizes ALL 3 phases of the game and 2 of ours showed up tonight and we won. On to Hickory.
At some point, the head coach has to pull a Denzel in Remember the Titans and say one more time and I'm taking over the offense or the o coordinator has to be like Coach Yoast and say I need help, they are kicking my tail.

Do you think the defense showed up for ACR or was it more bad offensive play calling for KM? I only saw one phase for ACR show up and it was the kicking game. KM won the offensive side in moving the ball and dominated the defensive side. I would be surprised if ACR had 75 yards total offense. Looked more like 50 yards. Someone has to post the official totals for this one.

KM actually has a kicker but continued to go for the knockout TD instead of points every time they was near the goal line if they wasn't backing themselves up. Could have been weather related.
KM actually has a very fast and shifty running QB that at some point has to go in with the season on the line and the run working.

Another shout out to the KM defense, they totally dominated ACR.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Word on the streets is KM Coach was ticked at Kicker cause he missed last two games for cross country meets on Saturdays.... He didnt punt either

Could be a rumor
Honestly, they didn't even need the kicker if they ran the ball. Throw 15 less passes in that game and run it.

At some point, the head coach has to pull a Denzel in Remember the Titans and say one more time and I'm taking over the offense or the o coordinator has to be like Coach Yoast and say I need help, they are kicking my tail.

Do you think the defense showed up for ACR or was it more bad offensive play calling for KM? I only saw one phase for ACR show up and it was the kicking game. KM won the offensive side in moving the ball and dominated the defensive side. I would be surprised if ACR had 75 yards total offense. Looked more like 50 yards. Someone has to post the official totals for this one.

KM actually has a kicker but continued to go for the knockout TD instead of points every time they was near the goal line if they wasn't backing themselves up. Could have been weather related.
KM actually has a very fast and shifty running QB that at some point has to go in with the season on the line and the run working.

Another shout out to the KM defense, they totally dominated ACR.

How can you say KM offense won their matchup with reynolds defense lol? How many times did they get inside the redzone? Reynolds defense made the biggest play in the game. While the KM defense played great they didn’t make a game changing play like ACR did with the big int and return

How can you say KM offense won their matchup with reynolds defense lol? How many times did they get inside the redzone? Reynolds defense made the biggest play in the game. While the KM defense played great they didn’t make a game changing play like ACR did with the big int and return
I say that because KM moved the ball.. the play calling is what killed KM. KM in the redzone at least 5 or 6 times and no points. Anyone that knows the game would say just run the ball and KM wins. I don't know if it is official, but someone said ACR had under 50 yards of total offense.

ACR defense / KM offense made the biggest play for sure. I was impressed that a team could win with so little offense but it happened. I used to say I’ve seen SP lose with 56 points but I’ve never seen any team lose with an opponent being shut out. It doesn’t matter that KM moved the ball between the 30s, they didn’t score. I can’t believe KM and the coaching staff puzzled the shat out of me with their willingness to throw. ACR was waiting on a 10-12 yard out or dig all night, when it came they took it and won the game right there. Also puzzling is the fellow saying they 10 yards off all night on the broadcast. I wish they had listen to the fellow and threw another potential pic 6. KM definitely didn’t upgrade from Lloyd IMO. Great win by ACR.

Kings mountain got inside the 20 multiple times.
Kings mountain had at least double Reynolds offensive yards and probably 4 times as many first down.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
ACR defense / KM offense made the biggest play for sure. I was impressed that a team could win with so little offense but it happened. I used to say I’ve seen SP lose with 56 points but I’ve never seen any team lose with an opponent being shut out. It doesn’t matter that KM moved the ball between the 30s, they didn’t score. I can’t believe KM and the coaching staff puzzled the shat out of me with their willingness to throw. ACR was waiting on a 10-12 yard out or dig all night, when it came they took it and won the game right there. Also puzzling is the fellow saying they 10 yards off all night on the broadcast. I wish they had listen to the fellow and threw another potential pic 6. KM definitely didn’t upgrade from Lloyd IMO. Great win by ACR.
Agreed. Moving the ball from one side of the field to the other means nothing without any points. Not taking anything away from ACR because a win is a win regardless how it comes. I actually had them(ACR)winning 10-7, but if anyone knew KM defense would totally dominate ACR like that, I would have chose KM in a heartbeat. The stick to your guns, no change, was going to do KM in, in a close game

Kings mountain got inside the 20 multiple times.
Kings mountain had at least double Reynolds offensive yards and probably 4 times as many first down.
Yes. Anyone that seen the game saw that. I really want to know if this 26 yards of offense for ACR is true.

Yeah we had zero offense, but our defense alone outscored Kings Mtn 2-0, our return team out scored them 7-0, offense isn’t the only phase of the game. POINTS! That is what determines the winner, no matter how they come, not yardage. I give KM all the credit in the world for their defense but at some point you have to score and we found a way they didn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT