ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs South Pointe, SC. Veterans Appreciation Night

Don't nobody, like Chopper....say that SP had there subs in..Shelby out played them in 2nd half, just gave them two much in 1st half.
Short field, dumb mistakes cost us in 1st half..
Loved way our boys kept fighting...
Feel bad for Cherryville next week

Last edited:
Don't nobody, like Chopper....say that SP had there subs in..Shelby out played them in 2nd have, just gave them two much in 1st half.
Short field, dumb mistakes cost us in 1st half..
Loved way our boys kept fighting...
Feel bad for Cherryville next week
2nd half and you gave up FIFTY ONE points

Played to much short field...
SP kicker really good.
No pressure on Qb, I'm 56 and I could have sat back there and completed passes like thoses

Reactions: UNC91
Don't feel bad, you have company in the dust pan. SC had a sweep tonight over NC

Daniel smoked Hendersonville

North Myrtle Beach dragged WRH

Gaffney rolled over Mallard Creek

Yeah I kept up with scores on here, I really dont feel bad, I know not many 2a schools that will be able to hang...
I'm just happy we didn't lay down, boys kept fighting till end..
Moral victory? Yes prob...u got to play best to get better. Km, Ac and South Pointe, that's pretty good test so far

I didn’t see this post in time but next time you go to a game at Shelby go to Alston Bridges BBQ. It’s on your way and it’s my preference.
I hope it's better than Red Bridges BBQ? Went thru Shelby a few weeks ago for work and stopped there after it was recommended. Pretty much the biggest letdown of my life...

Looking for place to eat before game. Found Bridges BBQ Lodge, any different recommendations or info appreciated
Voted the top BBQ in North Carolina
Instant classic never count out them boys from Shelbyville
Exactly.I believe if we are able to come back and tie the game they make a movie about this game. Honestly that was a incredible 2nd half effort by the Lions.

If you are coming from Lenoir and down 18 into Shelby

In Fallston the Honey Hog (BBQ) is very good (long wait) a few miles south of Honey Hog is Nannies Chicken Champ and fish camp( Huge chicken sandwiches and the best Cheese Kurds around)(same owners of Honey Hog) You will run into Alston Bridges BBQ when you get into Shelby (Good choice) then the chain burger, chicken choices etc the rest of the way

Uptown Shelby you have good choices like Pleasant City (Woodfired pizzas) Toscanos (Italian dishes, pizza etc) and Shelby Cafe (Home cooked food) The Red Bridges is on 74 east of the high school...

Hope this helps...
Hell i live here and you just made me hungry . :)

Reactions: Maiden Creek
You couldn't count on one hand regardless of classification 5 schools beating South Pointe from NC. It's crazy little powerhouse shelby had a chance late against a school twice the size and talented as any around these parts. I said it would be similar to those Gaffney/Shelby games from years ago. Not suprised South Pointe won and not suprised Shelby made them earn it.

That Catholic/Blessed Trinity(Georgia) game went under the radar. Haven't seen anybody beat Catholic like that since the Weddington game.

Even though most were losses, I love these out of state games.

If that defense from the middle of the 3rd quarter on shows up the rest of the year everybody better look out. They were blowing up SP, and we won't see anyone near that level of talent the rest of the year. Anyone notice that coincided with when they put Maliki back at DE. Might be onto something if they stick with it. Now if we can just get some blocking from the O line, though that was an extremely good defense from SP. Number 92 on the D line was a beast and their DB's played straight up man and were quick as crap. We've got to start being able to run the ball to help out Dylan poor kid took a beating last light but kept getting up. Major proud of how our Lions kept fighting that experience will serve them well somewhere down the road this year.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT