ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE #1, CLINTON #2, NE #3 SEEDS

yeah that was in 1993 when the Rams were undefeated and had to play on the road 2nd and 3rd round - (3A).....but turn about is fair play because in 1998 undefeated Clinton had to come to Reidsville in 3rd round (2A).............that bottom top line of bracket seeding was the craziest thing the NCHSAA ever came up with....

Reactions: dogs79
Some of those eastern 2AA teams better be glad East Duplin didnt make it. Im not sure anyone of those would want to see the Panthers at this stage of the season.

Yes they finished at 3-4, but have wins over Wallace-Rose Hill and destroyed Hertford County 52-9 last week. Lost to Clinton by 1 when they were stopped on a 2pt conversion with about 3:00 left. 4 losses by a total of 14 points and two of the teams they lost to (Princeton and Clinton) are undefeated!

Most years they would be peaking at the right time. Really believe they would make a run in that 2aa bracket

Reactions: UNC91
It’s the playoff nobody got a win till they actually win. I predict 2 top seeds get drop off this Friday

You guys are killin Wiz’s premise. He’s all butt hurt the the East isn’t represented in certain polls and here you guys are in the East tellin us how weak that side of the 2AA bracket is. Goob seems to be the only one over there that believes in his guys. I predict another year of Western domination in championship games this year. Probably at least 6 out of the 8 divisions.

yeah that was in 1993 when the Rams were undefeated and had to play on the road 2nd and 3rd round - (3A).....but turn about is fair play because in 1998 undefeated Clinton had to come to Reidsville in 3rd round (2A).............that bottom top line of bracket seeding was the craziest thing the NCHSAA ever came up with....
the craziest rule they and on my for a year was when the let a team inherit the seed if you defeats a higher seeded tream

You guys are killin Wiz’s premise. He’s all butt hurt the the East isn’t represented in certain polls and here you guys are in the East tellin us how weak that side of the 2AA bracket is. Goob seems to be the only one over there that believes in his guys. I predict another year of Western domination in championship games this year. Probably at least 6 out of the 8 divisions.
2AA and 1A in the east are both terrible. I wouldnt argue 6 out of 8 come from the west (7 if Reidsville wins).

Recent history shows based on championship game results the better football teams are in the west. Dont need polls or strength of schedule stats to show that.

You guys are killin Wiz’s premise. He’s all butt hurt the the East isn’t represented in certain polls and here you guys are in the East tellin us how weak that side of the 2AA bracket is. Goob seems to be the only one over there that believes in his guys. I predict another year of Western domination in championship games this year. Probably at least 6 out of the 8 divisions. B/S

@SPRaiders78 , Northeastern is the team to beat. I've watched #2 Clinton,#1 Reidsville,Wrh,Swo, and Kinston. Out of those teams Im most concerned with Kinston.This is my honest opinion, not trying to belittle anyone's team. NE has an extremely tough 1st Rd game but if we can pull off the upset then I like our chances to capture the 2a east. I just didn't think Clinton or Wrh looked good Friday night. The one player I was impressed with was #9 for Wrh, that kid can ball. Reidsville is legit but in all honesty they don't look invincible like most of their posters are making them out to be. Hopefully we get a shot against Reidsville but I think Swo might have something to say. Swo is going there to win, not to put up a good fight. This is their opportunity to shock the state of NC hsfb, and they may just do it.😉

2AA and 1A in the east are both terrible. I wouldnt argue 6 out of 8 come from the west (7 if Reidsville wins).

Recent history shows based on championship game results the better football teams are in the west. Dont need polls or strength of schedule stats to show that.
Well, the facts are that the team with the highest power rating at the end of the regular season almost always takes home the State Champions trophy.

And the power ratings don't care whether a team in East or West.

Check it out.

@SPRaiders78 , Northeastern is the team to beat. I've watched #2 Clinton,#1 Reidsville,Wrh,Swo, and Kinston. Out of those teams Im most concerned with Kinston.This is my honest opinion, not trying to belittle anyone's team. NE has an extremely tough 1st Rd game but if we can pull off the upset then I like our chances to capture the 2a east. I just didn't think Clinton or Wrh looked good Friday night. The one player I was impressed with was #9 for Wrh, that kid can ball. Reidsville is legit but in all honesty they don't look invincible like most of their posters are making them out to be. Hopefully we get a shot against Reidsville but I think Swo might have something to say. Swo is going there to win, not to put up a good fight. This is their opportunity to shock the state of NC hsfb, and they may just do it.😉
I just hope you are not a betting man. You would have to paint about half of the vehicles in Elizabeth City to recoup your losses if you bet on SW Onslow to beat Reidsville.

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob

Unless Reidsville "runs up the middle" every play, SWO isn't shocking anybody.

By the way Wiz it’s fine that you quote my posts. I feel honored that you feel the need. Your little B/S addition to my quote ain’t really cool. Your addition as you know should had been placed outside the quote box.

I just hope you are not a betting man. You would have to paint about half of the vehicles in Elizabeth City to recoup your losses if you bet on SW Onslow to beat Reidsville.
I respect Reidsville, just look at any of my older posts. I see some of their posters saying this is their best team ever. From the two games I watched on NFHS Network I couldn't tell. That team we played last year in Winston Salem seemed to be a lot better.

He watched that Cummings game. I would come out that game thinking the same thing
This is correct, I wasn't blown away by Reidsville and actually thought Cummings was beating their own selves for a lot of the game. That score should've been much closer.I know every year at Northeastern we have that wtf game. The only difference is we almost always lose a game or two where as Reidsville, well all y'all do is Win,Win,Win no matter what!!!!

This is correct, I wasn't blown away by Reidsville and actually thought Cummings was beating their own selves for a lot of the game. That score should've been much closer.I know every year at Northeastern we have that wtf game. The only difference is we almost always lose a game or two where as Reidsville, well all y'all do is Win,Win,Win no matter what!!!!

That game was pretty bad. But we looked much better against a better team the next week. I’m not overly concerned. We looked worse against Cummings last year.

I respect Reidsville, just look at any of my older posts. I see some of their posters saying this is their best team ever. From the two games I watched on NFHS Network I couldn't tell. That team we played last year in Winston Salem seemed to be a lot better.

I personally don't believe this reidsville team is the best ever, far from it but they are a solid team. FYI this is the same team you played last year in WS for the most part, they are just seniors now.

Reactions: daagoob
I personally don't believe this reidsville team is the best ever, far from it but they are a solid team. FYI this is the same team you played last year in WS for the most part, they are just seniors now.
Didn't you guys have a really good back? Canada or something like that

Breon is playing at at different level. Think he would have gotten some more big time offers. Pinnix is also better. Not the best reidsville team ever, but if they win states you gotta put them in conversation. Going through this east then a possible matchup with Shelby

Breon is playing at at different level. Think he would have gotten some more big time offers. Pinnix is also better. Not the best reidsville team ever, but if they win states you gotta put them in conversation. Going through this east then a possible matchup with Shelby

If they run the table this year on those teams you can put them in the conversation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT