ADVERTISEMENT

Score Updates

I think cherokee, swain, and murphy could be in 3 way tie for first? Would tie be broken by rpi?

I think cherokee, swain, and murphy could be in 3 way tie for first? Would tie be broken by rpi?
4.1.12 Tiebreaking Procedure: All parts of this procedure are mandatory. The steps should be followed in the or-
der as they appear in the procedure.
(a) Determining Conference Standings: These rules apply for determining the final regular season
standings in any sport in which a conference awards its conference championship on the basis of
regular season competition.
(1) The conference standings shall be determined on the basis of the percentage of conference
games won by each team at the end of the regular season, based on conference regulations
and subject to the tiebreaking procedure which follows. The team finishing in first place
shall be recognized as the conference champion; if a tie exists for first place, then conference
co-champions, tri-champions, etc., shall be declared.
(2) If two or more teams have equal conference percentages at the end of the season, the team
that has the edge in head-to-head competition will get the higher place in the standings. All
conference games played against each other would count in the head-to-head competition.
The intent is to break the tie by using the tied teams.
Ex. 1: If there is a four-way tie for first and Team A and Team B are 2-1 while Team C and
Team D are 1-2, in games among the four of them, A and B would be tied for first by
virtue of their 2-1, with C and D tied for third. Then look at head-to-head between the
two (A and B) to break that tie, and then between the other two (C and D) to break
that remaining tie.
Ex. 2: Teams A, B and C are tied for fourth in the conference standings with identical records.
In games among the three, A was 3-1, B was 2-2 and C was 1-3. The tie is broken; A is
fourth, B is fifth and C sixth.
(3) Any time throughout the whole procedure that a multiple tie is reduced to two teams, no
matter what criteria is being used, use head-to-head conference competition between those
remaining if possible.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Good greif! It's funny all we here is y'all blah blah blah but when another school is talked about we thumping our chest. SMH
Come on man. Lighten up a little. I dont begrudge anyone who wants to talk about their team and I have had several civil discourses with the Tarboro guys about the east. But if you want to get all serious about the SMC then I can tell you that you wont find another conference with a more passionate fanbase. Its in our blood and goes back ages. When our little towns get together on Friday nights to play football it MEANS SOMETHING to most of us folks. We are mountain. You will hear us roar. And we are built different.

I meant in the future panther dad...obviously I know they are not tied for first right now....so if cherokee beats swain....swain beats murphy.....3 way tie. Who gets 1 seed? Old mountaineer thanks for posting but after reading that I still don't know who would get 1 seed but then again I wasn't the smartest in school lol

Posting on the internet is the only thing there is to do west of Asheville. Good thing their government representatives are ensuring they'll never see broadband internet.

Posting on the internet is the only thing there is to do west of Asheville. Good thing their government representatives are ensuring they'll never see broadband internet.
What an incredibly prejudice thing to say. I guess all of us toothless cousin f*ckers will just have to whittle sticks on our porches, waiting on the TVA to flood our valleys some more for the benefit of those more enlightened folk down in the flat country.

Last I checked, Bakersville isn't west of Asheville 😁
Draw a line North to South. It's west of Asheville. And seriously, it's a tired old trope man. Maybe you should look into the history of why the Appalachian Americans have consistently voted red since the 1930's. Your precious democrats put out a smear campaign about the ignorant and uncivilized "mountain man", creating the ugly stereotype of the "hillbilly". All in order for them to take advantage of our abundant natural resources, and to flood our ancestors homes and valleys, strip our land of trees, coal, gold, silver, mica, feldspar, and precious stones. They exploited us for cheap labor, told us we were inferior, and made the entire nation believe it, and it still persists to this day. F*ck you, and f*ck anyone else who holds your prejudice beliefs.

Seriously guys? It's northeast of Asheville.

Bakersville Longitude: 82.1587° W
Asheville Longitude: 82.5515° W

Take a joke. This didn't even have anything to do with either of you. Other than knocking heads with you both a few times I've never had nothing but respect for either of you.

At least the governor of NC doesn't call people you love filth or your county commissioners sit and whine over a Coke machine all summer.

Last edited:

Take a joke. This didn't even have anything to do with either of you. Other than knocking heads with you both a few times I've never had nothing but respect for either of you.

At least the governor of NC doesn't call people you love filth or your county commissioners sit and whine over a Coke machine all summer.
Nope. The jokes not funny. Hasn't been for 90 years. Maybe to you, but not to us.

I disagree I actually lean to the right with these people but football is my passion just like there's yes there is alot of Mt Airy faithful that swings the bat to the right in fact about 75 per cent especially after the cluster that's going on now

And you didn't know the town you live in is east of the biggest city in western NC. Come on man.

I'm not trying to crack you guys.
Well there’s longitude and latitude but if you live here you know you’re a hour north west of Asheville via 19-23 hwy. and your dumbarse governor still doesn’t know where that road is

Longitude is west and east and latitude is north and south. You are Northeast of Asheville! What is so hard about that? It's basic geography. Seriously pull both towns up on a map.

It's the governor of our state. Not "my" governor.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdavis31
Man what is going on around here tonight? East Surry fan? Some people really have been convinced to believe in whatever they want whether it's true or not. From directions to fandom.

If he is a East fan how do we say it we love him but really we don't and if he's a Democrat we don't like him but really we do I got i dear let's pretend

For Hayesville the issue like many other posters have always stated is line play. They don't have any to speak of and get bullied all up and down the field. The skill players are there though. They do have SOME talent but just nothing to back it up with. So until such a time they can figure out the trenches then yeah they'll be easy.
If any team in the SMC sleeps on Hayesville like Mitchell slept on Andeews you might not like the outcome, good line or bad line any fri night either team can win if they're revved up enough, I make an early prediction Cherokee wins the Smc?

I bet you're wearing a mask right now 🤣

Great people don't make hateful and derogatory comments about others.
I will say this thunderstruck I dont know your politics and honestly dont care our nation is in real trouble, Libs have us in more debt than we will ever get out of, everything is crazy upside down, anybody who thinks this administration is ok needs to be on a double dose of meds, the left is wicked steer clear, now back to football, that's coming from a former Democrat who had sense enough to get while the getting is good

Don't act like Republicans aren't responsible for the debt as well. They have no issue with it when they're in power.

This isn't about politics. It's about being a decent human being and calling people filth or making racist derogatory comments isn't being a good person and those people shouldn't be in charge and I will not accept that type of behavior from any leader. Someone can thump their Bible all they want but when vile remarks fly from their mouth it makes them a hypocrite.

I'll leave it there because it doesn't matter what I say, you'll continue to turn a cheek to the hatefulness of the Mark Robinsons of the world as they continue to sell fear, doom, and gloom.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT