ADVERTISEMENT

SP at Hibriten

Middle School and High school locker room where you hear mother and girl friend jokes everyday. The point was simply that what started out as a football discussion quickly turned into childish jabs at one another.

Just an intermission - things get slow the first part of the week, so got to think of ways of livening up the boards.

I have seen both teams play this year. I have seen SP play many, many times and I respect the fact that every year they get better every week. I do know one thing though, and that's that SP has had a VERY soft bracket. Hibriten has beaten a Burns team that shocked a lot of people this year and had them scared for a portion of the game, they then dominated a very physical west rowan team who beat a very talented, physical yet undercoached crest team! Hibriten may have the most overall speed I have seen in high school football, and I have seen some dang good ones. Leeper, Bray, Muse, Brooks to speak on SP level. Hibriten is the real deal, better than when they had Lipford back in 09 in my opinion. Their defense is really only suspect to the pass and that doesn't play in SP favor at all. You cant stop this well oiled machine but so many times a game! You hold them under 21 you might have a shot but ill take Hibriten over SP 35-24

I have seen both teams play this year. I have seen SP play many, many times and I respect the fact that every year they get better every week. I do know one thing though, and that's that SP has had a VERY soft bracket. Hibriten has beaten a Burns team that shocked a lot of people this year and had them scared for a portion of the game, they then dominated a very physical west rowan team who beat a very talented, physical yet undercoached crest team! Hibriten may have the most overall speed I have seen in high school football, and I have seen some dang good ones. Leeper, Bray, Muse, Brooks to speak on SP level. Hibriten is the real deal, better than when they had Lipford back in 09 in my opinion. Their defense is really only suspect to the pass and that doesn't play in SP favor at all. You cant stop this well oiled machine but so many times a game! You hold them under 21 you might have a shot but ill take Hibriten over SP 35-24

Our D is going to have to force some errors on the Panthers' part. Hopefully, they will be up to the task.

Just an intermission - things get slow the first part of the week, so got to think of ways of livening up the boards.

You are being very kind, Sasha. Pay "grandpa stiff britches" no mind. He is obviously more worldly, and would pummel us all in a rousing game of chess.
I'd say, "lighten up muchado," but releasing his sphincter is probably not an option for him.

This game, imho, is going to be epic. Everything we do well, they do well. Truly, mirror image teams with certain small advantages each. A true toss up. I'm hoping our SOS, experience and tradition carry the day. My only bet is that every fan there will get their money's worth.

I've always thought 09 was the most talented team we've had followed very closely by the 2010 team. But this team i's on par with both. Just need to finish this go around.

Don't worry Hibriten fan base, SP doesn't get much better game by game because they don't actually block people. The OL cuts and they run under center option. They didn't score a point against Shelby (that's right the mighty SP inbred nation got a goose egg). They got beat by Hunter Huss (who scored 33 points against Shelby btw) and don't worry about Corn Dog. He will be out of breath by the time he walks up 3 flights of stadium steps. Unless they magically get their normal 5 to 10 block in the back - holding calls, Hibriten will beat them.

What time do you guys play Friday? Roundball that is?

Hibriten is really good and SP respects their team, but funny how Burns fans try to promote anyone who beat them as a backhanded way to promote themselves. Burns would likely have not made it past Tuscola or Pisgah. Heck, they were blasted by a very mediocre Crest team.

Hibriten is really good and SP respects their team, but funny how Burns fans try to promote anyone who beat them as a backhanded way to promote themselves. Burns would likely have not made it past Tuscola or Pisgah. Heck, they were blasted by a very mediocre Crest team.

"We beat Huss, we beat Huss!"

We have not seen a team with speed, power and agility like Hibriten in awhile. It will take a little time to adjust to on Friday night, but we will. Don't panic if we are down early.

Reactions: DeBoer31

I love how you say "Burns fans" like all of us....you get one newbie on here that talked about Hibritens win over us, AND WR, and all of a sudden its a backhanded way to promote us? we had 60 hung on us...dk how I can promote that very well....we didnt get luxery of playing 3 straight mountain teams or we may still be playing as well. I understand for you rednecks there is no life after football, Basketball and wrestling barely exist for you hillbillies. After Friday, you will hibernate till baseball season.

We have not seen a team with speed, power and agility like Hibriten in awhile. It will take a little time to adjust to on Friday night, but we will. Don't panic if we are down early.
not getting down early is SP's only chance of survival, and that's a slim chance.

Seadog, I guess we shouldn't go bc Hibriten already has it in the bag and we don't have a chance. Who has Hibriten played all year besides West Rowan?

Okay, here we go!

The Mighty Red Raiders don't travel from home to make nice-nice with the local population. We come to create chaos, take scalps and have our way with the genetically inferior.

Hibriten scoring 42? Bwahahahaha! Maybe the rag-tag opposition you have played is in awe, but not us. I'll give you WR, but the rest of your schedule has trouble lining up for pregame warmups.

If our offense continues to take care of the football, the scoreboard operator will have two duties: 1. Light up the scoreboard to start the game. 2. Turn the scoreboard off as fast as possible at the end of the game. He definitely won't get carpal tunnel toggling the home score switch.

Oh yes, we'll be there Friday night! But remember this, "We come, We see, We conquer!!"

Ok, I don't have a dog in this fight, completely neutral but have seen both teams play. If Hibriten takes care of the ball and doesn't give this game away they will win! , Comfortability! The 42-27 prediction is generous

Seadog, I guess we shouldn't go bc Hibriten already has it in the bag and we don't have a chance. Who has Hibriten played all year besides West Rowan?

Lol, Im sorry but I cant even take Toondog serious. a month n a half ago he was belly up and ready to jump off the ledge. Hated everyone on the coaching staff and wanted to blow the stadium up.....he is lost his fanhood and trash talking privileges

What happened in 2014 when crest had the best defense in the state and we had no chance. It was 13 to 7. Our defense is better then that year and Hibriten is no Crest

Last time you guys was pounding your chest with a Big South team coming up there we had your fans leaving in the 3rd quarter. Be careful what you wish for.

Over? Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??!! When the going gets tough!!.........pause.................pause.............. thinking.........thinking............the tough get going!!!!

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Long story short: We haven't played anyone in a couple months obviously. So, that (to me) may hurt as much as our lack of team speed.
Our defense is good - yes. But it's been really good versus mediocre to really bad teams. It's not been BAD against good teams. But is that enough to win in the fourth round? The variable in this scenario is Hibriten. If they truly have great team speed....I think it will be a long night for SP. We are a slow football without question. We have speed at safety, decent speed at CB and quick/big/strong DL for sure. On offense........we have extremely fast water boys. Maybe the fastest ball boys we've ever had, too. So watch out for that.

I know little about Hibriten. What I do know is that you don't play nearly the caliber of teams SP has played the first month and half of the season. SP didn't fare too well in that opening part of the season either. I expect hibriten to be good. They are smart enough to have an offense that will work in Nov-Dec as SP does (Burns fans......SMH). So I think we will see a close game, but probably a pull away win for Hibriten if they can get loose on explosive plays. Do they have real speed???? I can't wait to find out. Speed vs. mountain and foothills teams isn't always legit speed- It's like winning a beauty pageant in small town Montana where the population is 28. Can't wait.

Last time you guys was pounding your chest with a Big South team coming up there we had your fans leaving in the 3rd quarter. Be careful what you wish for.
poor ole Forestview, I think you guys have won your conference like 2 times over the last 20 years,,,, lol my friend

Food for thought.....what if Pisgah and Tuscola were better than people were joking about? Wasn't Hibriten's regular season schedule comparable to theirs?

Reactions: cagle89
It's no "backhanded" way to promote Burns. Big plays win games. Us beating Huss has nothing to do with what I stated. Just like y'all losing to Huss after the fumble returned for a TD, a 14 point swing, doesn't have a thing to do with it. I'm just calling it like I see it that Hibriten is a super talented team. Every thread on here throughout the year has had people saying the same thing about Hibriten "who have they played". You will see first hand Friday night

I don't think anyone thought our 2013 team was unbeatable.
Also most of these post about Hibriten are coming from fans of teams that have played them. Obviously they were impressed.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Patsfball, I know I am off topic, subject matter here. I always wonder and have spoke with others about this if Matthew Williams would have been over at the school playing ball there. Helms, then Coach Hardin. Without getting into detail I know about the differences, certain people not getting along couldn't stand another person. But just what if?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT