ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville vs. Shelby in third round of 2-A West?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that short QB you had that year he picked us apart. Tough kid.

Don't know if it was an accident but sure enough had it
It could very well happen. We are usually right on the line as far as East/West. It will depend on ADM's and who gets the last few playoff spots. I heard if Shelby goes 2AA we go East, so it comes down to just a handful of teams.

I make that trip all the time since I have a condo at Cherry Grove, SC..lol...Not worried about Reidsville making that trip..you guys maybe...Are y'all gonna 2A or 2AA??....I know last year you were 2A..........................

Would be nice seems like past few times we play either Madison Polk county hendersonville first few rounds wouldn't mind seeing someone else besides same ol teams

I make that trip all the time since I have a condo at Cherry Grove, SC..lol...Not worried about Reidsville making that trip..you guys maybe...Are y'all gonna 2A or 2AA??....I know last year you were 2A..........................
We will 100% be 2A

It's a mistake for us to be seeded below N.Surry. We are undefeated and ranked higher in Max Preps.

It's a mistake for us to be seeded below N.Surry. We are undefeated and ranked higher in Max Preps.
If you win your conference then you will be seeded higher than N. Surry.

Thing I remember most about the '98 game was South Columbus had rushed for about a zillion yards the week before playing Reidsville, setting a national record of some type. And two of the SCHS players being ejected from the game due to their frustration.

Last edited:
That game was in 1998 Mule........Rams winning 37-7 at South Columbus....Josh Duncan was the QB for Reidsville..........Victor Slade, big fullback and D lineman had a monster game....The next week Reidsville defeated Clinton 34-33 at Reidsville to end Dark Horses chances of a 3 peat as state champions...................

That game was in 1998 Mule........Rams winning 37-7 at South Columbus....Josh Duncan was the QB for Reidsville..........Victor Slade, big fullback and D lineman had a monster game....The next week Reidsville defeated Clinton 34-33 at Reidsville to end Dark Horses chances of a 3 peat as state champions...................
Correct. Mistype.

Also remember the late and great E.W. Massey and his cowbells celebrating the Rams victory all night long.

By beating top seeded S Columbus, we leapfrogged Clinton (Darkhorse fans are still bitter about that seeding process) and got to play them in Reidsville. Then we made the trip down to Tarboro and tanked.

S. Columbus coaches said in the paper they wouldn't even punt against Reidsville. We saw how that turned out!!

If you win your conference then you will be seeded higher than N. Surry.

Thing I remember most about the '98 game was South Columbus had rushed for about a zillion yards the week before playing Reidsville, setting a national record of some type. And two of the SCHS players being ejected from the game due to their frustration.
Yep that was certainly a low point for our program. That was the first time any of our kids behaved that way and the last. They where a group that came in and started as Freshman and where looking forward to another chance to avenge a couple of losses to Clinton in the playoffs, that combined with their last game not turning out as they hoped resulted in that embarrassment.

I saw the papers from that area at the time and don't remember SC coaches saying anything like that......can't speak to what the players (doubtful) or fans (more likely) said..............

I saw the papers from that area at the time and don't remember SC coaches saying anything like that......can't speak to what the players (doubtful) or fans (more likely) said..............
Exactly. Players knew better than to say something like that before the game. If that had happened it would have had to have been a fan, and all fan bases have a few looney tunes.

Reactions: rambbq
Hey FBC
How many State Titles did Reidsville win in the 90's?.....waiting....
How many in the 80's?.....still waiting.....
71 to 79?...tired of waiting.
Zero...for 31 straight recent years.
6 Titles in 7 appearances since 1970. All since 2001.
Indy won 7 of 8 since 2000.
Robbinsville. Richmond Senior.
Both better. Even Crest has 6 out of 9 since 1993.
How is it you claim "football capital" again? With a book?
And a homer in Raleigh?
Oh, yes. One more.
Shelby.
12 Titles in 17 appearances since 1970. Equally spread over the last 45 years.
Not even close.

Just the name of a book, an opinion. Why are you so hung up on our opinion 72? The book has a lot of awesome history, but what makes it even better is that mere mention of it gets you taking the bait and all riled up for going on 20 years. I love it every time you react in rage. How many more times you going to be reeled in? .... waiting ....

Facts are facts, though, 19 state titles.
Congrats to Shelby on theirs. Great accomplishments, all.

Once again, I'm not sure who pulled your chain this morning. Couple of facts that any other school in the state would kill to have but you continue to stir the pot.

Since 1947, Shelby has won 16 titles. That's one title per 4.3 years.
Since 1930, Reidsville has won 19 titles. That's one title in every 4.5 years.
I don't think you'll hear anyone other than you arguing who has a better program. Both programs are the envy of the State.
Worry about SP.

Reactions: beamer24
Hey FBC
How many State Titles did Reidsville win in the 90's?.....waiting....
How many in the 80's?.....still waiting.....
71 to 79?...tired of waiting.
Zero...for 31 straight recent years.
6 Titles in 7 appearances since 1970. All since 2001.
Indy won 7 of 8 since 2000.
Robbinsville. Richmond Senior.
Both better. Even Crest has 6 out of 9 since 1993.
How is it you claim "football capital" again? With a book?
And a homer in Raleigh?
Oh, yes. One more.
Shelby.
12 Titles in 17 appearances since 1970. Equally spread over the last 45 years.
Not even close.
Still counting those Pee Wee League "titles" Champ 98/72/XX?

Guess you forgot to mention that for over 60 years your greatest team in the history of the world played Big Fish in Little Pond WNCHSAA and racked up all those "titles" without having to play in the real state association, the NCHSAA.

Guess the stress of facing getting beat in Belmont Friday is getting a little too much to handle. Sleeping much lately?

Football Capital of N.C. !!!!
Reeling you in 72 ... Hook, Line and Sinker.

Yall leave poor 72 alone.

He is working hard setting up janitor shifts and elementary school field trips to Shelby on ADM day to help boast their number.

You Reidsville guys start the thread.
Then you call us out.
Then you bring up the book, and the bogus fake claim.
Then we respond, as we always will, to tell the truth and set the record straight.
You are not the "capital" of anything.
You would not even be emboldened to run your mouths had you not avoided Shelby last season, cakewalked through your regular season and playoffs to defeat for the title a team that could not even execute a punting game.
And it counts the same as a 2AA title won by a Shelby team that shutout the eventual 3A champion and defeated the two time defending 3AA champion IN THE REGULAR SEASON. A team that finished with a playoff run against the defending 2AA champion (who beat the eventual 3AA champion), and two others, all of which competed with such large 3A numbers that they cleared the realignment up to 3A when many small 3A dropped to 2A.
Think about that a minute.
That list of team accomplishments in one season will never again be duplicated.
And they never trailed in a game all season.
But Reidsville's title counts the same.
As it should.
You attempt, once again, to discredit WNCHSAA titles, yet NCHSAA title teams have lost in the same season to "also-ran" WNCHSAA teams that failed to make it's playoffs.
But, they count.
As they should.
Former WNCHSAA member programs have emerged as strong or stronger than NCHSAA members pre-merger.
There are those in your own camp that acknowledge multiple associations result in multiple champions. All equal.
As they are.
But you can't help yourselves.
And you cowardly avoid the glaring 31 straight recent seasons with not even an appearance.
Reidsville was dominant before 1970, with most titles before facemasks, as they avoided perhaps the better 3A WNCHSAA.
Shelby's performance since 1970 is unmatched in NC and dwarfs Reidsville's.
Don't make us do this again.

That’s always your argument that Shelby plays all these slightly above average 3A teams. News flash 3A is not that great and all of the really good 2A teams would beat these 3A teams shelby beats in the regular season

Reactions: Frank Lost Password
You Reidsville guys start the thread.
Then you call us out.
Then you bring up the book, and the bogus fake claim.
Then we respond, as we always will, to tell the truth and set the record straight.
You are not the "capital" of anything.
You would not even be emboldened to run your mouths had you not avoided Shelby last season, cakewalked through your regular season and playoffs to defeat for the title a team that could not even execute a punting game.
And it counts the same as a 2AA title won by a Shelby team that shutout the eventual 3A champion and defeated the two time defending 3AA champion IN THE REGULAR SEASON. A team that finished with a playoff run against the defending 2AA champion (who beat the eventual 3AA champion), and two others, all of which competed with such large 3A numbers that they cleared the realignment up to 3A when many small 3A dropped to 2A.
Think about that a minute.
That list of team accomplishments in one season will never again be duplicated.
And they never trailed in a game all season.
But Reidsville's title counts the same.
As it should.
You attempt, once again, to discredit WNCHSAA titles, yet NCHSAA title teams have lost in the same season to "also-ran" WNCHSAA teams that failed to make it's playoffs.
But, they count.
As they should.
Former WNCHSAA member programs have emerged as strong or stronger than NCHSAA members pre-merger.
There are those in your own camp that acknowledge multiple associations result in multiple champions. All equal.
As they are.
But you can't help yourselves.
And you cowardly avoid the glaring 31 straight recent seasons with not even an appearance.
Reidsville was dominant before 1970, with most titles before facemasks, as they avoided perhaps the better 3A WNCHSAA.
Shelby's performance since 1970 is unmatched in NC and dwarfs Reidsville's.
Don't make us do this again.
Like fishing in a barrel! Too easy.
Let me cast another line: Football Capital of N.C. Can we get another bite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT