ADVERTISEMENT

The Official RPI Thread (post updates here)

You are right you all have won more in the last 7 years in the little league division or should I say the Smokey Mountain Division not up with the big boys. And ever since they did away with the little league division you all have cried and cried to go back to it. Don’t worry when reclassification is done you will have Smokey Mountain Division back. Lmao!!!
Would you expect Lenoir-Rhyne to have to compete with Georgia/Tennessee/Alabama to get to a National Championship? Your comparison is invalid. There is a reason why you’re in the 1aa, just like there is a reason we are in the 1a. I would even venture to say that the majority of the time the SMC team that has won the 1a State title would have also won the 1aa state title as well.

Would you expect Lenoir-Rhyne to have to compete with Georgia/Tennessee/Alabama to get to a National Championship? Your comparison is invalid. There is a reason why you’re in the 1aa, just like there is a reason we are in the 1a. I would even venture to say that the majority of the time the SMC team that has won the 1a State title would have also won the 1aa state title as well.
Keep dreaming wickedsticks….they say if you gonna dream then dream big. If that was the case you would have won some since they quit splitting them and would cry to go back to that. Lmao

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
You would have had to play teams like Wallace rose hill and tarboro year after year. Not just talking about the Bears or East Surry on a regular basis in the west. I am sure you all would have no problem with either of them. Yeah right

You would have had to play teams like Wallace rose hill and tarboro year after year. Not just talking about the Bears or East Surry on a regular basis in the west. I am sure you all would have no problem with either of them. Yeah right
joey bosa tech GIF

• Haha
Reactions: sbbbfan and NCBBFB
So let me get this straight..our titles don’t mean anything because we didn’t play much bigger schools? Makes sense lol! You’re a freaking idiot…Guess we should schedule MC, Hough, Grimsley, Reidsville, and Crest for our non conference slate next year as well!

So let me get this straight..our titles don’t mean anything because we didn’t play much bigger schools? Makes sense lol! You’re a freaking idiot…Guess we should schedule MC, Hough, Grimsley, Reidsville, and Crest for our non conference slate next year as well!
Wow you mountain boys sure are touchy lol….don’t worry that beat down coming real soon. Buckle up

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Nobody is worried.
At least I can watch all five rds 2 miles away or just around the corner to Swain.

Reactions: thekidd12
Here's another concern of mine about the RPI.
It updated any this morning at 8:20am.
Are we going have to wait until Tuesday to find out who we play week 1 playoffs?
How did it work out the last two years?

The board leader has spoken so get your comments in line because he will get that one bullet out and use it against all who he does not agree with or sees on opening to get all the attention he needs to be noticed. He really is a Barney Fifth, see he just keeps saying the same thing over and over again. lol
Kidding with you BUZZ, keep the buzzsaw going !

Here's another concern of mine about the RPI.
It updated any this morning at 8:20am.
Are we going have to wait until Tuesday to find out who we play week 1 playoffs?
How did it work out the last two years?

It just depends on when schools/conference admins submit the game results. During the year they probably have different requirements, but once the regular season is over, they have to submit the results immediately. I believe they have the brackets out the weekend after the season is over. I don't remember if it is on Saturday or Sunday. If I had to guess, I would say Sunday so they have time to review everything Saturday and make changes if need be.

You have to think that entering a single game will change a large number of teams RPI. It would change the two that played (team A & B), all the teams that have played teams A & B, as well as all the teams that played those teams.

From the handbook.
4.1.13 Reporting Playoff Qualifiers - Schools must submit their completed and accurate schedule and results into the designated reporting platform to be considered for playoff qualification for the sports of Baseball, Basketball, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Dual Team Tennis, Volleyball. Conference administrators must use this information to submit the final order of finish to the NCHSAA. (a) For reporting potential qualifiers to state playoffs, conference administrators are required to submit the appropriate information online immediately upon conclusion of the regular season. (b) Failure to comply with the reporting procedure may result in a penalty. (c) Upon conclusion of the regular season and prior to the reporting deadline, the conference administrator will immediately submit the final conference standings of all teams. The records that are listed on the brackets when playoff qualifiers are posted by the NCHSAA will represent the overall record of each team. NOTE: If a team qualifies for a playoff berth but is ineligible for further competition for any reason its position is vacated. (d) Check the NCHSAA website for additional informationa

The board leader has spoken so get your comments in line because he will get that one bullet out and use it against all who he does not agree with or sees on opening to get all the attention he needs to be noticed. He really is a Barney Fifth, see he just keeps saying the same thing over and over again. lol
Kidding with you BUZZ, keep the buzzsaw going !
clint eastwood kids GIF

Don't worry guys these are the same group of guys that cried 2 years ago when little ole Mitchell beat them and complained how the reffs stole the game away from them but when they win it everyone else the babies. Dont forget the first time they merged the classes a SMC team was in the the regional finals.

Don't worry guys these are the same group of guys that cried 2 years ago when little ole Mitchell beat them and complained how the reffs stole the game away from them but when they win it everyone else the babies. Dont forget the first time they merged the classes a SMC team was in the the regional finals.
blah blah blah whatever GIF

I think we are now looking at at 8 conference champ seeds in 1A west. At this point, there are 7 for sure, with two TBD:

Bessemer City-if they beat Cherryville (fairly likely), they will earn a champion seed.

Polk County-if they beat Brevard (not likely), they would earn a champion seed.

Here’s a guess on top 16 seeds, based on current RPI:
1. Rville/Swain winner
2. MA
3. ER
4. NR
5. Draughn/MH winner
6. Bishop
7. S. Stanly or Albemarle
8. Bess City
9. Rville/Swain loser
10. Murphy
11. Starmount
12. Tville
13. Draughn/MH loser
14. Mitchell
15. Hayesville
16. MICS

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Go to far west north Carolina sports on face book the put one out last week. It's close to yours.
Did Polk lose last night?

I think we are now looking at at 8 conference champ seeds in 1A west. At this point, there are 7 for sure, with two TBD:

Bessemer City-if they beat Cherryville (fairly likely), they will earn a champion seed.

Polk County-if they beat Brevard (not likely), they would earn a champion seed.

Here’s a guess on top 16 seeds, based on current RPI:
1. Rville/Swain winner
2. MA
3. ER
4. NR
5. Draughn/MH winner
6. Bishop
7. S. Stanly or Albemarle
8. Bess City
9. Rville/Swain loser
10. Murphy
11. Starmount
12. Tville
13. Draughn/MH loser
14. Mitchell
15. Hayesville
16. MICS
Tville is above Starmount. Not sure if it is an oversight or RPI's changed again. I took Rville and Draughn as conference champs. So if playoffs started TODAY this is what I believe it will look like.

1​
Robbinsville
32​
Rosman
16​
Mountain Island Charter
17​
Alleghany
9​
Swain County
24​
Polk County
8​
Bessemer City
25​
Avery County
4​
North Rowan
29​
Carver
13​
Mountain Heritage
20​
Cherokee
12​
Starmount
21​
Andrews
5​
Draughn
28​
Cherryville
2​
Mount Airy
31​
Winston-Salem Prep
15​
Mitchell
18​
East Wilkes
10​
Murphy
23​
Albemarle
7​
South Stanly
26​
South Stokes
3​
Eastern Randolph
30​
Elkin
14​
Hayesville
19​
Corvian Community
11​
Thomasville
22​
Christ the King
6​
Bishop McGuinness
27​
South Davidson

Tville is above Starmount. Not sure if it is an oversight or RPI's changed again. I took Rville and Draughn as conference champs. So if playoffs started TODAY this is what I believe it will look like.

1​
Robbinsville
32​
Rosman
16​
Mountain Island Charter
17​
Alleghany
9​
Swain County
24​
Polk County
8​
Bessemer City
25​
Avery County
4​
North Rowan
29​
Carver
13​
Mountain Heritage
20​
Cherokee
12​
Starmount
21​
Andrews
5​
Draughn
28​
Cherryville
2​
Mount Airy
31​
Winston-Salem Prep
15​
Mitchell
18​
East Wilkes
10​
Murphy
23​
Albemarle
7​
South Stanly
26​
South Stokes
3​
Eastern Randolph
30​
Elkin
14​
Hayesville
19​
Corvian Community
11​
Thomasville
22​
Christ the King
6​
Bishop McGuinness
27​
South Davidson
Yep, RPI has changed since my earlier post. I think Mitchell and Hayesville have also flip-flopped since my post.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Just how will this play out after Friday nights games? Playoff games would be posted by Monday if we are lucky? Anyone have a clue on this matter?

I've posted it before from the handbook but basically, teams have to submit their results to the conference admin/state immediately after the game on Friday. During the season, they may send in the results but I would think that not many people are updating/working Friday night, Saturday, etc. However, with playoff brackets having to be made, this weekend would be different.

From the handbook.
4.1.13 Reporting Playoff Qualifiers - Schools must submit their completed and accurate schedule and results into the designated reporting platform to be considered for playoff qualification for the sports of Baseball, Basketball, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Dual Team Tennis, Volleyball. Conference administrators must use this information to submit the final order of finish to the NCHSAA. (a) For reporting potential qualifiers to state playoffs, conference administrators are required to submit the appropriate information online immediately upon conclusion of the regular season. (b) Failure to comply with the reporting procedure may result in a penalty. (c) Upon conclusion of the regular season and prior to the reporting deadline, the conference administrator will immediately submit the final conference standings of all teams. The records that are listed on the brackets when playoff qualifiers are posted by the NCHSAA will represent the overall record of each team. NOTE: If a team qualifies for a playoff berth but is ineligible for further competition for any reason its position is vacated. (d) Check the NCHSAA website for additional informationa
Here is from the handbook.

Last edited:
In the past, they’ve posted “preliminary” brackets by noon on Saturday, and the brackets are final by late afternoon/early evening. I don’t recall seeing things change between preliminary and final, but that’s the opportunity to find/correct any errors.

1​
Robbinsville
32​
Rosman
16​
Mountain Island Charter
17​
Alleghany
9​
Swain County
24​
Polk County
8​
Bessemer City
25​
Avery County
4​
North Rowan
29​
Carver
13​
Mountain Heritage
20​
Cherokee
12​
Starmount
21​
Andrews
5​
Draughn
28​
Cherryville
2​
Mount Airy
31​
Winston-Salem Prep
15​
Mitchell
18​
East Wilkes
10​
Murphy
23​
Albemarle
7​
South Stanly
26​
South Stokes
3​
Eastern Randolph
30​
Elkin
14​
Hayesville
19​
Corvian Community
11​
Thomasville
22​
Christ the King
6​
Bishop McGuinness
27​
South Davidson
So I take it that like your picking Draughn & Robbinsville to win you're also picking Randleman over ER.

So I take it that like your picking Draughn & Robbinsville to win you're also picking Randleman over ER.

For the brackets sake, I am taking Draughn and Robbinsville to win. Based on reading through the forums that seems to be the most popular picks. As far as ER, they'll get seeded with the champions regardless of beating/losing to Randleman, as they meet the criteria and are top placed 1A team in that conference. I did not try to figure out who would win this Friday on all the games and update the RPIs accordingly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT