ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville @ Lincolnton 1rd playoff game

TVILLEDAWG2370

Nov 25, 2012
Dont let the title of this tread fool you,this probably won't be much of a game,we're just a sacrificial lamb for Lincolnton,we're going to find out real quick how far we have fallen as a football program,and see what a championship contender looks like in Lincolnton.

Looking forward to conversation from @ocdavis31 and @Lincolnton since they were talking a few weeks ago about a possibly match-up!
Deana, my good friend Lincolnton will be very cordial and generous...and he'll mean it. That's his nature. But the unvarnished truth is that this won't be a contest. We're not very good, and our conference is weak, except for North Rowan. That's not sandbagging.
Lincolnton, the team, has two things to prove right off the bat. One, a little payback for the last time we played. And two, redemption for their recent and only loss.
I just hope that the team will be as gracious as the poster. I look forward to seeing the latter, but not the former.

Battle of the state's two best stadium hot dogs, in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure we won the last meeting, but you guys did run all over us the time before that. Hopefully our guys are fired up and ready to prove they belong in the discussion of state title contenders, because they looked like anything but that the last time they took the field.

I'll take the cushwa dog in a tight one,as far as the game...wolves in a landslide,thanks maiden for firing these guys up for us that's all we needed GEEZZ!!

I'll take the cushwa dog in a tight one,as far as the game...wolves in a landslide,thanks maiden for firing these guys up for us that's all we needed GEEZZ!!

If I was the Thomasville coaches I would just show the the Maiden and East Lincoln game films. It will show the that running to the left and up the middle can yield great success. Now, both those teams run out of the spread and have freakish athletes at quarterback.

Battle of the state's two best stadium hot dogs, in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure we won the last meeting, but you guys did run all over us the time before that. Hopefully our guys are fired up and ready to prove they belong in the discussion of state title contenders, because they looked like anything but that the last time they took the field.
You're absolutely right, LTown. My bad. I forgot about 2013. The year before was my son's senior year, and the last four years have been a blur. I was referring to 2012.

If I was the Thomasville coaches I would just show the the Maiden and East Lincoln game films. It will show the that running to the left and up the middle can yield great success. Now, both those teams run out of the spread and have freakish athletes at quarterback.
Smh....

OCDavis, my friend, you can count on it that anytime I discuss the great Thomasville program I will do it with the utmost respect.
Lincolnton lost to Kings Mountain 18-6, in 1964. I remember thinking how Pat Murphy was the best quarterback I'd ever seen and trying to imagine what a great team it would take to beat the Mountaineers but they would lose the next week to Hickory. Then Hickory would lose the next week to Thomasville. I asked my Father where Thomasville was and he said, "It's that way" and pointed towards Boger City.
In 1983, we beat Crest and went up to Buncombe County the next week and got drubbed by AC Reynolds. I thought, "nobody is going to handle Carey Metts and the Rockets, Notre Dame box", but the very next week Reynolds would go down to the Bulldogs, and I could tell of other reasons why my hat is off to T'ville. These things may not mean much to others but they do to me.
They may have had a couple of lean yeas but they're still Thomasville. We too, have experienced hard times but like us, they will bounce back.

OC, if you come down for the game and decide to have a pre-game meal, I would surely like to join you, and if you decide to go on to the game I hope you'll get in touch so II can walk over and say hello. It would be good to see you again. If you no longer have my phone number I'll post it on here.

Ah...the Cushwa Dog. The only stadium dog I ever found that could compete with a City Lunch Hotdog. I propose y'all bring down a few dozen or eight, and we meet for a Hot Dog playoff. I think about 4 or 5 of each would give me a sample size enough to determine a winner.

City Lunch ...65 years and counting. I went there for lunch Friday, but couldn't get inside, because of the crowd...so I went home. My loss...

Cushwa Dog brings lotsa game..but,

City Lunch Hotdog by 6.

As for the game...I expect the Wolves will be ready. Lincolnton 42-14. Plenty of wolf howls, Bell too if the band shows up this week.

This game could go either way. The Wolves should win, but we thought that about the last game, we played. If the Wolves can get past that, I think we should win, but we're talking about 15-18 year olds. With the athletes we have, we should be able to score, but can we stop Thomasville? We'll see Friday night. I just hope both teams have a good and safe game. Go Wolves!!!!

OCDavis, my friend, you can count on it that anytime I discuss the great Thomasville program I will do it with the utmost respect.
Lincolnton lost to Kings Mountain 18-6, in 1964. I remember thinking how Pat Murphy was the best quarterback I'd ever seen and trying to imagine what a great team it would take to beat the Mountaineers but they would lose the next week to Hickory. Then Hickory would lose the next week to Thomasville. I asked my Father where Thomasville was and he said, "It's that way" and pointed towards Boger City.
In 1983, we beat Crest and went up to Buncombe County the next week and got drubbed by AC Reynolds. I thought, "nobody is going to handle Carey Metts and the Rockets, Notre Dame box", but the very next week Reynolds would go down to the Bulldogs, and I could tell of other reasons why my hat is off to T'ville. These things may not mean much to others but they do to me.
They may have had a couple of lean yeas but they're still Thomasville. We too, have experienced hard times but like us, they will bounce back.

OC, if you come down for the game and decide to have a pre-game meal, I would surely like to join you, and if you decide to go on to the game I hope you'll get in touch so II can walk over and say hello. It would be good to see you again. If you no longer have my phone number I'll post it on here.
I'll call you, Lincolnton. I actually have multiple numbers for you, so if you could post the last two digits, I'll figure it out. Look forward to talking with you.

Ah...the Cushwa Dog. The only stadium dog I ever found that could compete with a City Lunch Hotdog. I propose y'all bring down a few dozen or eight, and we meet for a Hot Dog playoff. I think about 4 or 5 of each would give me a sample size enough to determine a winner.

City Lunch ...65 years and counting. I went there for lunch Friday, but couldn't get inside, because of the crowd...so I went home. My loss...

Cushwa Dog brings lotsa game..but,

City Lunch Hotdog by 6.

As for the game...I expect the Wolves will be ready. Lincolnton 42-14. Plenty of wolf howls, Bell too if the band shows up this week.
Always, I wouldn't quibble with you a bit about the game score. But the hot dog thing, now that's another matter! I wish we could bring you some samples, but I'm afraid the Cushwa grill is closed for the season. But if you can somehow find a way to silence the bells and that infernal howl, I might be able to pull some strings.

OC, the last two numbers are 78. You can call or text, either one. If that doesn't work, let me know.

I just finished watching the films on hudl....we in no way can underestimate this Thomasville team based on their record....they have a BIG qb #16(a lefty) that runs hard like Tucker from WC and two very good back #31 and #24....#31 being the workhorse and makes his presence known on defense as well...execution and fundamentally sound ball will be keys by getting every one involved in the offensive scheme not to focus on one and spread the ball around ...limit turnovers and play ball on defense by attacking 100% every play....GO WOLVES!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 23Wolf
Always, I wouldn't quibble with you a bit about the game score. But the hot dog thing, now that's another matter! I wish we could bring you some samples, but I'm afraid the Cushwa grill is closed for the season. But if you can somehow find a way to silence the bells and that infernal howl, I might be able to pull some strings.
Upon due reflection, no deal OC. I like a Cushwa Dog, but I love that howl. Hope I get tired of hearing it Friday night

Upon due reflection, no deal OC. I like a Cushwa Dog, but I love that howl. Hope I get tired of hearing it Friday night
I can almost guarantee you that I will! Best of luck to the Wolves. As much as I pull for the 'Dogs, I'm rooting for your team to win it all. Some class folks down your way.

I can almost guarantee you that I will! Best of luck to the Wolves. As much as I pull for the 'Dogs, I'm rooting for your team to win it all. Some class folks down your way.

ocdavis31, get Mr. Lincolnton to buy you a nice steak on the way into town. He tells me he's been working many hours to help keep our legal system up and running, but he needs to take some time off for football while he can. L-Town has a fine team, I've had the pleasure to see them twice, and the match up is interesting to me. Enjoy your trip over and I hope all is well.

Cheerduck, I'm off, Friday. Any chance you might be coming this way ? If so, I'll make good that cheeseburger I owe you.

Lincolnton doesn't like to hit on defense. Teams (Bandys, East Lincoln and Maiden in particular) really forced Lincolnton to hit them and as a result...a very bad Bandys team was able to hang around, East should have won and Maiden destroyed them. If you can run the ball against them, you have a shot...if you try and throw and play their style, well, you have no shot....Good luck to both teams

ocdavis31, get Mr. Lincolnton to buy you a nice steak on the way into town. He tells me he's been working many hours to help keep our legal system up and running, but he needs to take some time off for football while he can. L-Town has a fine team, I've had the pleasure to see them twice, and the match up is interesting to me. Enjoy your trip over and I hope all is well.
All is well here, Cheerduck, other than having to face off against the Wolves. Hope it is with you. Spoke with Mr. Lincolnton yesterday and it was great catching up.
I'm going to try to arrange a meal on Friday with Lincolnton's most esteemed poster. Hope you can join us if we pull it off.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I wanted to get on here and wish the Wolves the best of luck in the playoffs.

Thanks, SHS Lion. Good luck to Shelby, too. I work with several Shelby alumni and I think they're just hoping for someone in the 2A classification to give them a challenge.

I truly believe 2A football is going to be a lot tougher than 3A this year.There are so many great 2a teams in the playoffs.

Reactions: LTown Wolves
I saw the Lions play back in September.It's going to take a very strong offense to make a dent in that defense. I don't know if there's one in 2A, and if they could they'd have to have a strong defense to hold back the offense.

All is well here, Cheerduck, other than having to face off against the Wolves. Hope it is with you. Spoke with Mr. Lincolnton yesterday and it was great catching up.
I'm going to try to arrange a meal on Friday with Lincolnton's most esteemed poster. Hope you can join us if we pull it off.

That may be a possibility, if you or JD keep me posted.

I saw the Lions play back in September.It's going to take a very strong offense to make a dent in that defense. I don't know if there's one in 2A, and if they could they'd have to have a strong defense to hold back the offense.

The Wolves score an average of 47.4 per game and THS scores 22.1. Defensive stats are about the same at 22.0 and 20.45 per game. Advantage to LHS but this could be an interesting game with both teams being very athletic and physical.

I wouldn't call us physical by any means,but we are very very undisaplined that's for sure,it's a given we'll get at least 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties against us

Reactions: BigDawgFan16
Seen on the news about the air due to the fires. Think that will be an issue as far as postponement?

1-THS, right now, it's a little smokey and hazy and the smell is obvious. I think the worst day was Tuesday.
Yesterday it was pretty strong until late afternoon and then it cleared up nicely. I'm not bothered with allergies but when it' s smokey it seems to make the throat a little raw.
The fire is about twenty miles west of here. I work in uptown Lincolnton.There is a really good view of the South Mountains from the top floor. You can see the plumes of smoke from there, kind of looks surreal.It appeared to be worse, last week. Hopefully, the wind will shift, tomorrow. I don't think there would be any postponement.

Reactions: zukeridr
OC, Been hearing 7 from some and 7:30 too. I called the high school and they said 7:30. I wanted to see when the other school in this county that's hosting a playoff game and whose name I won't mention but rhymes with Beeeeast Lincolnnnnn, for goodness sake, and they too said 7:30. Hope you can make it down.Will send an update on the air quality, tomorrow. Right now, it isn't bad at all.

NCHSAA has issued a statement saying all games are as scheduled....7:30 start times unless a severe drastic change comes about before tomorrow night....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT