ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Football 2023 Outlook

Must be nice being in the crayon 🖍️ side of the state.

Listen kid.
Nobody is worried about where Tarboro is.
We are just debating the new system. As of now Tarboro will be 2a. No matter how many walk across the street. Sounds like that bothers you.

I know I know. Yunz wanna be 2a . Lol 😂
Yeah right.

Must be nice being in the crayon 🖍️ side of the state.

Listen kid.
Nobody is worried about where Tarboro is.
We are just debating the new system. As of now Tarboro will be 2a. No matter how many walk across the street. Sounds like that bothers you.

I know I know. Yunz wanna be 2a . Lol 😂
Yeah right.
Besides 3 or 4 teams the entire 1A is a crayon. Robbinsville falls in the crayon category.

You reaching by saying a team that is in the top 5 with the bigger schools year in and year out is in the crayon league. Boy, that doesn't bother me. It says alot about you and you knowledge though.
I bet yunz have to pave that street every 4 months. Alot of foot traffic. One way.
Whatever you gotta do I guess.

That's if the other bill (785 I think) passes and isn't changed like this last one was. Even then
When two more charters start in the east Tarboro will then be 2a if both charters are 1a.

Tarboro will be 2a any way you look at it.
If not immediately then by the next alignment for sure.

As it stands now 1a will be around 405.
Holy cow BK, I am being serious ,how many bills are there?

Tbh robbinsville is one of the few teams I could see in the 1a west giving Mount airy a game this upcoming year. Will they beat them ?Maybe maybe not but they are in that category. That being said, I still think Mount airy is the favorite in the west and to win the title

You reaching by saying a team that is in the top 5 with the bigger schools year in and year out is in the crayon league. Boy, that doesn't bother me. It says alot about you and you knowledge though.
I bet yunz have to pave that street every 4 months. Alot of foot traffic. One way.
Whatever you gotta do I guess.
Edgecombe Early College has 202 students. They only accept a total of 40 freshman per year from four area high schools. 38 percent of those are males.

Edgecombe Early College has 202 students. They only accept a total of 40 freshman per year from four area high schools. 38 percent of those are males.
How many of those play football or would be legitimate football players you think? I just ask. We got the same thing in Surry county. Then we also have millennium charter. But I don't think any of those boys were going to be football players anyway. I've always thought it's good and bad. It weeds out the boys who don't want to play.

How many of those play football or would be legitimate football players you think? I just ask. We got the same thing in Surry county. Then we also have millennium charter. But I don't think any of those boys were going to be football players anyway. I've always thought it's good and bad. It weeds out the boys who don't want to play.
Cant really answer your question but if you do the math from their statistics only 15 + or - males enter the freshman class each year divided by four schools is less than four. How many come from each school, no clue. One thing for sure there is no walking across the street to enter. The extensive application process starts in January and potential students are notified by April. Its a 9 thru 13 program that ends with a high school diploma and a AS degree. Its an outstanding opportunity for students that clearly are seeking a great education.

Not sure how it is now, but When I was in school the only people that went to the early college were people that didn’t play sports. And they also took kids away from all 3 Edgecombe county high schools - not just Tarboro.

Don't you have to be performing above your grade level to go to early college? They never had early college when I was in school, but Surry Community College only opened in 1964 when I was in the 6th or maybe 7th grade.

Last edited:
Yea I found out from my son that knows some of the players from down that way. He was going to transfer but he isn’t anymore. He’s staying. Good b/c I’m definitely ready to watch that game lol

Yea I found out from my son that knows some of the players from down that way. He was going to transfer but he isn’t anymore. He’s staying. Good b/c I’m definitely ready to watch that game lol
Same here I been looking forward to this one all year. Hopefully our defense can find a way to slow them down this time.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
It's on witn.com and highschool ot.com they can probably explain better than I can lol.
I was just reading up on it on High School OT. South Creek only had about 230 students at max. That’s WILD! I wonder how many students NE has. A few years ago it was talks that they may close also. The alumni didn’t want that to happen though. My mother graduated from NE. She definitely didn’t want to see that happen. Idk why

I was just reading up on it on High School OT. South Creek only had about 230 students at max. That’s WILD! I wonder how many students NE has. A few years ago it was talks that they may close also. The alumni didn’t want that to happen though. My mother graduated from NE. She definitely didn’t want to see that happen. Idk why
I honestly ain't to surprised to see them merge with Riverside. It's possible based on the realignment projections, they'd be in 3a in 2025. I did see a post on Facebook that said they were coming for Tarboro in football. Found that interesting. I've wondered that about NE myself for awhile. They gotta have low numbers.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I honestly ain't to surprised to see them merge with Riverside. It's possible based on the realignment projections, they'd be in 3a in 2025. I did see a post on Facebook that said they were coming for Tarboro in football. Found that interesting. I've wondered that about NE myself for awhile. They gotta have low numbers.
They will field a good team you would think. South Creek seems to always have a few good athletes. Just not enough team numbers to support them

They will field a good team you would think. South Creek seems to always have a few good athletes. Just not enough team numbers to support them
I think they'll be pretty good. I believe if anybody in the east is gonna knock off tarboro the next two years it'll be them. If the projections of tarboro returning to 2a in 2025 are true, then I would think they would probably be the favorite in the 1a east. Ofc that's if they don't wind up in 3a with them combining both schools.

I think they'll be pretty good. I believe if anybody in the east is gonna knock off tarboro the next two years it'll be them. If the projections of tarboro returning to 2a in 2025 are true, then I would think they would probably be the favorite in the 1a east. Ofc that's if they don't wind up in 3a with them combining both schools.
We will be 2a...So many coaches called in and complained. We were told that we will be 2a now.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT