ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs South Pointe, SC. Veterans Appreciation Night

Voted the top BBQ in North Carolina

Exactly.I believe if we are able to come back and tie the game they make a movie about this game. Honestly that was a incredible 2nd half effort by the Lions.
Thats the kind of 2nd half that might have awoken the Lion.
Poor Cherryville covid might be a better option than the beating there getting ready to take.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
I was at the game and sat on the visitors side. The chirping I heard in the first half quickly turned to concern in the second half. As usual Shelby did a remarkable job making halftime adjustments. Did anyone else notice SPe stayed behind the end zone during the half. Not until just before the whistle did the coaches gather the team. I have no idea what was said but it must have been something along the lines of we’ve got this. I was surprised at the lack of discipline on the sideline throughout the game. Including the penalty on the sideline as well as numerous players coming over to the stands, talking to friends and family.

SPe is big, fast and talented but the lack of coaching and discipline will catch up with them against teams of equal or greater size and talent. Just my two cents.

Yeah we noticed it too, also the taunting on field they were doing during game, which no calls were made, pointing at score board etc
A few breaks on 4th down Shelby could have easily been one to make them pay.

I was at the game and sat on the visitors side. The chirping I heard in the first half quickly turned to concern in the second half. As usual Shelby did a remarkable job making halftime adjustments. Did anyone else notice SPe stayed behind the end zone during the half. Not until just before the whistle did the coaches gather the team. I have no idea what was said but it must have been something along the lines of we’ve got this. I was surprised at the lack of discipline on the sideline throughout the game. Including the penalty on the sideline as well as numerous players coming over to the stands, talking to friends and family.

SPe is big, fast and talented but the lack of coaching and discipline will catch up with them against teams of equal or greater size and talent. Just my two cents.
I noticed them walking to the end zone before half and didn’t think nothing of it as I have seen several teams this year just stay on the field… But like you said they really never gathered as a team until very late which surprised me as well since honestly the game could of been a lot closer then the scoreboard at the time… I really believe they all thought the 2nd half was going to be more of the same and they could just come back out and play and be headed back to Rock Hill with the W

Reactions: beamer24
I noticed them walking to the end zone before half and didn’t think nothing of it as I have seen several teams this year just stay on the field… But like you said they really never gathered as a team until very late which surprised me as well since honestly the game could of been a lot closer then the scoreboard at the time… I really believe they all thought the 2nd half was going to be more of the same and they could just come back out and play and be headed back to Rock Hill with the W

Yeah we noticed it too, also the taunting on field they were doing during game, which no calls were made, pointing at score board etc
A few breaks on 4th down Shelby could have easily been one to make them pay.
They’re gonna get punched in the mouth in the playoffs.

I thought the same thing

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Shelby lost
103-0 to Asheville in 1913
100-0 to Charlotte Bairds in 1920
59-0 to NC State Freshman team in 1923
69-0 to Charlotte in 1929
52-0 to Charlotte in 1930
53-0 to Morganton in 1935

Since 1935 I couldn't find anybody scoring more than 49 against Shelby until South Pointe's 51...

www.shelbyhighfootball.com

The most impressive stat I read in the follow up article to the game. Friday was only the 3rd time in Shelby HS history that they gave up 50+ points in a game. Pretty impressive!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: beamer24 and UNC91
How many would like to see a rematch for next year. I think would be great if it could happen.

Shelby lost
103-0 to Asheville in 1913
100-0 to Charlotte Bairds in 1920
59-0 to NC State Freshman team in 1923
69-0 to Charlotte in 1929
52-0 to Charlotte in 1930
53-0 to Morganton in 1935

Since 1935 I couldn't find anybody scoring more than 49 against Shelby until South Pointe's 51...

www.shelbyhighfootball.com
Shelbyfan1 were you at that Asheville game ? LOL

Reactions: UNC91

Was it slippery out there, like was the ground wet/moist? Both teams looked like they had problems holding the ball, especially after the snap.

At 15:03 SPe player said Shelby was talking trash all week.... I thought to myself "not surprised, like the little dog barking inside the fence"

Good game still :)

Last edited:
Was it slippery out there, like was the ground wet/moist? Both teams looked like they had problems holding the ball, especially after the snap.

At 15:03 SPe player said Shelby was talking trash all week.... I thought to myself "not surprised, like the little dog barking inside the fence"

Good game still :)
Yeah, they didn’t hold back at that 15:03 mark. I like that, though. I’m sure there was some chirping from both sides during the week. Good sportsmanship was shown after the game, and that’s always good to see. I had to work Friday., and followed someone’s live stream on Facebook. These post game videos are always dope and detailed, too. I saw our quarterback mishandled some snaps, and wondered was his hands small or something, but seeing the pressure he was under all game, it was probably just “nerves”. He’s normally as cool as a cucumber, though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT