ADVERTISEMENT

#10 Kings Mtn @ #7 AC Reynolds

Kings mountain had 259 yards offensively to Reynolds 23. That’s gotta be one of the craziest stats I have ever seen in a football game. A buddy of mine and I were looking at each other during the fourth quarter and said “if anybody can win a football game with 10 total yards, it’s Reynolds”. It seemed like at least half of their drives they went backwards.

Kings mountain likely had triple the penalty yardage that Reynolds did offensive yards. Couple that with 3-4 turnovers and that’s how you lose despite out gaining the other offense times 10

Yeah we had zero offense, but our defense alone outscored Kings Mtn 2-0, our return team out scored them 7-0, offense isn’t the only phase of the game. POINTS! That is what determines the winner, no matter how they come, not yardage. I give KM all the credit in the world for their defense but at some point you have to score and we found a way they didn’t.
No one is not saying that but look at these stats and tell me they are not unique for a win.

Everyone here knows it takes points but repeat this performance and 99 times out of 100 and you’ll take an L. You were fortunate as many championship teams have been in the past.

Reynolds 23yds offense
Kings Mtn 259 yd

Reynolds 12 yd TD run for score
Reynolds safety
Reynolds 14yd kick returned for TD

Yeah we had zero offense, but our defense alone outscored Kings Mtn 2-0, our return team out scored them 7-0, offense isn’t the only phase of the game. POINTS! That is what determines the winner, no matter how they come, not yardage. I give KM all the credit in the world for their defense but at some point you have to score and we found a way they didn’t.
Did I see where your running back got in the game?

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Did I see where your running back got in the game?
He was going to be limited to 5-6 carries (only got 3, and one was a fumbled pitch by QB). He was used as a decoy some in second half at WR, but he had 3 total touches and one was a 12 yard TD. Him at full strength our offense would have done more.

Reactions: SHS LION
No one is not saying that but look at these stats and tell me they are not unique for a win.

Everyone here knows it takes points but repeat this performance and 99 times out of 100 and you’ll take an L. You were fortunate as many championship teams have been in the past.

Reynolds 23yds offense
Kings Mtn 259 yd

Reynolds 12 yd TD run for score
Reynolds safety
Reynolds 14yd kick returned for TD
You are 100% correct it is very unique stats but I’d bet every player, coach, and fan of KM would gladly have given up 250 yards to us and shut us out. I will also say this, once we got the lead, with the weather they way it was we played close to the vest, and made sure we didn’t give KM anything easy. At halftime it was about ball security and making KM drive the ball down the field and no big plays. We went ultra conservative once we had the lead, that too is a credit to our coaches.

Reactions: beamer24
You are 100% correct it is very unique stats but I’d bet every player, coach, and fan of KM would gladly have given up 250 yards to us and shut us out. I will also say this, once we got the lead, with the weather they way it was we played close to the vest, and made sure we didn’t give KM anything easy. At halftime it was about ball security and making KM drive the ball down the field and no big plays. We went ultra conservative once we had the lead, that too is a credit to our

Congrats on the win but there was nothing that Reynolds offense was going to be able to do last night against the KM defense regardless of what you did. Your offense was overwhelmed no matter what you tried. Terrible offensive play calling and penalties is what did KM in. Your punter did a great job however.

that game was all about field position and mistakes. imo the delay of game in the 4th that pushed km from 4th and 19 to 4rth and 24 was the game . km got 20 yds the fake punt and acr got the ball. if i recall acr ran 3 plays and then punted down to the 5 and the rest is history

He beat the midgets tho.
I'm just jibber jabbering. But I do believe Greg scores
Yeah he scores. Period.

The mere fact that big money trotted that offense out there week after week is a joke.

Then the play calling while trotting it out there was worse.

Greg Lloyd would have lead KM to points. I truly believe that.

Yeah he scores. Period.

The mere fact that big money trotted that offense out there week after week is a joke.

Then the play calling while trotting it out there was worse.

Greg Lloyd would have lead KM to points. I truly believe that.
YOU could have led KM to points in this game. Go on YouTube and watch this game and tell me what you think smh…

Reactions: kingbluedevil
YOU could have led KM to points in this game. Go on YouTube and watch this game and tell me what you think smh…
I did watch it. It was a tad better than watching paint dry. But not much.

The play calling sucked. No imagination. The same crap over and over again.

But I could be wrong. I’m just a couch coach but I saw nothing that had changed since the Crest game.

The offense wasted that defense.

Last edited:
I did watch it. It was a tad better than watching paint dry. But not much.

The play calling sucked. No imagination. The same crap over and over again.

But I could be wrong. I’m just a couch coach but I saw nothing that had changed since the Crest game.

The offense wasted that defense.
I agree. It was the same thing from the first Jamboree to the last game of season. My thinking was there is no way that it can’t improve with reps as the season progressed but it got worse. I am not going to trash a kid like many adults are doing because it was coaches and in particular the OC that put him in that position. A good part of the KM fanbase have lost their minds. It’s ugly right now. I feel horrible for that kid and his family. Coach Herron was a great hire, Coach Carroll was a great DC hire but we didn’t get the OC we wanted. I do not think this OC realized how intense and competitive football is down this way. This ain’t the Cannon School or FV. You are right, we wasted this defense.

I agree. It was the same thing from the first Jamboree to the last game of season. My thinking was there is no way that it can’t improve with reps as the season progressed but it got worse. I am not going to trash a kid like many adults are doing because it was coaches and in particular the OC that put him in that position. A good part of the KM fanbase have lost their minds. It’s ugly right now. I feel horrible for that kid and his family. Coach Herron was a great hire, Coach Carroll was a great DC hire but we didn’t get the OC we wanted. I do not think this OC realized how intense and competitive football is down this way. This ain’t the Cannon School or FV. You are right, we wasted this defense.

You know fellas I used to think Crest fans were crazy! Well they are but they dont hold a candle to some of these KM fans...

Perusing the book of faces this morning I run across the Ray Charles picture .. Some of those comments and allegations were alarming.(since been deleted)... Man its a train wreck down there right now.... Im betting some "this year" coaches either demoted or gone next year, . When a Coach says "some coaches arent buying in" on the show then its about to go down and heads are gonna roll...I sure hope they have a show wednesday

Hope they get it figured out SD24 ...

Bolton will go for FV job so yall may get your wish....

You know fellas I used to think Crest fans were crazy! Well they are but they dont hold a candle to some of these KM fans...

Perusing the book of faces this morning I run across the Ray Charles picture .. Some of those comments and allegations were alarming.(since been deleted)... Man its a train wreck down there right now.... Im betting some "this year" coaches either demoted or gone next year, . When a Coach says "some coaches arent buying in" on the show then its about to go down and heads are gonna roll...I sure hope they have a show wednesday

Hope they get it figured out SD24 ...

Bolton will go for FV job so yall may get your wish....
I seen some of that stuff too. It’s embarrassing. Most of the worst of it is coming from a small group of player parents who are very vocal calling out kids. Sports moms can be wild lol.
I am pretty sure that we will get the coaching chemistry worked out. I do not want to say too much about that right now.

I seen some of that stuff too. It’s embarrassing. Most of the worst of it is coming from a small group of player parents who are very vocal calling out kids. Sports moms can be wild lol.
I am pretty sure that we will get the coaching chemistry worked out. I do not want to say too much about that right now.
1) I do not want to be the KM Coach.
2) Parents ruin and are continuing to ruin sports at the youth level.
3) Greg Lloyd was NOT the problem.

We stay in the instant gratification society. One of the reasons that Coach Roy Williams and other legendary coaches have sited about leaving the game is dealing with all the stuff away from the court/field with parents, handlers, etc. It’s a lot nowadays.

What y'all are saying is Crest and Shelby getting some transfers this off-season. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
The charger folks don’t waste time ! On the backup Post folks are mentioning one of the chargers fans was like “ the doors are open at the stable” didn’t even let the wounds heal good ! Ha ha ha ha

That was hilarious

I got an old Datsun B210 I can give one of them.
My very first vehicle was a Datsun B210. When I was in high school one of my best friends attended Burns. When I use to drive to Lawndale I had to build up some speed going down hill on 74 so I could make it up the hill on 74 in front of Shelby High School lol. I used to have to do the same in front of Ingles on 74 smh. Nothing like the B210 lol.

My very first vehicle was a Datsun B210. When I was in high school one of my best friends attended Burns. When I use to drive to Lawndale I had to build up some speed going down hill on 74 so I could make it up the hill on 74 in front of Shelby High School lol. I used to have to do the same in front of Ingles on 74 smh. Nothing like the B210 lol.
From the Navy to a B210. We have a lot in common for two dudes who’ve likely never met.

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT