ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

I think it’s no worse than the bird or swine flu we’re when they first hit the scene

Reactions: UNC91
Td fridaynight.
I think wearing masks protects others not so much the person wearing it.
You are correct and that is why I wear mine and think all should to prevent the spread. If I get it they say it can take from several days to 14 days to get you down and that is why I wear mine and keep a 6-foot distance. I am seeing more wearing them in the last few weeks.

Virus is now spreading in younger folks. They are not the ones that die or are hospitalized. So they are not socially distancing or wearing masks. But they may keep us from having a football season. More importantly many students stopped doing academic assignments last quarter of year. If schools are online again, many of our students who need teachers in the classroom will suffer badly!

One of the issues with the virus spreading in kids is the risk of them taking home to older parents and grandparents.

Online learning was a joke. Mainly because the state didn't hold kids accountable but it was hard considering the situation. There will be accountability if learning is online in the fall. The state legislature is missing a golden opportunity to provide broadband access to rural areas but instead they'd rather but a router on a bus and require parents to drive kids to sit in a parking lot somewhere to do their school work.

One of the issues with the virus spreading in kids is the risk of them taking home to older parents and grandparents.

Online learning was a joke. Mainly because the state didn't hold kids accountable but it was hard considering the situation. There will be accountability if learning is online in the fall. The state legislature is missing a golden opportunity to provide broadband access to rural areas but instead they'd rather but a router on a bus and require parents to drive kids to sit in a parking lot somewhere to do their school work.
16,000 parents in WSFCS answered survey about online learning. 28% used a mobile phone to try and do class work. Also, revealed 5,000 plus out of 55,000 never logged in at all.

Reactions: UNC91
16,000 parents in WSFCS answered survey about online learning. 28% used a mobile phone to try and do class work. Also, revealed 5,000 plus out of 55,000 never logged in at all.

I remember seeing that. I have friends that teach and they each had probably 25% of their kids that did not complete any assignments.

If the state adopts Option B, alot of school districs are bouncing around the idea of having 8-12 students work virtually while moving 6-7 grades to high schools and part of the elementary schools to middle schools while leaving the rest in elementary buildings. If that's the case, there will be no sports.

Davidson County Schools has announced a stay at home, online option for K-8 students, complete with a principal. For those who don’t feel it’s safe to return physically to school.

I just spent past 3 nights in tn. Their state is open has been open, people are working and playing. The hotel hosted several girls softball teams that are playing this weekend. One difference republican governor. After November if trump loses you won’t here another thing about this mystery virus. People need to wake up and realize the liberal left is willing to do anything to gain power.

I just spent past 3 nights in tn. Their state is open has been open, people are working and playing. The hotel hosted several girls softball teams that are playing this weekend. One difference republican governor. After November if trump loses you won’t here another thing about this mystery virus. People need to wake up and realize the liberal left is willing to do anything to gain power.
So the liberal left created a virus that went around the world killing hundreds of thousands .But could not figure out how to beat a two bit conman who only won by 77,000 votes.Now that's funny no matter who you are.
I do hope your right about it going away after the election.But I doubt that.

Last edited:
So the liberal left created a virus that went around the world killing hundreds of thousands .But could not figure out how to beat a two bit conman who only won by 77,000 votes.Now that's funny no matter who you are.
Actually, the conman you mentioned lost by 2,868,686 votes. But who’s counting? I get your point.

Not sure why people think Governor Cooper is closing things to win an election. Doing the right thing may very well cost him the election. That’s why I’ll vote for him.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
We live in a republic not a democracy thats why the mob doesn't rule. We have an electoral college. Popular vote doesn't matter.
Trump beat Hillary by a large margin.
Yep, that’s what he keeps selling anyway. Not sure about the mob rule part.

52k people in N.C. have contracted the virus 1,200 have died. That’s including nursing home clients who were critically ill to begin with. I’m not saying they created the virus but they’ve used it to kill a thriving economy. They didn’t have to shut the country down and waste trillions of tax dollars. The liberal left runs the media. You can’t trust a thing the media says. As for the electoral college it helps give us out in the sticks states like N.C. an equal say in whose president rather than allowing New York and Los Angeles to run rural N.C. the cities vote democrat to keep their handouts and entitlement programs. Democrats have bought votes since the new deal. It’s a shame and a disgrace that hard working people are taxed to death so that dems can buy the marginalized’s vote and keep them poor because they need to control them. A government big enough to give you everything you need can take what you have. As far as cooper keeping us safe???? Sc, ga, tn all are open and have been our spikes and mortality rates are the same as theirs. This whole thing is a propagandized political nightmare and it shouldn’t be.

52k people in N.C. have contracted the virus 1,200 have died. That’s including nursing home clients who were critically ill to begin with. I’m not saying they created the virus but they’ve used it to kill a thriving economy. They didn’t have to shut the country down and waste trillions of tax dollars. The liberal left runs the media. You can’t trust a thing the media says. As for the electoral college it helps give us out in the sticks states like N.C. an equal say in whose president rather than allowing New York and Los Angeles to run rural N.C. the cities vote democrat to keep their handouts and entitlement programs. Democrats have bought votes since the new deal. It’s a shame and a disgrace that hard working people are taxed to death so that dems can buy the marginalized’s vote and keep them poor because they need to control them. A government big enough to give you everything you need can take what you have. As far as cooper keeping us safe???? Sc, ga, tn all are open and have been our spikes and mortality rates are the same as theirs. This whole thing is a propagandized political nightmare and it shouldn’t be.
You and I absolutely agree on your last sentence.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Yep, that’s what he keeps selling anyway. Not sure about the mob rule part.

He isn't selling anything. It's a FACT. And the FACT that you are still butt hurt over an election that was almost four years ago says more about you than it does him. By the way, if you think Sleepy Joe is going to win in November you really are delusional. As soon as they let him, if they ever do, out of the basement he is a walking talking ticking time bomb. You know it and every other butt hurt liberal snow flake does as well. He can't finish a thought much less a sentence. Half the time he has NO IDEA what state he is in. The mere ringing of a cell phone startles him like it does a sleeping cat. His record on race, foreign policy, environmental issues is enough to swing the Indy's to President Trump. AOC and Beto are already part of his team. Enough said. My advice to you is to go ahead and line you up a therapist. The next 4.5 years are going to be rough on you Nancy Boy.

Everybody knows why it's still spreading People want wear mask and practice social distancing.At the paper mill here everyone's temperature is checked every shift all are supposed to wear mask.Several have been sent home for two weeks because of high temperature. .So far the mill is still running

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Everybody knows why it's still spreading People want wear mask and practice social distancing.At the paper mill here everyone's temperature is checked every shift all are supposed to wear mask.Several have been sent home for two weeks because of high temperature. .So far the mill is still running
.0002 % of the US population has died from COVID-19 .

What people don't realize is, that it's not just about the # and deaths. A whole lot of these precautions have to do with hospitalizations. The shut down gave us time early on to slow the spread and make room if needed. But we have to come back smart until there is treatment and a vaccine. Hospitalizations are up. The last thing you want is to need a medical procedure done but not be able to get into a hospital because the beds are full of Covid patients.

My best advice to you all is to cut off the conspiracy theories, tone out politicians more concerned with money and pick up a medical journal and literature.

Went to a big cookout last night, about 30-40 ppl that work at the mill was there. Not one single one of them wore a mask or gloves or anything else. Babies, kids, teens, adults, and senior citizens alike. Fun was had, beers were drank, good food was shared, hugs were given, hands were shaked, the rally was watched and guess what? Everybody's gonna be just fine! I guess this forum must be your out because you'd get eaten alive down there if you acted this way out loud all the time! Lol.

Last edited:
He isn't selling anything. It's a FACT. And the FACT that you are still butt hurt over an election that was almost four years ago says more about you than it does him. By the way, if you think Sleepy Joe is going to win in November you really are delusional. As soon as they let him, if they ever do, out of the basement he is a walking talking ticking time bomb. You know it and every other butt hurt liberal snow flake does as well. He can't finish a thought much less a sentence. Half the time he has NO IDEA what state he is in. The mere ringing of a cell phone startles him like it does a sleeping cat. His record on race, foreign policy, environmental issues is enough to swing the Indy's to President Trump. AOC and Beto are already part of his team. Enough said. My advice to you is to go ahead and line you up a therapist. The next 4.5 years are going to be rough on you Nancy Boy.
Since you’re replying to me and appear to know so much about me, here’s my answer.
I’m an unaffiliated voter who has never voted a straight ticket in my life. I voted for more Republicans than Democrats in four of the last five elections. I’m a small business owner paid only on commission. Taken an eighty percent hit since February.
But I also spent months in a medically induced coma and many weeks of that on a ventilator. Coded five times. Had dialysis because my organs were being destroyed. Lost forty pounds and ate through a tube for five months. Had to relearn to stand, to walk, to eat and go to the bathroom by myself. It turned my family into emotional wrecks.
That was H1N1 (swine flu) and this is much worse. I was sixty and in good health until then. The year I had it was a N.C. record...256 deaths.
So before you make assumptions about my political beliefs or anything else about me, get over your stereotypes. There are a lot of folks like me who would vote for many Republicans for President. But not the serial narcissist that currently sits in the oval office. And there’s nothing that I’ve suggested that isn’t part of the guidelines that his medical team is still pushing. But he abandoned it when he became fearful that it would cost him the election, which is all he ever cares about.
If caring about people other than myself makes me a snowflake, I’ll wear the badge with honor.

Glad you survived. Maybe if Obummer and Sleepy Joe would have taken H1N1 serious and shut down the entire country you may not have had to go through that. But seeing how the snowflakes have tried Russia, Ukraine, Covid, the economy and who know what else to come to try and dismantle this country all bets are off. Pick a side.

Reactions: BK13T-$

I
My 1st cousin works at the mill also

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Went to a big cookout last night, about 30-40 ppl that work at the mill was there. Not one single one of them wore a mask or gloves or anything else. Babies, kids, teens, adults, and senior citizens alike. Fun was had, beers were drank, good food was shared, hugs were given, hands were shaked, the rally was watched and guess what? Everybody's gonna be just fine! I guess this forum must be your out because you'd get eaten alive down there if you acted this way out loud all the time! Lol.[/Q

What I said about the mill was true,Because of what some do out of the mill is the reason we want get out of this first wave before the second wave.You can drink beer ,eat and still be safe from the virus.Did those mill people tell you the mill had already shut down one machine a month ago.Because of the virus they had no orders.
I act the same way down there as I do on here.They are several down there with a WCU diploma working on the same job as a kid that graduated high school last year.I guess that means that diploma is kinda like their football team.:):):)

Last edited:
Since you’re replying to me and appear to know so much about me, here’s my answer.
I’m an unaffiliated voter who has never voted a straight ticket in my life. I voted for more Republicans than Democrats in four of the last five elections. I’m a small business owner paid only on commission. Taken an eighty percent hit since February.
But I also spent months in a medically induced coma and many weeks of that on a ventilator. Coded five times. Had dialysis because my organs were being destroyed. Lost forty pounds and ate through a tube for five months. Had to relearn to stand, to walk, to eat and go to the bathroom by myself. It turned my family into emotional wrecks.
That was H1N1 (swine flu) and this is much worse. I was sixty and in good health until then. The year I had it was a N.C. record...256 deaths.
So before you make assumptions about my political beliefs or anything else about me, get over your stereotypes. There are a lot of folks like me who would vote for many Republicans for President. But not the serial narcissist that currently sits in the oval office. And there’s nothing that I’ve suggested that isn’t part of the guidelines that his medical team is still pushing. But he abandoned it when he became fearful that it would cost him the election, which is all he ever cares about.
If caring about people other than myself makes me a snowflake, I’ll wear the badge with honor.

dude I feel you. I had the bird flu. I thought I was going to die. My parents had the swine flu and they said it was the worst my grandmother was hospitalized with it. I guess the point is why are we treating this differently than what you describe above? And don’t give me the super virus nonsense. The Spanish flu was a killer coronavirus is killing less than 2%. You can’t shut the country down based on viruses. All we’re saying to the world is use biological warfare and we will shut our country down.

Reactions: WM1977
dude I feel you. I had the bird flu. I thought I was going to die. My parents had the swine flu and they said it was the worst my grandmother was hospitalized with it. I guess the point is why are we treating this differently than what you describe above? And don’t give me the super virus nonsense. The Spanish flu was a killer coronavirus is killing less than 2%. You can’t shut the country down based on viruses. All we’re saying to the world is use biological warfare and we will shut our country down.

EVERYONE knows why they demanded a shutdown. Greatest economy ever, lowest black, Hispanic, female, Asian unemployment in the history of our country. Record breaking Stock Market, Dow and S&P, no war (s), ISIS defeated, China on the ropes with trade, Mexico giving into blocking the caravans, the wall being built...the list goes on. What else do the "do nothing but tear down statues dims" have going for them???? Sleepy Joe Biden, AOC and the Green New Deal, open borders, free education, free housing, free medical care for ILLEGAL immigrants, erasing the 2nd Amendment, mail in voting and last but not least, doubling the tax rate for everyone to pay for it. I am sorry to hear about the above mentioned health issues, but damn, common sense seems to have left many in this country because they hate one man more than they love our country.

When do you think we will have a football season Fall 2020 Spring 2021. Will it start on time in August 2020 or sometime in September 2020. I have even seen spring 2021. Does anyone really know or just some ideas from one or all.
Ok Monday ends a weeks sense the above question, so has anything changed football-wise add who thinks school will even start back or be online until they get a cure or does it go away on its own as other viruses have done. All school and sports-related. COVID-19 has caused a lot of unanswered questions in High School, College, and Pro-Sports and I for one am ready for this mess to go away and things return to normal !

We'll know more when Cooper announces phases July 1st.

Like I said, and Sportsref will probably agree, unless school is back in building completely, we'll have no sports.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT