Clinton vs Reidsville for the Ship

Who wins?

• Clinton

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
#10 kept Clinton in the game and their run game was effective between the 20s but less so in the red zone, but looked gassed on defense and got zero pressure on QB Lee.
Real hero was Jariel Cobb who kept the chains moving and the solid Clinton D guessing. Lee’s play action TDs followed the path opened by the Ram OL and Cobb. Sorry to have missed seeing the prime Darkhorse receiver.

Congrats to Clinton on a solid season. When there are only four championships available, things get tough and the war of attrition sets in. Reidsville was graced with no significant injuries late in the year. Glad we got healed up and ready when some fans were pressing for injured players to come back early and the games looked rocky. Those rocky times built character and confidence for the Rams who had the look of never being in doubt if yesterday’s outcome.

Last edited:
The missed PI was bad. The first holding against 8 was a little ticky tack. I can see why they threw the flag. I watched the game when I got home. The whistle didn't blow until after Kendre had the ball Cobbs second td was bs holding. Cobbs strip looked good live but they didn't reshow it.
After 12 hours to think about it, I have the following thoughts
1. Clinton is a big team. Biggest we've played.
2. Their run game is boring but effective.
3. I do not understand why they didn't take the ball first? They got down 7 early.
4. Didn't understand 3 man front. All didn't get pressured often
5. Was surprised we were able to run as well as we did. Cobb ran angry!
6. Clinton will hit you hard
7. I don't understand why Clinton didn't try to throw more?
8. Clinton brought the whole town
9. QB didn't look comfortable when he did drop back.
10. In my humble opinion, the penalties didn't beat Clinton. One dimensional Offense and no answer for our receivers and run game, along with the poise of AL Lee was the difference maker.
💯 respect for Clinton coaches, fans and especially players. Great season.

#2 injury in spite of Dark Horse fans claim did hurt their O. But I still see Reidsville winning, this year.
Reidsville also lost its top returning RB when Redd was injured in pre-season. He was team's leading rusher last year and leading rusher in last year's state championship game. Good to see No. 6 with jersey on and on the sideline and not on crutches Saturday. He stayed with the team the whole way.

I know it's a lot different when you lose a key playmaker late in the season (as Clinton did), but the loss of Redd still needs mentioning.

Reidsville also lost its top returning RB when Redd was injured in pre-season. He was team's leading rusher last year and leading rusher in last year's state championship game. Good to see No. 6 with jersey on and on the sideline and not on crutches Saturday. He stayed with the team the whole way.

I know it's a lot different when you lose a key playmaker late in the season (as Clinton did), but the loss of Redd still needs mentioning.

Yeah, cause redd is also really good on defense

Reactions: Rammer16
Penalties:
Clinton 12 for 87 yards
Reidsville 10 for 57 (2 TDs called back)

Only turnover was the mishandled kickoff return that Reidsville didn't take advantage of.

Reidsville turned the ball over on downs three times in the red zone:
2nd quarter at the 8
3rd quarter at the 9
4th quarter at the 11

Actually a fourth time when they reached the 10 in the final minute before going into victory formation.

That's a credit to the Clinton defense for stopping the Rams short of the end zone three times.
Reidsville had a very very good team and it looks like they will hav very good team next year.
I’ll make a prediction: it will be Reidsville vs Northeastern next year for the championship. Go ahead and mark it down. I’m pretty sure about this!

Last edited:
The traffic situation was abysmal. Following the directions from Wade avenue put me in a dead standstill 30 minutes before the game. They were putting up cones blocking and discouraging parking at pnc arena. After hardly moving for 30 minutes we turned into pnc arena parking despite security saying it would be $40 to park there. Never saw anyone taking up money so we parked closest to the stadium and walked over just in time to miss the first 5 plays. How the heck they handle the crowd for a Wolfpack game I will never understand. Must have underestimated the crowd.
Poor management by the NCHSAA putting the game there (and I’m a State fan and relished the DarkHorses playing at CF) but putting it there with two shows at the PNC, they knew that in advance
A one dimensional team was not going to beat us 😂😂

As a Reidsville fan seeing both teams. I think BunkerHill is best team we've played this year. They have more of an offense then running a 260 lb guy up the middle.
If you thought that was all the offense Clinton had avaiable you don’t know what you’re talking about. It was the game plan that you’re confused about.

As a Reidsville fan seeing both teams. I think BunkerHill is best team we've played this year. They have more of an offense then running a 260 lb guy up the middle.
I know your offense is your bread an butter.But giving up over 300 yards rushing is something to be proud of

Shots have been fired....

Chris is a nice guy that knows his stuff and has done a lot for NC High School football. But that ranking was a head scratcher. He wasnt far off, but that was like ranking Nebraska behind FSU in 95 with all the Huskers returned that year.

Reidsville had a very very good team and it looks like they will hav very good team next year.
I’ll make a prediction: it will be Reidsville vs Nirtheastern next year for the championship. Go ahead and mark it down. I’m pretty sure about this!
Like you were pretty sure Clinton would win state and we see how that turned out😂😂😂😂 with your transfer U school.

Chris is a nice guy that knows his stuff and has done a lot for NC High School football. But that ranking was a head scratcher. He wasnt far off, but that was like ranking Nebraska behind FSU in 95 with all the Huskers returned that year.
ahh ok, I was thinking to myself Chris made Frank Lost Password almost lose composure.

Disagreement is good

The missed PI was bad. The first holding against 8 was a little ticky tack. I can see why they threw the flag. I watched the game when I got home. The whistle didn't blow until after Kendre had the ball Cobbs second td was bs holding. Cobbs strip looked good live but they didn't reshow it.
3. I do not understand why they didn't take the ball first? They got down 7 early.
10. In my humble opinion, the penalties didn't beat Clinton. One dimensional Offense and no answer for our receivers and run game, along with the poise of AL Lee was the difference maker.
Honest assessment.

#8 Clinton brought the whole town. I think they did ! The police stayed I reckon but alot of them led a motorcade leaving town. This community has always been very very passionate about DarkHorse football.

Reactions: kingbluedevil

Where were we ranked? Wasn’t it 8th at one point

Looking at stats for MA and Tarboro the Vikings got 3 first downs. Crazy
Anyone got the final stats or is there a link somewhere?
First Downs: Clinton 15, Reidsville 21
Rushing yards: Clinton 234, Reidsville 180
Passing yards: Clinton 80, Reidsville 258
Total yards: Clinton 314, Reidsville 438
Offensive plays: Clinton 41, Reidsville 62
Time of Possession: Clinton 25:14, Reidsville 22:46
Turnovers: Clinton 1, Reidsville 0
Penalties-Yards: Clinton 12-87, Reidsville 10-57

Unusual that Reidsville ran 21 more plays but had less possession time.

Some individual numbers:
Clinton rushing:
Williams 16 carries for 75 yards, Blackwell 11 carries for 49 yards, Robinson 8 carries for 110 yards.
Reidsville rushing: Cobb 24 carries for 145 yards, Lee 5 carries for 46 yards.
Clinton passing: Blackwell 3 of 6, 80 yards, 1 TD
Reidsville passing: Lee 18 of 27, 258 yards, 4 TDs
Clinton receiving: Evans 1-38, Kenan 1-25, Williams 1-17, TD
Reidsville receiving: Neal 7-97, 1 TD; Harrison 5-95, 2 TD; Jones 2-49, 1 TD; Flippen 4-17.

Reactions: RamPride192
Whole mule, Clinton threw the ball a whole lot this year, there were just factors that wasn’t in the game plan. Ask our 15 opponents
Well, how much is a "whole lot?" How many were just extensions of running plays in the flat or bubble screens, (which is essentially the same thing as a pitch?) Even so, they changed what got them to where they were? And did they change their pass defense scheme as well for this game?

^ Not me. Mistaken for some one else that pays attention. No idea who either is… I was drinking a bit of the Clinton koolaid as I am pretty uninformed about all the teams. Just saying. That was a beatdown. Score much closer than the game.

Last edited:
how much is a "whole lot?" How many were just extensions of running plays in the flat or bubble screens, (which is essentially the same thing as a pitch?) Even so, they changed what got them to where they were? And did they change their pass defense scheme as well for this game? s.
nt
You just havent watched very many of Clinton's games, this you're really not qualfied to make those statements.

Y'all been finished playing football for a month now. You need to hush
Hows the basketball been going at ED, yall had about a 1 month head start!
Don’t you just love it when a program finally wins a football championship and now their fans are experts, and pout because they only have that one remmberance.
ED is loaded with a bunch of haters and a community. envious by the fact that apparently no one wants to transfer to Beaulaville. Hey, this is 2023, not 1983,Schools all over this state are loaded with transfer students. Reisdville admitted so themselves, so if a player wants to go to a better school at a better program in a better community , more power to them. WELCOME to our communiy!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT