ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE #1, CLINTON #2, NE #3 SEEDS

That was the year before in 18, lionel long was last year, this year it's stevian. We have been blessed to have a senior rb step up each year and reload that spot for us
We look a lot different in the backfield as well. We have #5 Sr Juan Riddick who played in Winston Salem and we have a senior transfer from Plymouth who just signed with St Augustines. They are both pretty good.

Reactions: whitedynamite
Southwest loses to Clinton, Midway, ED and WRH this year if they played. They have played a schedule full of tomato cans that even Lou Holtz would have difficulty praising. No way they beat Reidsville. Ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: dogs79
I suspect a unc91 post soon😂
Probably and that's ok. I checked Simmons and all four were slotted ahead of Southwest with much more difficult schedules. They always like to play the "we are more physical than our opponent" card but yet they lost to a team that never throws a pass.

They play their 11 game 2020 schedule this spring instead of conference games only, they are a 7-4 team...maybe.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
Probably and that's ok. I checked Simmons and all four were slotted ahead of Southwest with much more difficult schedules. They always like to play the "we are more physical than our opponent" card but yet they lost to a team that never throws a pass.

They play their 11 game 2020 schedule this spring instead of conference games only, they are a 7-4 team...maybe.
I probably don't disagree. I just like to spice things up some. I don't believe half what I say. Now my thoughts on NE are really what I feel. Not just because I'm loyal to them, but because this season I've had the opportunity to watch the teams in the East that the pollsters had ranked ahead of us. No one,aside from myself up here thought we would've beaten SWE & Clinton in consecutive weeks on the road last season. It was an easy call in my eyes last year and I haven't seen anything to change my mind about NE chances of playing at Reidsville this year.

2AA and 1A in the east are both terrible. I wouldnt argue 6 out of 8 come from the west (7 if Reidsville wins).

Recent history shows based on championship game results the better football teams are in the west. Dont need polls or strength of schedule stats to show that.

Reidsville is in the East.

I realize that but I consider them a western team based on geography. They go back and forth depending on who is in.

Reactions: daagoob
I probably don't disagree. I just like to spice things up some. I don't believe half what I say. Now my thoughts on NE are really what I feel. Not just because I'm loyal to them, but because this season I've had the opportunity to watch the teams in the East that the pollsters had ranked ahead of us. No one,aside from myself up here thought we would've beaten SWE & Clinton in consecutive weeks on the road last season. It was an easy call in my eyes last year and I haven't seen anything to change my mind about NE chances of playing at Reidsville this year.

If you would’ve watched reidsville Cummings game last year you would have felt the same way.

Southwest loses to Clinton, Midway, ED and WRH this year if they played. They have played a schedule full of tomato cans that even Lou Holtz would have difficulty praising. No way they beat Reidsville. Ain't gonna happen.

Keep talking young buck

In my honest and humble opinion the fall 2016 was the best Reidsville team to date. Absolutely zero weakness. Defense, offense and special teams. The championship game was played against Lincolnton in the Western Semis. The fall 18 team was very close. Believe it or not, the fall 17 that lost to WRH was very good. I think this year's team is better than Fall 19 and it was a helluva team.
I honestly think East Surry will make it back to the finals and will probably play Tarboro again. Not sure of the result. Full schedule we would have played Morehead, Rockingham, Michael and My. Airy. I don't think they score against our Ones. Thomasville was scheduled but pulled out due to Covid. No chance they score.
Think what you want. Doesn't matter. I honestly think it's Reidsville vs Clinton or NE. Winner to face Shelby.
I watched the big kid from SWO this afternoon. Great size. Poor speed and footwork. Rankin, Floyd and Johnson will give him fits. Flim shows you run between the tackles... A lot! You better be able to throw it around the yard with a balanced running attack.
We'll see. That's why we line up on Friday night. What the hell do I know?

In my honest and humble opinion the fall 2016 was the best Reidsville team to date. Absolutely zero weakness. Defense, offense and special teams. The championship game was played against Lincolnton in the Western Semis. The fall 18 team was very close. Believe it or not, the fall 17 that lost to WRH was very good. I think this year's team is better than Fall 19 and it was a helluva team.
I honestly think East Surry will make it back to the finals and will probably play Tarboro again. Not sure of the result. Full schedule we would have played Morehead, Rockingham, Michael and My. Airy. I don't think they score against our Ones. Thomasville was scheduled but pulled out due to Covid. No chance they score.
Think what you want. Doesn't matter. I honestly think it's Reidsville vs Clinton or NE. Winner to face Shelby.
I watched the big kid from SWO this afternoon. Great size. Poor speed and footwork. Rankin, Floyd and Johnson will give him fits. Flim shows you run between the tackles... A lot! You better be able to throw it around the yard with a balanced running attack.
Perfect post, very well written 💯

Reactions: UNC91
Great team but if you was around 2002-2009 some of those teams would smoke them

Remember... Reidsville is one play away from being 4 for 4 playing for 5 in row. Shelby and Reidsville are the only programs in the state that put up those stats year in and out. (98 champion/True Dynasty). Cool your jets. I'm not taking anything away from Shelby. Can we be beat, absolutely. Do we have weakness, yes. Does everyone need to bring their A game against either program... Bet your ass you do!

I've talked to a lot of old heads. The 16 team was unreal. I'll admit the schedule wasn't what it was back then but the 16 was technically perfect. The difference was in special teams. I'll agree you may have had a position player better here or there. No question. When you look at every position. From QB to Kicker they did not have a single weakness. That team sent kids to App. State, UNC, WCU, Fayetteville State, Winston Salem State, Ferrum and Emory and Henry. We had several others capable.
I completely agree those programs were very very good. I just think the 16 team was the best!

I can attest to how good the 2016 team was. Very balanced, size and stretngth on both OL/DL, speed everywhere, QB was a leader, RB also played LB vs us in Winston and was player of the game. Coach Teague has had so many good teams over the years that each one of them deserves their own place in history. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs and stay safe.

I realize that but I consider them a western team based on geography. They go back and forth depending on who is in.
If you look at it on a map, or you can google driving distance from there to both Manteo and Murphy, you can't get any more central than Reidsville. That was my whole point of an earlier thread: there are 3 distinct regions of NC; Eastern/Coastal, Central/Piedmont, and Mountain/Western. Just b/c the playoffs get split from left to right on a map to limit travel time, "East/West" is not the best way to have a conversation about where the best football is played each year in N.C. Someone said earlier there were only 3 Eastern teams in a poll, which implies that the other 22 are in Western N.C. which is not not true, and that also gives short shrift to those teams in the Central/Piedmont region who do quite well on their own w/o being lumped in with teams in Western N.C. It's sorta like comparing North Carolina bbq to South Carolina's mustard-based bbq without recognizing that N.C. 'que has two distinct regional versions.
To me looking at the state's football prowess based on those 3 regions is an interesting and fun conversation, but certainly not an overly serious one. After all, these are 16-18 y/o boys we're talking about.

If you look at it on a map, or you can google driving distance from there to both Manteo and Murphy, you can't get any more central than Reidsville. That was my whole point of an earlier thread: there are 3 distinct regions of NC; Eastern/Coastal, Central/Piedmont, and Mountain/Western. Just b/c the playoffs get split from left to right on a map to limit travel time, "East/West" is not the best way to have a conversation about where the best football is played each year in N.C. Someone said earlier there were only 3 Eastern teams in a poll, which implies that the other 22 are in Western N.C. which is not not true, and that also gives short shrift to those teams in the Central/Piedmont region who do quite well on their own w/o being lumped in with teams in Western N.C. It's sorta like comparing North Carolina bbq to South Carolina's mustard-based bbq without recognizing that N.C. 'que has two distinct regional versions.
To me looking at the state's football prowess based on those 3 regions is an interesting and fun conversation, but certainly not an overly serious one. After all, these are 16-18 y/o boys we're talking about.
Agree on all points. However, I will never argue over any barbeque. I love it all!

Hope WRH can get by Red Springs. Sure would like to go to Reidsville and see all that tradition displayed
I know the Reidsville folks would love to have 2 plays back from the 17 championship game. Where are they predicting Williams is going in the draft?

Now this I can agree with, very well written 💯.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
By the end of regulation, Williams was gassed. I was on the sideline taking pictures. You could see him breathing hard from the sidelines. It would have been 4th and very long. I think you guys would have to attempt a FG. It would have been a 30 plus yarder.
The fumble was a perfect hit on the ball. I was in the back of the end zone. I saw it pop out. Crazy ending to a fantastic game.

Actually the opening kickoff and the 3rd down late hit. I actually think the late hit was the game changer.
opening kickoff?? don't remember anything special about that...but I do remember javonte Williams going about 70 yds. on the first play of the game....late hit in OT was bad but the 100 yd. pick six as the Rams were getting ready to score was the big play...Reidville spent most of the game overcoming that....which they eventually did....only to lose in OT................

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
opening kickoff?? don't remember anything special about that...but I do remember javonte Williams going about 70 yds. on the first play of the game....late hit in OT was bad but the 100 yd. pick six as the Rams were getting ready to score was the big play...Reidville spent most of the game overcoming that....which they eventually did....only to lose in OT................
I forgot it was the first play from scrimmage

Southwest onslow not in the toughest conference but too be honest I watch Some film on Reidsville they do not really impress me. Looks like to me they throw 80% of the time. Looking for a couple of those balls to go the other way Defense is ok nice size up front small linebackers and secondary. Should be interesting game to watch.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
I can attest to how good the 2016 team was. Very balanced, size and stretngth on both OL/DL, speed everywhere, QB was a leader, RB also played LB vs us in Winston and was player of the game. Coach Teague has had so many good teams over the years that each one of them deserves their own place in history. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs and stay safe.
Yes dont forget about that 2007 team even the 2008 or 2009 team. No weaknesses on that trio either that I can remember.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT