ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

Looks like Alabama is set to start on time as well. TN is delayed but have already released 4 options for finishing season on time if not delayed again.

Reactions: Mhsneer
As I said in another post, watch what happens with the colleges. How they fare will determine whether we have HS football.

I'm afraid this is going to blow up in the face of states. What happens when a kid or coach test positive and everyone exposed has to quarantine? If you look at certain states, their governors have shown a true lack of common sense and it's biting some of them hard right now.

Reactions: Illuminati704
Pretty much Que said no decision will be made until they know what school looks like. It will be extremely hard to have sports until kids are in the building. The state is looking at innovative ways to get sports in.

I know that no one wants to here this but we have to go to option C imo to start. First for the safety of all. If we don't, parents will pull their kids out to homeschool which will strip schools of hundreds of thousands of dollars and result in mass layoffs. Those parents will eventually send their kids back to schools with no money and over crowded classrooms.

Trust me when I tell you that this is what the people pushing for privatization want. We need to think big picture here.

I would say the fact people are more visibly upset about the possibility of no high school football and not the complex issue of kids potentially losing education piece is appalling, but it’s not.

WSFCS discussed a new plan last night. Below is the jest of it.

From the WS Journal:

Under the new plan, students from kindergarten through sixth grade, as well as English learners, special needs children and others in self-contained classrooms would attend school daily.

Hairston said this plan will help parents who would have to choose between employment and leaving their children unattended.

Students in seventh through ninth grades would be divided into two groups, with one group going to school on Mondays and Tuesdays and the second group going to school on Thursdays and Fridays. When not learning in person, those students would have remote instruction. Wednesdays would be a remote learning day for all students and give teachers time to plan those lessons.

Those classes would be taught in high schools, which have more classroom space. The system had been considering alternating weeks for those students.

“We felt this would enable us to place eyes on children every single week,” Hairston said.

Students in 10th through 12th grades would have virtual school every day except Wednesday, which would be set aside for personal meetings or tutoring sessions.

Reactions: therealsquid
How much money will be lost if we dont open up and alot of kids go to different states?

How much money will be lost if we dont open up and alot of kids go to different states?

There is going to be lots of money lost regardless. What do you consider “a lot of kids”? Some kids will cross state lines, but the majority of families will not have the option to do that with their kids.

So how does this plan impact high school sports in Forsyth??
Nothing was addressed about sports. I would hope that if schools are being used for schooling that the HS kids could play sports.

Last edited:
Que touched on that in her press conference this morning. She has been in touch with adjoining states and NCIHSA. Said if people relocated there wasn’t anything she could do.

Go back to school and play ball !!!! sports won't effect the virus situation at all. The death rate today is 0.004
By death rate, are you comparing deaths to state population, or the death rate to positive cases? The latter is what matters. Though still not high, it’s about two percent. So for every fifty people who contract it, one dies. That doesn’t measure the people who are hospitalized with long lingering damage and/or huge hospital bills.

We dont know how many have been affected. If you knew the real number the death rate would be less than 1% easily.

The Ivy League cancelled fall sports.

Meanwhile, I'm sorry but some of you are seriously more worried about a football season than the health and well being of students, educators, and coaches. I hate to break your hearts but our governor will listen to what experts say and will not be bullied into making a reckless or bad decision.

Reactions: ocdavis31
Just for grins and giggles Thunder, what if our governor and his experts have a alternate agenda. Not saying they do, but what if the info that we are being fed is skewed? Anyone who has ever gathered info and put together a presentation with charts or matrixes, knows that info and data can be skewed purposely to reflect a desired outcome. Not trying to start a argument but just asking What If? I suggest folks read the latest study put out by the American Academy of Pediatricians and the latest study related to the findings regarding the number of folks with antibodies by Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. Both of these organizations are bipartisan and have no ties to one political side or another. Is this virus bad for certain populations? Yes, but I am a person who instead of believing everything a media outlet or a politician or a scientist that is affiliated with a political party says, I research it myself from reputable scientist and doctors that have no reason to pander to a particular cause other than telling the truth. I believe that this virus has been here since last fall and millions of folks in NC have already had it. So my simple question again is, What If?

Just for grins and giggles Thunder, what if our governor and his experts have a alternate agenda. Not saying they do, but what if the info that we are being fed is skewed? Anyone who has ever gathered info and put together a presentation with charts or matrixes, knows that info and data can be skewed purposely to reflect a desired outcome. Not trying to start a argument but just asking What If? I suggest folks read the latest study put out by the American Academy of Pediatricians and the latest study related to the findings regarding the number of folks with antibodies by Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. Both of these organizations are bipartisan and have no ties to one political side or another. Is this virus bad for certain populations? Yes, but I am a person who instead of believing everything a media outlet or a politician or a scientist that is affiliated with a political party says, I research it myself from reputable scientist and doctors that have no reason to pander to a particular cause other than telling the truth. I believe that this virus has been here since last fall and millions of folks in NC have already had it. So my simple question again is, What If?
What he said..............this is mostly political.............................

We are past what if. The top pediatrician in DC came out today and said states shouldn't open schools of they don't feel safe.

would bet any amount that a lot of those deaths are NOT Wuhan virus deaths...........people die from disease every year and we never go into a full melt down...........this was planned....

A worldwide pandemic was planned. Yeah, ok. Go put your tinfoil hat on and cut fox news on so we can get back on task here.

It won't. This is a worldwide issue.
I meant the politics of it would go away. I see both sides on returning to school but just how long can we keep these kids from a real education.?
They need to take the politics out of it and work together on a solution. This is America and we can do great things when both parties work for the same goal !

I meant the politics of it would go away. I see both sides on returning to school but just how long can we keep these kids from a real education.?
They need to take the politics out of it and work together on a solution. This is America and we can do great things when both parties work for the same goal !

Sadly it won't no matter who wins. I don't disagree with you about anything else though. We have to do what's best for all parties involved. We have a governor with a solid plan and then a wannabe govenor with no plan trying to create a wedge.

And fyi, it's Covid-19. Stop being hateful.
Agreed and it scares the hell out of me working 4-4 hour days and will be 70 in 5 months and I am around people all the 4 hours I have to work to get by with my early retirement. I hope no one makes the mistake of taking the early retirement because It is played up to be great but if you get health problems you are screwed. I made the mistake of taking early retirement at 62 and 3 years later my diabetes started taking its toll. I got it in 2001 and controlled it until 2015 and now it controls me. If I get it, I pray to God I can survive it. Sorry if you thought I was being hateful as I highly respect you and agree with most of what you say. But none of us agree on everything but can still respect each other. Have a good night and may God bless you !.

Sadly it won't no matter who wins. I don't disagree with you about anything else though. We have to do what's best for all parties involved. We have a governor with a solid plan and then a wannabe govenor with no plan trying to create a wedge.

a governor with a solid plan HAHAHA. You are the first person I know that has said that. I know plenty of administrators & Trump hating people, who wouldn’t even say that. Cooper is a flat out joke.

We are past what if. The top pediatrician in DC came out today and said states shouldn't open schools of they don't feel safe.

Why are we past What If’s? You argue your points all through this thread and if anyone says anything contrary to the narrative your buying into you shut it down quick or evade the question or opinions of others. I gave you facts based on science from reputable doctors and bipartisan leaders in our medical field and this is the best response you have to a simple question of what if? Folks in our nation have lost the inability to think for themselves and your response is typical of that. As stated earlier, this virus is bad for certain populations that are at high risk. If you had taken the time to read the articles that I referenced, you would have a more open minded response than the one you gave. This is the problem in our Nation right now. Instead of folks having intelligent, open and honest dialect they shut down and won’t waver from their little world of comfort and realize they may be wrong and the folks they trust and follow may not be as upstanding and as honest with them as they think. So many Americans have become so committed to a narrative or cause for this side or that side that they have lost the inability to reason and think for themselves. I pray for everyone’s safety with this virus and choose to live in my own reality, not someone else’s.

Reactions: therealsquid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT