ADVERTISEMENT

RICHMOND - HighSchoolOT Makes a Big Fat Bold Statement

Nothing bold RC will be good just how good? However, they don't scare anyone that has a program (not team)!

Reactions: viper12
Nothing bold RC will be good just how good? However, they don't scare anyone that has a program (not team)!
Nothing Bold at all. It’s just a Bold statement to those who wouldn’t understand and I’ll leave it at that.

Nothing to be scared of until someone makes a statement. Then it become shocking

East or West
Looks like Richmond is ahead of the game
never been impressed with players in shorts and hats. Take a few to the chin and then I will make my assessment. RC still plays a finesse brand of football and it shows when they meet men in the trenches. despite beating SC last year a often injured Smiley ran for a buck 99. Shore up that defensive line and they might just make some real noise!

That Quarterback is the biggest secret. Faster, Stronger, Slinger. No one is quite aware of whats inside this program...........

Lets not forget the incoming freshmen Linton kid. 6’4’’ 275lbs and still growing. The Davis kid 6’5 297lbs and still growing. There are a lot of seeds that havebeen planted. Sounds like an unstoppable set of kids this year. Even the seeds under the cement are coming through the cracks.......

Matthew 13:5
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

I wouldn’t sleep on Richmond. They have a lot of talent returning and it appears the talent pool is returning to its old form

I wouldn’t sleep on Richmond. They have a lot of talent returning and it appears the talent pool is returning to its old form
Their is a core of people on this board who thinks the Raiders get out coached in the playoffs and some think that they play a “soft” brand of football. That’s why they say the Raiders are irrelevant now. I don’t agree myself. Haters gonna hate regardless! Outta here!

Their is a core of people on this board who thinks the Raiders get out coached in the playoffs and some think that they play a “soft” brand of football. That’s why they say the Raiders are irrelevant now. I don’t agree myself. Haters gonna hate regardless! Outta here!
LMDAO!!!!!

Richmond played Butler & Wake Forest non-conference. What's soft about those 2 teams? They also play in a tough conference. They couldn't stop one of the top passing teams in the State last year MP during the playoffs. Them in 13 other teams, they were in good company. Hate them for what? Who are these core of people on the board and who is they?

Last edited:
Ive only been to Raider Nation once in my life. That was back in 1981. Does the Raider Marching Band still play an outgoing tune or two for the visitors after the game?

Whos attending "The 1st Dead Week"?
Raider-Field.jpg

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
Richmond played Butler & Wake Forest non-conference. They also play in a tough conference. What's soft about those 2 teams? They couldn't stop one of the top passing teams in the State last year MP during the playoffs. They were in good company. Hate them for what? Who are these core of people on the board?
I’m talking to you! When I said soft I wasn’t talking about our opponents! Y’all think the Raiders as a team are soft! Y’all think the coaches are dipsticks and the fans are worse. If the Raiders would win a state title this year you would say well the west bracket was not very good or the Raiders got lucky like y’all said in 2008.Our win loss record is 490-110-5 over 46 years. That’s 10.5 wins a season bro! Multiple NFL players from Raider country. So yes thats aimed at you and some others. “You don’t have to ride the Raider train for 2019 but ya sure better watch out for it!”

I’m talking to you! When I said soft I wasn’t talking about our opponents! Y’all think the Raiders as a team are soft! Y’all think the coaches are dipsticks and the fans are worse. If the Raiders would win a state title this year you would say well the west bracket was not very good or the Raiders got lucky like y’all said in 2008.Our win loss record is 490-110-5 over 46 years. That’s 10.5 wins a season bro! Multiple NFL players from Raider country. So yes thats aimed at you and some others. “You don’t have to ride the Raider train for 2019 but ya sure better watch out for it!”

You definitely weren't talking to me and Ya'll is some imaginary people you've made up in your head. Richmond is doing what everyone in NC is trying to do. Get Better! Outside of a few Scotland guys. Everyone in NC gives Richmond Props. You can't find a post where I've made derogatory remarks about the program. You're confusing facts with slander. Big difference. Nice attempt to create a us against the world. It didn't work though. CARRY ON! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
never been impressed with players in shorts and hats. Take a few to the chin and then I will make my assessment. RC still plays a finesse brand of football and it shows when they meet men in the trenches. despite beating SC last year a often injured Smiley ran for a buck 99. Shore up that defensive line and they might just make some real noise!
Smiley did in fact run for a buck 99. Scots still lost by 15.

You definitely weren't talking to me and Ya'll is some imaginary people you've made up in your head. Richmond is doing what everyone in NC is trying to do. Get Better! Outside of a few Scotland guys. Everyone in NC gives Richmond Props. You can't find a post where I've made derogatory remarks about the program. You're confusing facts with slander. Big difference. Nice attempt to create a us against the world. It didn't work though. CARRY ON! :)
Isn’t it a coincidence that you spoke after I made the comment about “core “group of people on this board. You knew I was talking about you! You just a Raider hater and always have been. I’m going to play 18 and have a drink!

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
Isn’t it a coincidence that you spoke after I made the comment about “core “group of people on this board. You knew I was talking about you! You just a Raider hater and always have been. I’m going to play 18 and have a drink!

Nope! Wrong guy. Richmond was the beginning of setting the bar for NC Football. You're doing a horrible job of convincing yourself, that me or any other group of people dislike Richmond. We talk football here, so enjoy your Strawberry Daiquiri. & putt putt.

Last edited:
Nope! Wrong guy. Richmond was the beginning of setting the bar for NC Football. You're doing a horrible job of convincing yourself, that me or any other group of people dislike Richmond. We talk football here, so enjoy your cocktail & putt putt.
1 beer,2pars,1 birdie so far. Go drink your haterade!

Y'all better be glad y'all only had one make it into the "2019 Pre-Season All-State Football Team". One more and someone would have ripped a new hole in your rear end.
WHAT?? I’m actually surprised Hood was even mentioned. I’m waiting for the 2019 Pre-season All-State ham & eggers team.

Richmond was the beginning of setting the bar for NC Football.

Modern era (post 1972 or 1977 depending on how you determine that) I would probably give Page the nod. Won four in six years and three straight with one being a co-champ. Used the passing attack much more than the norm had been for most teams.

Modern era (post 1972 or 1977 depending on how you determine that) I would probably give Page the nod. Won four in six years and three straight with one being a co-champ. Used the passing attack much more than the norm had been for most teams.
What years was Todd Ellis the QB at Page?Was it just before 1988?

Wasn't Ellis QB of the team that tied for the Championship? Think he was but not 100%
Yes they tied 71st which beat the Scotland team I played on in the Eastern Finals. One of the best HS teams I have ever seen was that 71st teams. No superstars but everybody was good. Not a bad player in their top 30. About 11 kids played in college. Mostly Div IAA but 2 players were D1. James Singletary and MIke Jones were first team All-state on defense. The great Bobby Poss was the coach.

Raiders faired well at the Power Ade 7on7. They was 5-2 today. Two losses coming in the final seconds. They beat 6a state champion Oakland Tenn in the last game of the day. Good job keep working

Reactions: Ben-Badd and nepsy7
RAIDERS was 0-2 today and out of the tournament. Is it time for real football yet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT