ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

a governor with a solid plan HAHAHA. You are the first person I know that has said that. I know plenty of administrators & Trump hating people, who wouldn’t even say that. Cooper is a flat out joke.
I’ll be the second. There’s a solid plan that mirrors what many other governors of both parties are doing. And if you choose not to believe Dr. Cohen because you think her decisions are political, try Dr. Fauci. He’s the President’s guy. Last I checked that was for the other side of the aisle.
There is no obstacle getting product from China, tariffs and all. I’ll leave the speculating on how the virus originated to others. That discussion is mostly political. But this conspiracy theory that either political party benefits from a worldwide pandemic is hogwash. The only way a politician benefits is if the other guy really screws it up.
What I hope is that elected officials continue listening to the health professionals and do the right thing, political consequences be damned. That’s how you get politics out of this crisis.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Why are we past What If’s? You argue your points all through this thread and if anyone says anything contrary to the narrative your buying into you shut it down quick or evade the question or opinions of others. I gave you facts based on science from reputable doctors and bipartisan leaders in our medical field and this is the best response you have to a simple question of what if? Folks in our nation have lost the inability to think for themselves and your response is typical of that. As stated earlier, this virus is bad for certain populations that are at high risk. If you had taken the time to read the articles that I referenced, you would have a more open minded response than the one you gave. This is the problem in our Nation right now. Instead of folks having intelligent, open and honest dialect they shut down and won’t waver from their little world of comfort and realize they may be wrong and the folks they trust and follow may not be as upstanding and as honest with them as they think. So many Americans have become so committed to a narrative or cause for this side or that side that they have lost the inability to reason and think for themselves. I pray for everyone’s safety with this virus and choose to live in my own reality, not someone else’s.

It's obvious there is no agenda. That's why we are past what if. I'll entertain anything science related about this including what experts say, but I refuse to entertain conspiracy theories.

It's obvious there is no agenda. That's why we are past what if. I'll entertain anything science related about this including what experts say, but I refuse to entertain conspiracy theories.
No conspiracy theory has been mentioned by me. How do you come to that conclusion? I have spoke about nothing but science and facts from bipartisan doctors and scientist. If you’ll entertain facts and science then read the two articles I mentioned earlier that was done by the leader in medicine and children safety and one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation in terms of medicine and research.

No conspiracy theory has been mentioned by me. How do you come to that conclusion? I have spoke about nothing but science and facts from bipartisan doctors and scientist. If you’ll entertain facts and science then read the two articles I mentioned earlier that was done by the leader in medicine and children safety and one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation in terms of medicine and research.

When you said what if it's an agenda.

Now with that said, I did read both articles. I don't disagree with either. While we have to do what's best for the kids we also have to look at what's best for all parties.

What happens if kids go back, one kid test positive? They will make the whole class quarantine more than likely. What if this happens everytime the class comes back? What if teachers keep getting quarantined?

What about the consequences of not going to school? Society is going to lose either way here. There will be issues down the road with suicides, drugs, alcohol, over doses, physical and metal abuse, etc. There is a lot of youth that desperately need guidance from teachers and coaches. There is no winning either way here.

What about the consequences of not going to school? Society is going to lose either way here. There will be issues down the road with suicides, drugs, alcohol, over doses, physical and metal abuse, etc. There is a lot of youth that desperately need guidance from teachers and coaches. There is no winning either way here.

You're right. Sadly it's a lose lose. We have to find a way to identity and help those in need during this time.

The Governor just announced that he will have an announcement next week on schools. If they are to open or not most systems will have 30 days or less to prepare. Seems 8/17 is date for most openings.

On May 9th, there were 201 North Carolinians hospialized with the virus.
On June 9th, it was 542.
Today, July 9th, there are 1034, a high so far.

Note the dramatic increases from month to month. And no, these aren’t people hospitalized for political gain or to enhance the hospital’s bottom line. They’re real and so is the virus.

On June 9th, it was 542.

Note the dramatic increases from month to month. And no, these aren’t people hospitalized for political gain or to enhance the hospital’s bottom line. They’re real and so is the virus.
But the death rate is now at an all time low..From a high of 60 per day ,now down to 3. CDC states that if national death rate drops another 2/100ths (.02) of a percent, this is no longer labeled as a pandemic. According to national news today, your chance of being shot are greater than dying with covid.

The Governor just announced that he will have an announcement next week on schools. If they are to open or not most systems will have 30 days or less to prepare. Seems 8/17 is date for most openings.
I also heard something said about legislation that says the kids have to go to class the first five days. If that's true, why would we not attempt a normal start since they will already be on campus?

Reactions: Gentle Knight
But the death rate is now at an all time low..From a high of 60 per day ,now down to 3. CDC states that if national death rate drops another 2/100ths (.02) of a percent, this is no longer labeled as a pandemic. According to national news today, your chance of being shot are greater than dying with covid.
Not sure where those numbers derive. Health experts look at 14 day blocks due to the time frame that symptoms bloom into full blown illness.
Over the last 14 days, the average daily death rate in North Carolina is 12.2 deaths per day (171 in that period). The last three days have seen 63 deaths, an average of 21 per day.
Even that doesn’t take into account the ravages, long term health effects and the financial burden on those hospitalized that eventually recover.
The highest year for gun deaths in forty years was in 2017. Less than 40,000, over half of which were suicides. So still a serious problem. But over 135,000 US deaths so far this year from COVID, in less than six months.
Hardly a valid comparison, though both are very troubling.

Last edited:
I also heard something said about legislation that says the kids have to go to class the first five days. If that's true, why would we not attempt a normal start since they will already be on campus?

The 5 day thing is Phil Berger being a worthless jack as always. The house passed a bipartisan motion yesterday to allow the first 5 days to be virtual if needed. Berger wouldn't take it up in the senate.

Reactions: ocdavis31
Berger isn't smart. Berger is a pos. I don't expect anyone that doesn't keep up with what goes on in Raleigh to understand.

Literally he is going to create a state constitutional crisis. You know what's going to happen? Parents are going to home school their kids. That is going to give Berger the about to push for budget cuts and mass layoffs. Then those parents are going to send their kids back to school and it's going to be a disaster. Then boom there goes the schools we love and the sports we love.

Not sure where those numbers derive. Health experts look at 14 day blocks due to the time frame that symptoms bloom into full blown illness.
Over the last 14 days, the average daily death rate in North Carolina is 12.2 deaths per day (171 in that period). The last three days have seen 63 deaths, an average of 21 per day.
Even that doesn’t take into account the ravages, long term health effects and the financial burden on those hospitalized that eventually recover.
The highest year for gun deaths in forty years was in 2017. Less than 40,000, over half of which were suicides. So still a serious problem. But over 135,000 US deaths so far this year from COVID, in less than six months.
Hardly a valid comparison, though both are very troubling.
It was also announced today that if someone is on hospice with say,terminal cancer, and that patient comes down with covid from their nurse or a visitor
then that patients cause of death is listed as covid ..This is the biggest hoax in American History .My opinion and I'm sticking to it. Its a new virus, just like bird flue,pig flu,etc..Flu, type a type b, H1N1, pneumonia, whooping cough have all killed hundreds of thousands this year.
I have friends whom have tested positive. All 3 had a runny nose..that was it.We have to move on. NOW

Boy I'll be glad when all this mess is over so we can get back to talking smack about football and leave the politics crap off of here.

It was also announced today that if someone is on hospice with say,terminal cancer, and that patient comes down with covid from their nurse or a visitor
then that patients cause of death is listed as covid ..This is the biggest hoax in American History .My opinion and I'm sticking to it. Its a new virus, just like bird flue,pig flu,etc..Flu, type a type b, H1N1, pneumonia, whooping cough have all killed hundreds of thousands this year.
I have friends whom have tested positive. All 3 had a runny nose..that was it.We have to move on. NOW

they’re doing it because they get money per COVID-19 death

That's because those people would not have died when they did had they not of contracted Covid! Unless you've laid and watched someone on their death bed with this junk, then you have no clue. Because Graham County hasn't had an issue with it yet doesn't give you the right to be a heartless jerk about things! Freaking stop!

A law passed earlier this year mandates that the first five days would be in person. Berger refused to consider more recent legislation that would give individual districts flexibility, especially if they have spikes in cases. So much for that Republican principle of local contol.
Whether that is etched in stone depends on whether the Governor or any individual school district goes to court.
I work a lot with the legislature and, just like in Congress, one or two people in each chamber control everything and wield way too much power. True when Democrats were in power and true today. When you ask the current leadership, the answer is always “but what about” and they cite some Democratic abuse of power from 1990. They never acknowledge that it’s wrong regardless of who is in power. Midnight meeting with no notice to the opposing party, budgets passed that the other party wasn’t even given a chance to read before the vote. On and on. And Berger is one of the worst for political gamesmanship. He’s exactly what that drain the swamp thing is supposed to do away with.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
A law passed earlier this year mandates that the first five days would be in person. Berger refused to consider more recent legislation that would give individual districts flexibility, especially if they have spikes in cases. So much for that Republican principle of local contol.
Whether that is etched in stone depends on whether the Governor or any individual school district goes to court.
I work a lot with the legislature and, just like in Congress, one or two people in each chamber control everything and wield way too much power. True when Democrats were in power and true today. When you ask the current leadership, the answer is always “but what about” and they cite some Democratic abuse of power from 1990. They never acknowledge that it’s wrong regardless of who is in power. Midnight meeting with no notice to the opposing party, budgets passed that the other party wasn’t even given a chance to read before the vote. On and on. And Berger is one of the worst for political gamesmanship. He’s exactly what that drain the swamp thing is supposed to do away with.

Say every bit of that louder please! Glad someone gets it.

That's because those people would not have died when they did had they not of contracted Covid! Unless you've laid and watched someone on their death bed with this junk, then you have no clue. Because Graham County hasn't had an issue with it yet doesn't give you the right to be a heartless jerk about things! Freaking stop!
I don't live in Graham County..I have watched plenty die there cupcake.. Die from heart attacks, strokes,car wrecks,cancer, gun shots,falls from buildings, being hit in the head with a baseball bat and many more..Cry me a freaking river

I don't live in Graham County..I have watched plenty die there cupcake.. Die from heart attacks, strokes,car wrecks,cancer, gun shots,falls from buildings, being hit in the head with a baseball bat and many more..Cry me a freaking river

Go put your tinfoil hat on and cut Fox News on. I'll pray that you don't lose anyone to this hoax.

In the meantime, you'll survive one year without football.

We have people dying from this. I've had people die close to me from this. We have over 1000 people hospitalized. When have you ever heard of the flu being an issue in the summer? We have a serious issue here and people are totally missing the point because they can't look past the crap their favorite polticians say. Listen to public health experts! Not Trump. Not Pence. Not Berger!

Sadly there are posters on this board that are more concerned with whether or not they get to sit in the stands and watch football this fall than the health of the ones involved.

On June 9th, it was 542.

Population of North Carolina is TEN AND HALF MILLION PEOPLE.....Just saying.....................................

The fact is, a lot of people have died of other causes and it was listed as Covid-19 ! Hospitals get paid more for COVID-19 deaths..... Their families have told this on the news. Died of heart attacks, strokes, and other causes that had no fever. You have a fever with Covid-19. As I have said, it is political and they are scaring the hell out of us because it is an election coming up.I am not saying people are not dying of COVID-19 but not by the numbers being put out there. Many died of the regular flu and it was recorded as COVID-19. Flu deaths have not even been mentioned in the last 9 or 10 months, all COVID-19. This will all come out a few years from now when the Fake News has a dead time and have to dig up something to report on and hospitals will get the blame, not the true people behind it but they share the blame, as both are greedy POSs

Several people have died of heart attacks due to Covid. Especially older people. It thickens the heck out of your blood. Not everyone that gets it runs a fever either. A friend of mine that had it never ran a fever once, but could barely muster up the energy to get off the couch for 5 days, and when he did, he didn't have enough breath to walk 30 feet to the restroom. It manafest itself different in people.

The best thing to do is cut off the tv and keep tabs on the NCDHHS site and scholarly articles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT