ADVERTISEMENT

The Main Question for 2020 Football

How many of those 100,000 would have died anyway without the covid is the question that should be considered.
The media has got people thinking that it's a death sentence to get the covid, the truth is far from that. 32 people have had it here 1 has died, and that one might have died within the timeframe anyway

The virus is damaging to your body regardless if you die from it. It’s not a cold. It disrupts the respiratory and cardiovascular system and causes long term effects that you (can) suffer from the rest of your life. So much so, that the US Army has now made people who contracted COVID-19 ineligible to enlist.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
The virus is damaging to your body regardless if you die from it. It’s not a cold. It disrupts the respiratory and cardiovascular system and causes long term effects that you (can) suffer from the rest of your life. So much so, that the US Army has now made people who contracted COVID-19 ineligible to enlist.
There are a million different things in the world that will do the same damage to a person, have we shut the world down over those. The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.

That is not 100 percent true on the Army. Think that has been adjusted to say if it hospitalized you and even then there is waivers.

Reactions: BK13T-$
That is not 100 percent true on the Army. Think that has been adjusted to say if it hospitalized you and even then there is waivers.

Do you know how the waiver process works for medical issues? I’m not saying you don’t. Just that I do.

There are a million different things in the world that will do the same damage to a person, have we shut the world down over those. The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.

What are those things? Please elaborate.

You do realize that N.C is just now seeing the highest numbers of cases,deaths and hospitalizations since the virus started.?
Not death rate .... case yes (more testing will lead to more confirmed cases ... hospitalizations have increased, which was expected with more social interaction. Remember, the goal back in March was to not overwhelm the healthcare system, it was never to find a vaccine or eradicate the virus. The virus is something that we will have to deal with, probably from now on. Herd immunity is of utmost importance. People smarter than me (like BK) will have to figure out what is the right thing to do.

Not death rate .... case yes (more testing will lead to more confirmed cases ... hospitalizations have increased, which was expected with more social interaction. Remember, the goal back in March was to not overwhelm the healthcare system, it was never to find a vaccine or eradicate the virus. The virus is something that we will have to deal with, probably from now on. Herd immunity is of utmost importance. People smarter than me (like BK) will have to figure out what is the right thing to do.

Deaths from March until May -1st-399 now on June 17 th -1154.So yes it's going up.As for the goal in March was we don't open up until we have 14 days of decline bending the curve..Not even close to doing that.

Cooper + Cohen = disaster for NC. Covid is the least of NC worries with these 2 running a clown show. Their actions alone are being far more detrimental. As far as football is concerned, the season looks to be in jeopardy. I hope im wrong about that tho....

I'm not getting in to politics on a football forum, and I have no affiliation or work directly with Sec. Cohen, but to imply she has been a disaster for NC is just dumb.

Is there no way I can just go to a site and not have to see political sides form. Let’s all have a positive outlook regarding this upcoming season if nothing else but for the kids. They will really be the ones short sided by this if something happens.....

Deaths from March until May -1st-399 now on June 17 th -1154.So yes it's going up.As for the goal in March was we don't open up until we have 14 days of decline bending the curve..Not even close to doing that.
You misinterpret an increased "rate" versus an increase in overall number. The peak daily death rate was June 1st I do believe and it was in the upper 20's. For the last week, the death "rate" has held fairly steady in the mid to upper teens. In other words, the number of positive case has increased with increased testing, but the death "rate" on a daily basis has been on the decline.

I'm not getting in to politics on a football forum, and I have no affiliation or work directly with Sec. Cohen, but to imply she has been a disaster for NC is just dumb.

We all are entitled to our own opinions, whether they are viewed as dumb or not. Your correct tho in this being a football forum and not political, my apologies.

We all are entitled to our own opinions, whether they are viewed as dumb or not. Your correct tho in this being a football forum and not political, my apologies.
The coronavirus has made sports political because it is up to our politicians when football and other sports start back. Politics has the final say like it or not. For myself, I don't like it but they hold all the cards,,,,

As of the news the last few days saying Covid 19 is on the rise in North Carolina and other states I say the chances of spring football is looking to be 50/50 and probably safer at this point and with the possibility of no 2020 fall or 2021 spring football. I really hope I am wrong on both but it could be when they get a vaccine. Times are changing and we don't know what tomorrow will bring :(. Prayers for All ! !

No need for apologies. Having the freedom to express ourselves is one of the many reasons I I love this country. I was simply saying I cannot personally discuss politics due to my job no matter what the forum is.

Reactions: GreyGod623
Schools are starting to gather for workouts. It would not surprise me at all that they will be shutdown again in a couple of weeks. I am starting to be concern we may not see football at any level this fall.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
This Virus Sure Is Strange:

This coronavirus is the strangest virus I've ever heard of. It's very dangerous the way it spreads.

It is so mysterious the way it lurks in schools, but then dies at Walmart or any other big box store..

It can wreak havoc in bars and restaurants! Although it’s mind-boggling how it vanishes at the beach or in the park. Yet, standing to watch a football game or at a music concert or festival triggers its wrath.

It is sneaky. It can spread when buying clothes at your local clothing store Which had to stay closed along with all the other clothes shops but doesn’t spread so much at the supermarkets

It is non-alcoholic. It can't spread when you are buying beer.

It lives for 24 hours on Amazon boxes, you must wait 24 hours to touch them but it can't survive on takeaway coffee cups, so enjoying a hot latte is safe.

It is the most curious thing, how it lives on footballs, tennis rackets and weight rooms, but dies on shopping carts and food.

It is spread by hair stylists, dog groomers, and dentists, but not by bank machines, cashiers, and fast food workers.

It's so smart. It won’t bother the first 6 people that get together but it knows when the 7th person shows up so be careful if that’s you.

It even knows what you want vs what you need. If you want a massage or your nails done it is very actively on the prowl and not even a mask can stop it. If you need a plumber, it is weak, and a mask will keep it away.

It also seems to be most dangerous after 5:30pm so businesses must start to close before the virus comes out and wreaks havoc upon the populations.

Whoever heard of such a smart sneaky virus?!?

This coronavirus is the strangest virus I've ever heard of. It's very dangerous the way it spreads.

It is so mysterious the way it lurks in schools, but then dies at Walmart or any other big box store..

It can wreak havoc in bars and restaurants! Although it’s mind-boggling how it vanishes at the beach or in the park. Yet, standing to watch a football game or at a music concert or festival triggers its wrath.

It is sneaky. It can spread when buying clothes at your local clothing store Which had to stay closed along with all the other clothes shops but doesn’t spread so much at the supermarkets

It lives for 24 hours on Amazon boxes, you must wait 24 hours to touch them but it can't survive on takeaway coffee cups, so enjoying a hot latte is safe.

It is the most curious thing, how it lives on footballs, tennis rackets and weight rooms, but dies on shopping carts and food.

It is spread by hair stylists, dog groomers, and dentists, but not by bank machines, cashiers, and fast food workers.

It's so smart. It won’t bother the first 6 people that get together but it knows when the 7th person shows up so be careful if that’s you.

It even knows what you want vs what you need. If you want a massage or your nails done it is very actively on the prowl and not even a mask can stop it. If you need a plumber, it is weak, and a mask will keep it away.

It also seems to be most dangerous after 5:30pm so businesses must start to close before the virus comes out and wreaks havoc upon the populations.

You left out the part that's it's already killed 117,000 and will kill another 100,000 by October.

it never shows up at protests. Only on job sites and sporting events

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see NFL, College and High School football be cancelled for the fall. No doubt about it, this virus has turned the sports world upside down.

Well, I'm just glad that nobody dies of anything else anymore besides the Coronavirus and "police brutality" Lol. At this point, I have pretty much lost all faith in humanity and in all honesty I'm kinda scared for what the future brings. When you are allowed to gather in a large mass and burn down a church, store, salon, bar, restaurant, etc. but are not allowed to legally patronize that place as a customer due to a virus, a virus that is being hyped up from the same group of people (Democrats) which are consequently allowing you to protest at the same time, then we are at rock bottom folks. I sure as hell hope there's high school football this year, but honestly it should be the least of our worries.

Cases are on the rise in North Carolina. Surry County is up to 370 cases as of 6/19/20 @ 11:55 am, of that 207 is in the largest Surry County zip code 27030 the Mount Airy area which partially includes North Surry. As I said there is a 50/50 chance of football starting on time but could be conference only or spring. The Lam brain Governer is talking about everyone having to wear masks. Boone, NC has already gone to all wearing masks while out of there home place. It should have been done 2 months ago. If everyone nationwide would have worn masks for 3 weeks then this crap could be mostly gone. I wear a mask every time I leave the house because of my age and I am out 4 days a week for 4 hours. Just praying I don't get it. Hate to say it but our democratic governor will probably delay fall sports till when I can't say. If he does will it be the right decision or wrong ? Keeping those thoughts to myself. I do welcome yours as it may change mine if good. I am really at a loss for what to do. Scary times for us all especially those my age and having to work parttime to get by. Prayers for us all !

Virus is now spreading in younger folks. They are not the ones that die or are hospitalized. So they are not socially distancing or wearing masks. But they may keep us from having a football season. More importantly many students stopped doing academic assignments last quarter of year. If schools are online again, many of our students who need teachers in the classroom will suffer badly!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT