ADVERTISEMENT

SP at Hibriten

raidertime

Aug 18, 2003
SP and Hibriten scrimmage often including this year. But the last time SP played at Hibriten was on a cold night in 1979 in the Western Finals. SP beat them 35-14 and went on to beat Ahoskie for the state championship the next week. Next week will be another cold Friday night and SP will face a very formidable Hibriten team. Can SP do it again?

Playing football in December is a good thing. Congrats to Hibriten, SP, Weddington, and Hickory Ridge.

Reactions: beamer24
Hannahs BBQ is a sit down restaurant but IMO smoking hogs has the best BBQ but its take out only. We had extra bleachers there tonight I'm sure we'll have them there next week as well. Going to be cold!
Flexbone vs Redbone.
I'm sure this thread will get interesting.:cool:

SP and Hibriten scrimmage often including this year. But the last time SP played at Hibriten was on a cold night in 1979 in the Western Finals. SP beat them 35-14 and went on to beat Ahoskie for the state championship the next week. Next week will be another cold Friday night and SP will face a very formidable Hibriten team. Can SP do it again?
Hey Raidertime,
I was on the sideline for Hibriten on that cold Friday night and I pretty sure you got that final score wrong. 28-21 South Point. So check your sources.

Hey Raidertime,
I was on the sideline for Hibriten on that cold Friday night and I pretty sure you got that final score wrong. 28-21 South Point. So check your sources.
Trainer, we are both wrong but you are much closer. It was 28-20. The next week we beat Ahoskie 34-13. Another note. SP only gave up double digit scores to 3 teams that year. 12 to KM who featured future NFL player Kevin Mack, 20 to Hibriten, and 13 to Ahoskie. SP was a great defensive team with an offense that relied on QB Jeff Williams. Offense only average 26 ppg which is low by SP historical standards. A lot of parallels, however it would be nice if Jeff came out of retirement. He would have killed it in the Redbone offense.

This Hibriten team is scary fast. They are 'real". They are good size on the lines and are very physical. We knew going in that their offense would score. What surprised me more for the most part, is how good their defense is.

I love my pals from South Point, but you are about to line up against a well oiled machine. They execute their offense precisely. Best wishes for a safe trip up and back Belmontians!!!

This Hibriten team is scary fast. They are 'real". They are good size on the lines and are very physical. We knew going in that their offense would score. What surprised me more for the most part, is how good their defense is.

I love my pals from South Point, but you are about to line up against a well oiled machine. They execute their offense precisely. Best wishes for a safe trip up and back Belmontians!!!
Falcon, we definitely know that we are visiting a very, very good team. WR and SP have both had deep playoff runs and know there are no easy games by the time you reach the regional finals.

Reactions: frifalcon
Falcon, we definitely know that we are visiting a very, very good team. WR and SP have both had deep playoff runs and know there are no easy games by the time you reach the regional finals.

You are correct. Good luck!!

We just hope the Falcons left enough deep bruises on the Panthers that we can target. We will add the ones below the knees. ;)

We just hope the Falcons left enough deep bruises on the Panthers that we can target. We will add the ones below the knees. ;)

Sasha, we left some bruises on them, as they left some on us as well. I am not sure that the bruises we left on them will be enough. They are deep on the sideline..............

South Point uses a lot of cut blocks and people always whine about it Sasha was just playing into that narrative.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Sasha you are condoning dirty play? Wow
No, I dont think that is the case. At least I didn't take that as condoning anything. Since it appears you are looking for bulletin board material let me provide you some. We keep hearing, and I mean year after year after year, how literally unbeatable Hibriten is. With all those marquis athletes how many state titles do you have? How many appearances in a title game? Either in 2AA or 3A? Looking through the archives of the NCHSAA, I saw that SP has several, in a couple different divisions. Although I am no particular fan of either school, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. OK, if this Hibriten squad is THE one, as compared to all the others, how about showing it this time, huh? I would advise bringing the very best "unbeatable" team you have ever fielded to stay with this SP team, let alone beat them.

Reactions: sparta1
Mule thanks for your lovely insight as always. Take a long walk on a short pier and get back to us in 2017.

I thought that was a well thought out article suitable for publication in the Hibriten locker room. What do you think?

No, I dont think that is the case. At least I didn't take that as condoning anything. Since it appears you are looking for bulletin board material let me provide you some. We keep hearing, and I mean year after year after year, how literally unbeatable Hibriten is. With all those marquis athletes how many state titles do you have? How many appearances in a title game? Either in 2AA or 3A? Looking through the archives of the NCHSAA, I saw that SP has several, in a couple different divisions. Although I am no particular fan of either school, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. OK, if this Hibriten squad is THE one, as compared to all the others, how about showing it this time, huh? I would advise bringing the very best "unbeatable" team you have ever fielded to stay with this SP team, let alone beat them.
south point every year says that they are unbeatable yet they get beat.

Everybody "gets beat." SP can blow their own horn as loud as anybody, but from time to time, they actually can back it up. (if the NCHSAA archives are any indication at all.) And THAT'S the difference. I truly believe both Tuscola and Pisgah saw and played the 2016 state 3a champions in SP. If I am wrong, I will certainly be here to say so.

Picking on Sasha? Hibriten teaches the correct way to block as does South Point. If you really run the ball , you have to !

Reactions: hoodaddy
South Point has been here before. Their kids know what this game is all about. They played in states last year. That means something. I haven't seen South Point play this year. I just know their tradition.
Hibriten I have seen first hand. They are big. I mean their lbs and Dbs are big. When you have size and speed on the 2nd and 3rd levels that's special. Obviously both teams are well coached. They run the same systems too. Scout teams this week should give great looks. This game could come down to special teams. Should be a lot of fun. Great seasons for both programs. A lot to be proud of.

I like both clubs and would love to see this game but a little western final in Shelby will get my attention

Good luck to both ...

Love

South Points Daddy! Lol

PS: Beamer GDG said for me to tell you he wants to meet you Friday he's coming to yalls game I believe ! Couldn't send this himself since he is banned ! Ha ha ....

I like both clubs and would love to see this game but a little western final in Shelby will get my attention

Good luck to both ...

Love

South Points Daddy! Lol

PS: Beamer GDG said for me to tell you he wants to meet you Friday he's coming to yalls game I believe ! Couldn't send this himself since he is banned ! Ha ha ....
Ok I'll send him a message on CP. Good luck to the lions.

This will be a good game game both Teams are very good. It could. Come down who makes least mistakes prediction HHS 28 SP 21

After watching some film, box scores, and reviewing roster, I am impressed with this Hibriten team. Nice blend of size, speed, and athleticism. That along with home field advantage will mean that SP needs to bring the A game. Turnovers, or special team errors. Simmons will likely rate the Panthers a TD favorite. Most variables favor the Panthers but history and coaching are variables in favor of the Raiders.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Was just reading Deanna's article on how the Bakers Dozen did this week. List includes the top 25 3A teams, but something seemed to be missing. Remaining in the 3A playoffs is Number 1 Hibriten, Number 4 Havelock, Number 7 Rocky Mount, and another unidentified team who has handily beaten number 8 and 9 and HM Crest by a combined score of 114-18.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Was hoping to see this match up. the way these offenses work, this game will be over before 8:30. Halftime may be the longest part lol. after have seen both teams play, they are both excellent and Hibriten is fast! they look very good on O and their D isn't bad, they don't shoot themselves in the foot and I think they will win this game. 35 -21

Where are all the 7 on 7 champions this week?

This game will be decided in the trenches, as every real football game should be. ML and Clay Lewis are 2 of the best offensive line coaches in the State. It is way cool that both are head coaches. Aaaahh, real football!

You pretty boys hang on to the football, and not ruin a great game!

Where are all the 7 on 7 champions this week?

This game will be decided in the trenches, as every real football game should be. ML and Clay Lewis are 2 of the best offensive line coaches in the State. It is way cool that both are head coaches. Aaaahh, real football!

You pretty boys hang on to the football, and not ruin a great game!
Amen. I'll take Mickey over anybody as an O-line coach. Go Big Red!

Mounties you would understand it better if you were not so far below the elete to know how it works at the top. Most all teams in the regional finals and championship level are very good. We win some and lose some against the best of the best. I suggest you continue to focus on Pisgah each year because that will be your only championship.

Reactions: patsfball
[QUOTE="Hibriten is fast! they look very good on O and their D isn't bad," [/QUOTE]

Hibriten's "D" better be a WHOLE LOT better than "not bad." SP has played better opponents, and their defense is TOP NOTCH. IMO the strength of their team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT