ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville vs. Shelby in third round of 2-A West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
According the Raleigh News & Observer ... here are the 2-A and 2-AA playoff projections:

2AA East

1-East Duplin vs 16-Washington; 8-Bunn vs 9-Richlands

4-Randleman vs 13-Roanoke Rapids; 5-West Craven vs 12-Clinton

3-South Granville vs 14-T.W. Andrews; 6-Ledford vs 11-Cummings

2-North Davidson vs 15-St. Pauls; 7-Nash Central vs 10-Anson County

2AA West

1-South Point vs 16-Bandys; 8-Patton vs 9-West Stokes

4-Mount Pleasant vs 13-Smoky Mountain; 5-Newton-Conover vs 12-East Lincoln

3-Franklin vs 14-Forest Hills; 6-Wilkes Central vs 11-Pisgah

2-Hibriten vs 15-West Iredell; 7-Maiden vs 10-Foard

2A East

1-Northeastern vs 16-James Kenan; 8-Kinston vs 9-First Flight

4-Wallace-Rose Hill vs 13-Beddingfield; 5-East Bladen vs 12-Hertford County

3-Southwest Onslow vs 14-Warren County; 6-Ayden-Grifton vs 11-Farmville Central

2-SouthWest Edgecombe vs 15-Trask; 7-Bertie vs 10-Greene Central

2A West

1-Reidsville vs 16-Lexington; 8-Salisbury vs 9-Whiteville

4-South Columbus vs 13-Red Springs; 5-Shelby vs 12-Brevard

3-North Surry vs 14-Lincolnton; 6-Hendersonville vs 11-East Montgomery

2-Mountain Heritage vs 15-North Wilkes; 7-Wheatmore vs 10-East Rutherford

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/high-school/article173890566.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
these projections are based on last years ADM numbers...so who knows for sure?? we will not know until first of nov...................

also you need to know that the projection for Shelby to meet Reidsville in the 3rd round at Reidsville is based on the assumption that South Point will beat Shelby in the last game of regular season.....If Shelby wins that game they would likely get #1 seed in West (based on maxpreps ranking)...Reidsville would get #2 seed and could possibly play AT Shelby in the 4th round (Regional finals)......still a lot of ball to be played before all that could come to pass...............

I was told the other day that Shelby would have a adm of just over 900 this year. Now I didn't hear it first hand so take it with a grain of salt

Shelby a #5 seed? No way they should be a number one unless proven otherwise. Rock Hill South Pointe South Carolina is ranked #17 in the nation not the state but the nation and only beat Shelby by 25. I’m not a Shelby fan but wow someone is going to have a wake up call because they going back to State period

Shelby a #5 seed? No way they should be a number one unless proven otherwise. Rock Hill South Pointe South Carolina is ranked #17 in the nation not the state but the nation and only beat Shelby by 25. I’m not a Shelby fan but wow someone is going to have a wake up call because they going back to State period
This is just a projection - the writer was predicting a loss to Belmont SP.

These predictions are based of last years ADM. I have been told since September Shelby is 2AA this year. I’ve heard numbers all over the place. Their principal came out and stated a number awhile back on radio. Been hearing that 4/5 teams that are predicted for playoffs at 2AA will drop down before Shelby does. This is by folks who work around and see this stuff. We will all see soon.

These predictions are based of last years ADM. I have been told since September Shelby is 2AA this year. I’ve heard numbers all over the place. Their principal came out and stated a number awhile back on radio. Been hearing that 4/5 teams that are predicted for playoffs at 2AA will drop down before Shelby does. This is by folks who work around and see this stuff. We will all see soon.
ADM numbers eagerly anticipated.

I'm telling you all. This "drive for 5" drivel is very problematic for the "paper lions". Either way they go there will be gunslingers aiming at them.

I said it a while back but the Reidsville and Shelby thing is dead Reidsville is getting smaller by the minute while Shelby is growing we will never be in the same playoff bracket again Shelby close to 200 more students than us now.

If Shelby loses to South Point, they will finish second in their conference and will be seeded after all of the conference champions in 2A/AA. Hence, no better than a #5 seed in this instance.

If Shelby beats South Point, they will be seeded #1 in either 2AA or 2A.

I said it a while back but the Reidsville and Shelby thing is dead Reidsville is getting smaller by the minute while Shelby is growing we will never be in the same playoff bracket again Shelby close to 200 more students than us now.
Ever driven down the main drag in Shelby?
You would never guess it's a 2-A size town. Population more than 20,000.

Reactions: Rammer16
shelbyfan1...how does that 901 stack up with last years numbers for the Lions??
52 more students. I remember us having just 5 more students than Lincolnton who obviously went 2A last season.

Last edited:
All by design;)
Not you, I’m generalizing, but they will say what you posted, then, on the flip side, they’ll say, “No one wants to go to Shelby”, because the inner city goes there, once you read through the bs, totally contradicting themselves.

Not you, I’m generalizing, but they will say what you posted, then, on the flip side, they’ll say, “No one wants to go to go Shelby”, because the inner city goes there, once you read through the bs, totally contradicting themselves.

Please? The Shelby High School district map looks like an octopus having an epileptic seizure.

Please? The Shelby High School district map looks like an octopus having an epileptic seizure.
Got to moderate the Black attendance in Cleveland County, balance it out, or Shelby would have become a predominantly Black school, at the very least, Blacks become the majority at SHS.

Last edited:
According the Raleigh News & Observer ... here are the 2-A and 2-AA playoff projections:

2AA East

1-East Duplin vs 16-Washington; 8-Bunn vs 9-Richlands

4-Randleman vs 13-Roanoke Rapids; 5-West Craven vs 12-Clinton

3-South Granville vs 14-T.W. Andrews; 6-Ledford vs 11-Cummings

2-North Davidson vs 15-St. Pauls; 7-Nash Central vs 10-Anson County

2AA West

1-South Point vs 16-Bandys; 8-Patton vs 9-West Stokes

4-Mount Pleasant vs 13-Smoky Mountain; 5-Newton-Conover vs 12-East Lincoln

3-Franklin vs 14-Forest Hills; 6-Wilkes Central vs 11-Pisgah

2-Hibriten vs 15-West Iredell; 7-Maiden vs 10-Foard

2A East

1-Northeastern vs 16-James Kenan; 8-Kinston vs 9-First Flight

4-Wallace-Rose Hill vs 13-Beddingfield; 5-East Bladen vs 12-Hertford County

3-Southwest Onslow vs 14-Warren County; 6-Ayden-Grifton vs 11-Farmville Central

2-SouthWest Edgecombe vs 15-Trask; 7-Bertie vs 10-Greene Central

2A West

1-Reidsville vs 16-Lexington; 8-Salisbury vs 9-Whiteville

4-South Columbus vs 13-Red Springs; 5-Shelby vs 12-Brevard

3-North Surry vs 14-Lincolnton; 6-Hendersonville vs 11-East Montgomery

2-Mountain Heritage vs 15-North Wilkes; 7-Wheatmore vs 10-East Rutherford

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/high-school/article173890566.html#storylink=cpy
Just a question, how is N.Surry seeded ahead of South Columbus?

Raleigh paper has South Columbus in the West. If that happens, it really will be out of wack

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT