ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

I saw one city that has already invoked it about a week ago has a $1000.00 fine. The state needs money so I see a huge fine coming from the state if this is not followed. Plus it will take a low life that will not respect the elderly and others to put this CORONAVIRUS behind us. We can set home for maybe 6 months to a year waiting for a cure with no school or football or we can do what needs to be done. NC was up over 1700 new cases for the day and climbing and they can shut everything down again if people don't comply. No comply, no football or school. If people want to give it to older parents, grandparents, or older friends or customers then we may be a doomed country because these POS looters are going to be passing it on. I have respected and wore a collection of 5 masks changed daily when I work 4, 4 hours days I will be 70 in a few months and I am protecting others by wearing my and deserve the same respect. Younger people are getting it now and if someone doesn't follow wearing the mask, I sure want be hurt if they get it. Sorry but I am and have been wearing mine for about 3 months to protect the people around me since I am in the age group that is not surviving it I wish others would pay me the same respect. It is about respect for you fellow citizens ! Also if you don't have a mask on business do not have to let you come in and I hope the don't because you can be charged with trespassing and taken to jail ! If you don't agree then you have my Prayers. This crap needs to go and everyone needs to do their part to make it go. It is the American way !
Masking.png

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I have said for months that if everyone wore a mask this crap would go away in a month or 2 and if this had been enacted March or April, we probably would not be dealing with it now. The mask is just your respect for those around you because you may have it and not know it yet. If you want to see football sooner rather than later then follower this and see where it take us.
The wearing or not wearing of masks is not the only contribution to the spike. There are other contributing factors that have been going on that not many leaders have cautioned against that are at fault as well.

Clemson had 14 more players test positive and are quarantining them for fourteen days. That brings the total to 37. That’s tough on a team trying to prepare for what they hope will be a season. Imagine how it would affect a high school team, especially during the season.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Clemson had 14 more players test positive and are quarantining them for fourteen days. That brings the total to 37. That’s tough on a team trying to prepare for what they hope will be a season. Imagine how it would affect a high school team, especially during the season.

I'm afraid college football is going to roll the ball until someone dies.

Clemson will have herd immunity to start the season.

Herd immunity is defined as 80% of the population having had the disease. Doesn’t mean it applies to any individual who hasn’t had it.
Saw an interview yesterday with a woman who has had it twice. Jury is still out in whether the antibodies guarantee you can’t get it again. Not enough data to know.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
I'm afraid college football is going to roll the ball until someone dies.
I suspect you’re right. But the person who dies will likely either be in the crowd, or someone who was exposed to someone in the crowd. It may or may not be traced to a ball game.
I’m a diehard Tarheel and have season tickets at App. But I’d prefer that they play this season without fans and get by on the tv money. Perhaps an exception for parents and immediate families of the players. Obviously, high school won’t be able to do that.

I suspect you’re right. But the person who dies will likely either be in the crowd, or someone who was exposed to someone in the crowd. It may or may not be traced to a ball game.
I’m a diehard Tarheel and have season tickets at App. But I’d prefer that they play this season without fans and get by on the tv money. Perhaps an exception for parents and immediate families of the players. Obviously, high school won’t be able to do that.

Likely to be a fan. Always could be a player too. The issue is, how will smaller colleges play without fans? Some of them don't have tv deals. They're in the same boat high school football is.

Likely to be a fan. Always could be a player too. The issue is, how will smaller colleges play without fans? Some of them don't have tv deals. They're in the same boat high school football is.
You’re absolutely right. For schools like Carolina and App,if the season ticket holders consider their ticket money to be a donation, and they get tv money, they won’t lose that much. The net profit could even be larger. But for many schools, it would be a huge hit. That’s when, like high school, they have some tough decisions to make.
I don’t think the obliteration of the season is a done deal yet, for high school or college. But it is my opinion that if the vast majority of people don’t start taking the recommendations (including masks) seriously, we’re toast for fall sports.

You’re absolutely right. For schools like Carolina and App,if the season ticket holders consider their ticket money to be a donation, and they get tv money, they won’t lose that much. The net profit could even be larger. But for many schools, it would be a huge hit. That’s when, like high school, they have some tough decisions to make.
I don’t think the obliteration of the season is a done deal yet, for high school or college. But it is my opinion that if the vast majority of people don’t start taking the recommendations (including masks) seriously, we’re toast for fall sports.

People are going to reap what they sow. If high school football doesn't happen, I don't want to hear a dang bit of whining from anti-maskers.

We'll have a better idea of where things stand after July 1st.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
People are going to reap what they sow. If high school football doesn't happen, I don't want to hear a dang bit of whining from anti-maskers.

We'll have a better idea of where things stand after July 1st.
You are so right. I have worn my mask and tried to social distance but there are times when I look around and there stands an idiot 2 foot from me with no mask. I really hope this is enforced with heavy fines because the 18 to 45 age group can have it and not know it for weeks passing it on to 100s of us older people. They will be the ones that will miss school and sports the most and it is no ones fault but there own if everyone doesn't wear masks and keep the 4ell away from each other by 6 plus feet. If you cant judge 6 feet then take 3 steps as long as you can and that should do it unless you are a midget. LOL ..... School or no school, sports or no sports, it is all up to people making the right decisions in life ! ! Protect a friend, Father, Mother, Grandparents, Protect all around you because you may be a carrier.
"WEAR A MASK"
1f637.png
1f637.png
1f637.png
1f637.png

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Some of the school systems planning on having all high schools online. Then using all high school buildings to provide proper distance for elementary or middle school students. Some systems struggling with which students can handle online learning vs those who need a teacher in a classroom. And then the cost of busses with only 14-15 students each. I would not want to be an administrator now. They are going to catch it from one group or the other! And teachers must prepare for all possible scenarios!!

Some of the school systems planning on having all high schools online. Then using all high school buildings to provide proper distance for elementary or middle school students. Some systems struggling with which students can handle online learning vs those who need a teacher in a classroom. And then the cost of busses with only 14-15 students each. I would not want to be an administrator now. They are going to catch it from one group or the other! And teachers must prepare for all possible scenarios!!
If true, that really stinks for high school students and teachers. Not sure how they could justify allowing some students to attend class full time but preventing others for having that opportunity. While it’s true that HS students can “better” handle online learning (assuming there’s more accountability than there was this past spring) everyone knows online learning isn’t as effective as direct learning within a classroom setting. If there has to be a limited option, it seems it’d be more fair and beneficial for all students to go on alternating days (A day/B day) or even alternating weeks. Really a no-win situation right now.

They will have to adopt whatever plan the state decides on. If the state says back at full capacity then that is what they will have to do. Each LEA is creating a plan for each of the 3 scenarios though.

With that said, plan B which would be no more than 50% of students enrolled will be an epic disaster. Especially considering that the NCGA really didn't do anything to provide resources schools will need for this. I really feel bad for teachers and admins this year.

Reactions: GreyGod623
Once a vaccine becomes available, will students be required to take it to attend school and participate in athletic activities? This could become a huge issue, especially from a legal standpoint.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Once a vaccine becomes available, will students be required to take it to attend school and participate in athletic activities? This could become a huge issue, especially from a legal standpoint.

Agree...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ThrowItAround

They already have to have certain vaccinations to attend public schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: FB is my Life
They already have to have certain vaccinations to attend public schools.

Are these vaccinations required for charter schools? I have no idea so I am asking for clarification. If they are not required, this might be where charter schools completely destroy public schools.

Are these vaccinations required for charter schools? I have no idea so I am asking for clarification. If they are not required, this might be where charter schools completely destroy public schools.

Good question. I'm positive they are but I can find out. Of course some people get religious exemptions.

I'm afraid this whole mess will give the NCGA what it wants in regards to education.

Public and private school students have to be vaccinated. There are loopholes though such as the religious exemption.

I have asked you several times to leave politics out of this. I am going to ask one last time. No more politics.
There should be no problem with the word politics or political used as long as no candidate or party is brought up. Agreed Sportsnut17 ?

This COVIR-19 and going back to school are all wrapped up in politics and that can be talked about in that way without calling out a party or candidate.

Last edited:
There should be no problem with the word politics or political used as long as no candidate or party is brought up. Agreed Sportsnut17 ?

This COVIR-19 and going back to school are all wrapped up in politics and that can be talked about in that way without calling out a party or candidate.
And that is exactly what was deleted. I have no problem with most of the discussion as it pertains to HS football and School in general. But there will be no promotion or negativity of a particular candidate on either side. I know there will be some disagreements.

And that is exactly what was deleted. I have no problem with most of the discussion as it pertains to HS football and School in general. But there will be no promotion or negativity of a particular candidate on either side. I know there will be some disagreements.
I did not see what was deleted.

So the words politics or political are ok ...

Last edited:
I wish they would just move it to spring...instead of cancelling it altogether or cutting the season short. I'd rather wait and possibly see a full season in spring...than watch 6 games this fall.

What do you do about spring sports? Is it fair to say we are moving football to spring so there will be no baseball? Perhaps play baseball in the fall? I think the best answer is going to be condensed seasons.

I could care less about baseball. You can't make everybody happy and football pays all the bills...so I say full season in the spring. I do like watching basketball but I would give it up to watch a full football season. If kids want to play baseball or basketball they can play on AAU or travel teams etc...there is no AAU or travel football leagues...that I have heard of.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT