ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs South Pointe, SC. Veterans Appreciation Night

shelbystatman

Oct 2, 2004
We will have Veterans Appreciation at the Shelby/South Pointe, SC game at Shelby High School. American Legion Post 82 will be assisting. We will have a table set up on the home side and visitor side. We are asking that all Veterans attending the game, please sign in, with your branch of service, at the tables as you enter the stadium. The Post 82 Honor Guard will be presenting the colors before the National Anthem. We will have American Legion (Post, Auxiliary, Sons of the American Legion, & Legion Riders) membership information and we will have information for Wreaths Across America that Post 82 will be participating in again this Christmas.

Last edited:
I hope y’all also do a moment of silence or something for those 13 men n woman who were killed in Afghanistan if haven’t done so
I saw one high school team the other night running out with 13 American Flags. Being the father of a Marine son who had multiple deployments to Afghanistan I believe these young men who lost their lives last week should without a doubt be honored this week.Veterans should be allowed in free.And do not forget the 9/11 Anniversary Saturday.

I saw one high school team the other night running out with 13 American Flags. Being the father of a Marine son who had multiple deployments to Afghanistan I believe these young men who lost their lives last week should without a doubt be honored this week.Veterans should be allowed in free.And do not forget the 9/11 Anniversary Saturday.
One of our local teams here in AZ did 13 flags , I seen a school fold 13 flags n have them seated n such so I’m sure many will hopefully do something

If you would, Help spread the word in your area about the Veterans Appreciation. We will be honoring all Veterans who attend. Thank you.
I went ahead and posted this on our Booster Facebook page that is used a lot… Hope you don’t mind

Just read on the 3A board this game has been cancelled by Hibriten. WOW. This after Crest went to all the trouble to move their game with North Gaston up to Friday. I hope Shelby can find a replacement opponent.

Is that fact?? Game is canceled? Any Shelbyville fans comment on this ?

You guys must be deep in program, it was canceled like 30 mins before that post went up.
Cause I talked to coach Wilbanks and said so we aren't playing and he wanted to know who told me, I said I saw it on Preps, he said he had hoped to tell kids in am before it got out....lol
News travels fast

You guys must be deep in program, it was canceled like 30 mins before that post went up.
Cause I talked to coach Wilbanks and said so we aren't playing and he wanted to know who told me, I said I saw it on Preps, he said he had hoped to tell kids in am before it got out....lol
News travels fast
It was posted on our Facebook page before I started commenting or posting but I do have children affiliated with HHS… It’s really sad as quite a few were looking forward to the opportunity to play/cheer this week after already missing 1 game!!

Yes my daughter is a mini on cheer squad, this was our 1st home game, due to Crest canceled last week too, but remake is Oct 8,
I'm just hoping we can get a replacement on short notice

Cherokee's game against Roman was cancelled call up the braves and see if they want to play.

I watched South Pointe (4a) play Abbeville this year and Abbeville is 2a in SC. Abbeville beat South Pointe very easily. South Pointe runs the wing T now. I believe South Pointe will give us all we want.

I don’t see where they lost? They are ranked pretty highly in sc

I don’t see where they lost? They are ranked pretty highly in sc
Right! Smh… They beat Northwestern, a Northwestern team who has blown out its two other opponents. We could seriously get blown off the field, but we will benefit from playing this caliber of opponent, regardless.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
With the way this season is shaping up, I’m beginning to think the coaches are willing to play anyone just to get a game and some reps in, rather than sitting idle from week to week. I feel badly for youth, and nothing being normal, whether it’s simply going to school, or playing sports.

SP may have dropped off but Coach LittleJohn is one of the best OC who went from Nc to Sc ! They have a great staff too with some good talent! SP is no push over and SP will play tough to the end

SP may have dropped off but Coach LittleJohn is one of the best OC who went from Nc to Sc ! They have a great staff too with some good talent! SP is no push over and SP will play tough to the end
That’s big time SC football, regardless. I don’t have dude’s level of expectations. Just compete and improve…..He must think South Point is comparable to AC Reynolds, who we struggled mightily against.

Right! Smh… They beat Northwestern, a Northwestern team who has blown out its two other opponents. We could seriously get blown off the field, but we will benefit from playing this caliber of opponent, regardless.
Hope you guys win. You won’t play a better team. I’m jealous wish we got a game like this

Abbeville beat South Point NC.
South Pointe RH has only played 1 game in Northwestern...

With the way this season is shaping up, I’m beginning to think the coaches are willing to play anyone just to get a game and some reps in, rather than sitting idle from week to week. I feel badly for youth, and nothing being normal, whether it’s simply going to school, or playing sports.

LA, you are correct, talking to coach last night, last week after Crest said they couldn't play fri, he put it out on a coaches message board, that covers NC nobody would call, and there were some teams without games, now it could be travel problems etc.
But last night he told me, we have to play this week,so like u said it's down to play who u can and try getting biggest gate possible if u can.

Reactions: Lion Attack
If they running the wing T Shelby gonna eat them up and you no it😂😂

Reactions: Lion Attack
LA, you are correct, talking to coach last night, last week after Crest said they couldn't play fri, he put it out on a coaches message board, that covers NC nobody would call, and there were some teams without games, now it could be travel problems etc.
But last night he told me, we have to play this week,so like u said it's down to play who u can and try getting biggest gate possible if u can.
I think me and the family still going to come down for the day and visit the daughter at GWU and come to the game... Also taking my Senior in HS to Columbia for college visit Saturday so need to head south still anyhow l!! Looking forward to my first trip to Shelby!! Will do my part to help out on the gate return

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT