ADVERTISEMENT

Sign of the times???

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Dillon he does have a good chance of winning a state championship and pine crest no chance
i don't think that is number one on his list. Kid is looking for scholarship offers! I wonder if he will be welcomed back if he returns to Pinecrest because I don't see a season happening in SC. My son has friends that play in the Myrtle area and it sounds like NC - No plan just hoping!

Devilmac99, you are correct. If people think SC will play and NC cont they are mistaken. SC is just being more aggressive, but under the same issues as NC. If there is no clear cut plan on what to do with infected players, ample testing, and what to do with exposed/quarantine players there will be no season. Major college conferences with millions of dollars at stake can;t agree on what to do, and the potential liability.

The youth leagues, states, and colleges are waiting on someone to be the bad guy and just do it first regardless of the consequences. We may just have to live with COVID at some point and keep pushing, but right no its too scary an option for most.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Georgia School District Quarantines Over 850 Students, Teachers After Reopening for Six Days

Nepsy! Now imagine 20 were infected football players and had played a game. Do you know quarantine the other team? The rest of the team and football players? How long? Do you forfeit their season? How would schedule work now if you removed said team for 10-14 days. How often should they be retested? If you test positive is your season over? Is said school liable for players that become affected after initial infection? No way to do this safely unlss everyone agrees to just play w/o care.

Nepsy! Now imagine 20 were infected football players and had played a game. Do you know quarantine the other team? The rest of the team and football players? How long? Do you forfeit their season? How would schedule work now if you removed said team for 10-14 days. How often should they be retested? If you test positive is your season over? Is said school liable for players that become affected after initial infection? No way to do this safely unlss everyone agrees to just play w/o care.
A lot of people are making it about their personal concerns, and how it will effect them being entertained and giving them an opportunity to trash who they don’t like politically. This virus does not care about where you play football, ACC, SEC, Div II, or 3. If you’re a Republican, Democrat or Independent. If you play public or private. It’s here to stay, until we start collectively as a nation start taking it serious.

A lot of people are making it about their personal concerns, and how it will effect them being entertained and giving them an opportunity to trash who they don’t like politically. This virus does not care about where you play football, ACC, SEC, Div II, or 3. If you’re a Republican, Democrat or Independent. If you play public or private. It’s here to stay, until we start collectively as a nation start taking it serious.

Are the these Colleges still having young adults on campus for school or are they all going virtual. Schools like the Big 10 don’t you think they would be safer with there team.Maybe people would stay at the house more on weekends to watch the games.

Are the these Colleges still having young adults on campus for school or are they all going virtual. Schools like the Big 10 don’t you think they would be safer with there team.Maybe people would stay at the house more on weekends to watch the games.

My thought also. So being on campus and in football facilities is safe but the actual games are where the virus will spread? If you feel it should be shut down, you should actually shut the whole thing down.

My thought also. So being on campus and in football facilities is safe but the actual games are where the virus will spread? If you feel it should be shut down, you should actually shut the whole thing down.

I understand smaller schools. They don’t have the resources. There was no reason to make decisions now. Let them practice and get checked like they are. If by September 26th if things get worse the SEC will cancel and I bet the ACC would to. I have season tickets to Tennessee. I’m would be fine not going and no fans. Sit at the house and watch on the TV.

I understand smaller schools. They don’t have the resources. There was no reason to make decisions now. Let them practice and get checked like they are. If by September 26th if things get worse the SEC will cancel and I bet the ACC would to. I have season tickets to Tennessee. I’m would be fine not going and no fans. Sit at the house and watch on the TV.

Agree. Pac 12 just cancelled sports for all of 2020....in August.

Are a lot of schools going virtual vs being on campus?

Are a lot of schools going virtual vs being on campus?

Talked to a bunch of people attending ECU and UNC that had physical classes today. Not every class is offered online. Tens of thousands of kids were just put on campuses this past 2 weekends but let's cancel football games and basketball seasons (in august).

Talked to a bunch of people attending ECU and UNC that had physical classes today. Not every class is offered online. Tens of thousands of kids were just put on campuses this past 2 weekends but let's cancel football games and basketball seasons (in august).

It was move in day at App St starting yesterday.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS

I kind of thought they would kick it 2-3 more weeks. Some numbers just now seem to start turning. Thought they get less flack if they do that.

The potential liability is what the Presidents of these schools look at and they are scared as heck if a kid gets sick and dies in the name of football. Part of being a leader is to mitigate and reduce risk. Probably most kids will be fine but all it takes is one. It sucks - I believe no one will play this fall in college and if they do as Nepsy said I give it 2-3 games. Some of this could have been avoided if this country would have taken this serious from the get go!

The potential liability is what the Presidents of these schools look at and they are scared as heck if a kid gets sick and dies in the name of football. Part of being a leader is to mitigate and reduce risk. Probably most kids will be fine but all it takes is one. It sucks - I believe no one will play this fall in college and if they do as Nepsy said I give it 2-3 games. Some of this could have been avoided if this country would have taken this serious from the get go!

My opinion was more High School, not making it through the season. I felt college programs had the resources and finances to complete a conference only season. That's not looking good either. I'm just going with prayer now.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
My opinion was more High School, not making it through the season. I felt college programs had the resources and finances to complete a conference only season. That's not looking good either. I'm just going with prayer now.
Got it I think it applies to both unless these schools go bubble. when those girls get back on campus all bets are off man.

Reactions: nepsy7
Like shutting down travel from China?
One thing he did the guy is the leader of the biggest shit show to ever hit this country in recent memory. Hope is not a plan. Also, a lot of the virus that hit the east coast early came from European travelers so blame China I'm ok with that but the response has been horse shit on so many levels. 2020 has been a disaster hopefully some good news coming soon!

Last edited:
Just saw that there were 838 college football games on the schedule a few weeks ago. Right now there are 393 remaining for fall.

Got this in a text.

EfPEirlXYAEujBp

Great move by the NCHSAA. Give the guys a firm state date and the ability to play this year. Its a win win IMHO, while getting a good gripe on this virus.

Great move by the NCHSAA. Give the guys a firm state date and the ability to play this year. Its a win win IMHO, while getting a good gripe on this virus.

Do you think they even considered the the weather in WNC in February and March. How many games might get cancelled because of snow.

Do you think they even considered the the weather in WNC in February and March. How many games might get cancelled because of snow.

It was probably a small consideration, but most likely they considered the 2021 season, rest for players, players opting not to play, not back to back to back seasons on athletic departments, potential virus effects, not playing a true spring season, giving injured/hurt players that do decide to play time to heal/rest before college. Think it was considered, but way down the list.

Also bad weather football would be great for mountain teams. A distinct advantage.

Last edited:
Guys be honest,the government is now telling all of us how to go about our daily lives. In every aspect at that. We have enough common sense to be careful do right thing. If one party gets it's way,it will be down 6-8 more months. Most of this is political.

Guys be honest,the government is now telling all of us how to go about our daily lives. In every aspect at that. We have enough common sense to be careful do right thing. If one party gets it's way,it will be down 6-8 more months. Most of this is political.
Sweet Jesus Man! That’s a little over the top. If we would’ve taken this Virus seriously like other countries. I would’ve been vacationing in St.Petersburg FL, and putting my High School & College Football schedule together.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Sweet Jesus Man! That’s a little over the top. If we would’ve taken this Virus seriously like other countries. I would’ve been vacationing in St.Petersburg FL, and putting my High School & College Football schedule together.
Some folks cannot be helped. I have a guy that i truly consider a friend but he has gone on this stupid ass gov't conspiracy train. I cannot even talk to him because what he says is just so damn asinine and he believes this all to beat 45. 45 F'd this up from the get go. No one blames him for the virus but the response has been a shit show. I have not worked in 7 months and you think I don't want this to go away! I wish he would have been proactive instead of saying stupid shit like drinking bleach and placing UV light inside people. No one can justify this administrations response and be taken seriously!

Some folks cannot be helped. I have a guy that i truly consider a friend but he has gone on this stupid ass gov't conspiracy train. I cannot even talk to him because what he says is just so damn asinine and he believes this all to beat 45. 45 F'd this up from the get go. No one blames him for the virus but the response has been a shit show. I have not worked in 7 months and you think I don't want this to go away! I wish he would have been proactive instead of saying stupid shit like drinking bleach and placing UV light inside people. No one can justify this administrations response and be taken seriously!
Careful devilmac. You’ll have four or five posters reaching out to QAnon to get your true identity so they can have a contract put on your head. You’ll be labeled a syphilitic, Satanistic pedophiliac who vacations on Epstein’s island.

1500 people died yesterday. CDC director says we are headed to the worst fall health crisis in the history of this country.

Yup...its just political.

Reactions: nepsy7

Political? Ok, you and common sense should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT