ADVERTISEMENT

SP vs. the Mighty Purple Storm

Not even going to touch the "little person" comment ... but to say one last thing about this game.

After watching as a parent of a player the last 4 years and knowing my player and his teammates ... this game has been equally "mental" as it has been physical.

Literally scoring ... felt like an exercism of sorts. The game felt much closer than the final score, and whether anyone agrees or not ... it actually felt like a battle for the first time!

Now ... having said all that, hopefully our players and our coaches can move on past the "mind field" that was the SP game and play like they are capable in the Big South!

Reading from the shotgun and under center are the same hahaahaha maybe your girlfriend can explain the difference between shotgun and under center
Wham please don't exercise your knowledge around X's and O's on this thread. You just make a bigger jackass out of yourself. Get your focus back on the games you know something about....hop scotch, Jack rocks or maybe fool around with your Ken and Barbie dolls. Unless you chewed up the Ken doll trying to figure out the Louisville game.

Reactions: coondog8585
First off as a loyal Huskie I find it appalling how openly racist some of the comments on this thread are, "razor wire fencing to keep the students in, or the hood out" Did you post that while on vacation in Charlottesville? Second, you're dang right we whooped your fanny last year and if it weren't for your world famous "phantom flags" that always seem to fall out of the refs pocket at just the right times when team are driving on SP we would have beaten you a number of times more! I actually have seen SC play a couple of times this year and I have been impressed with there defense and the offense is looking better too. I actually was at the game last night and like some other guys said it was MUCH closer than the score indicated. Wham is also right when he said SP punched in a meaningless touchdown with a minute left to make the score look worse than it was. Fact is they moved the ball on you. I saw a blocked field goal attempt that was potential points after a drive and an intercepted pass at the 3 yard line that was also potential points for SC. In addition, like I said I have seen them a couple of times this year and last night was the worst I've seen them play. They definitely didn't have their "A" game either. They were coming off of a bye and looked out of sync on offense in the first half. Once they got back in the swing of things they moved the ball at will. I also heard they were playing without their starting center and best defensive lineman. Oh and by the way, Kerrion Moore was still in for the TD!

What a surprise. "Racism". SMH....lol. If you really are from HH area, then you know that for a very long time that was a fact. Not sure if it still is, but it was at one time for sure. I blame the razor wire....it's racist. Wins and losses ain't racist, either.

It's funny how we are the bad fans but they do the same thing but I hope a Cleveland county team wins the Big South if Ashbrook don't win it.

I'll follow it with this, you're not all bad fans...but there's quite a few of you that could get on some mood stabilizers...do I have to remind you of your interactions with Coach Lee and Coach Lineberger last year? or the many who thought the sky was falling after you dropped 3 games out the gate. Heck, Ralph said that last year was gonna be the year that you guys were awful...Seadog pretty much supports them through thick and thin, he's always confident that SP could beat any HS team in the country. I respect him for that.

I'll follow it with this, you're not all bad fans...but there's quite a few of you that could get on some mood stabilizers...do I have to remind you of your interactions with Coach Lee and Coach Lineberger last year? or the many who thought the sky was falling after you dropped 3 games out the gate. Heck, Ralph said that last year was gonna be the year that you guys were awful...Seadog pretty much supports them through thick and thin, he's always confident that SP could beat any HS team in the country. I respect him for that.

Respectfully...if you'll recall, we were a 4 loss team at the end of Sept. Luckily for us we still played in the Gaston County football conference where literally every other team in conf. has gotten worse except for HH for that one year. So, that plus a mountain playoff schedule did us right. Can't take a championship away from anybody, and I'm glad we got it. But, Anybody who thinks that was a top 10 all time SP team is delusional. If you are a true SP football fan for more than the last 10 years you know which teams were best, who had to face toughest opponents, etc. You can't discount championships.You also can't hold against any of our great teams that they ran into a buzzsaw with future D1s or pros on it. Proud of SP and those kids in '16 and '15 for making it to the championship, but the road there nowadays is much smoother than it used to be.

Reactions: rockstrong
Last year was a down year for the Raiders. Remember, SP didn't even win the conference title, the mighty Huskies did. Even in a down year we got another state championship. This year is not so much a down year so look out.

Everyone was down in 3A last year. SP played Hibriten in the FOURTH round. A team that's never even witnessed a state championship. Crest sucked. West Rowan sucked...Pisgah and tuscola are a joke. SP was basically the tallest midget last year. Not taking away from your state title. Seriously! Congrats! Them boys should be proud. But the 3A playoffs was just sad last year.

Everyone was down in 3A last year. SP played Hibriten in the FOURTH round. A team that's never even witnessed a state championship. Crest sucked. West Rowan sucked...Pisgah and tuscola are a joke. SP was basically the tallest midget last year. Not taking away from your state title. Seriously! Congrats! Them boys should be proud. But the 3A playoffs was just sad last year.
Tallest midget!? That's funny!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT