ADVERTISEMENT

REIDSVILLE #1, CLINTON #2, NE #3 SEEDS

Y’all get back in the daggum huddle! We’re up 3 touchdowns and ya still talking s***!!
Flags everywhere!

Focus! We ballin’ for keeps tomorrow!
As we broke the huddle...Goob said.... 3 td’s my ass.... we going deep!
😂😂😂😂

In my honest and humble opinion the fall 2016 was the best Reidsville team to date. Absolutely zero weakness. Defense, offense and special teams. The championship game was played against Lincolnton in the Western Semis. The fall 18 team was very close. Believe it or not, the fall 17 that lost to WRH was very good. I think this year's team is better than Fall 19 and it was a helluva team.
I honestly think East Surry will make it back to the finals and will probably play Tarboro again. Not sure of the result. Full schedule we would have played Morehead, Rockingham, Michael and My. Airy. I don't think they score against our Ones. Thomasville was scheduled but pulled out due to Covid. No chance they score.
Think what you want. Doesn't matter. I honestly think it's Reidsville vs Clinton or NE. Winner to face Shelby.
I watched the big kid from SWO this afternoon. Great size. Poor speed and footwork. Rankin, Floyd and Johnson will give him fits. Flim shows you run between the tackles... A lot! You better be able to throw it around the yard with a balanced running attack.
We'll see. That's why we line up on Friday night. What the hell do I know?
If this years team is close to 2016 team , go ahead and give the Rams the trophy.
Shelby has the talent to beat anyone but there is something just not right with Golden lions this year.

@SPRaiders78 , Northeastern is the team to beat. I've watched #2 Clinton,#1 Reidsville,Wrh,Swo, and Kinston. Out of those teams Im most concerned with Kinston.This is my honest opinion, not trying to belittle anyone's team. NE has an extremely tough 1st Rd game but if we can pull off the upset then I like our chances to capture the 2a east. I just didn't think Clinton or Wrh looked good Friday night. The one player I was impressed with was #9 for Wrh, that kid can ball. Reidsville is legit but in all honesty they don't look invincible like most of their posters are making them out to be. Hopefully we get a shot against Reidsville but I think Swo might have something to say. Swo is going there to win, not to put up a good fight. This is their opportunity to shock the state of NC hsfb, and they may just do it.😉
Keep in mind too Goob that WRH was without our leading rusher last Friday night, Antoine Montgomery. If we can avoid any injuries tomorrow and come out with a win, we could be a full-strength in the backfield for the first time this year.

Cumming, looked like a lot better team than their record indecates, they had good size, and some speed. The gave vs Rams was my first time I've ever saw cumming play , but I've read post thru the years by Reidsville fans talking about how tough Cumming was at one time . What happened at Cumming. Did they lose a great coach, or did another high school get built it there area, or something else . I don't have Chris Hughes team pages to go back and check out the history of programs like Cumming.
demographics at Cummings changed. Some time ago they and Walter Willians were a city school system that eventually merged with the county system. Also 20 years ago a long time industrial plant Western Electric located nearby (at peak hoped 5,000 people) that big plant relocated and the residentaI community became more or less a retirement community. Also on the school meter city county thing, Graham High School a county school is less than a mile (as crow flies) from Cummings, so bottom line the student enrollment there dropped drastically.

Last edited:
demographics at Cummings changed. Some time ago they and Walter Willians were a city school system that eventually merged with the county system. Also 20 years ago a long time industrial plant Western Electric located nearby (at peak hoped 5,000 people) that big plant relocated and the residentaI community became more or less a retirement community. Also on the school meter city county thing, Graham High School a county school is less than a mile (as crow flies) from Cummings, so bottom line the student enrollment there dropped drastically.
I honestly don't see Clinton's ADMs increasing much over the years either, because the the average age of the city is climbing with many of the young graduating high school and either going away to college and not coming back, or others seeking gainful employment in larger cities like Fayetteville. Raleigh or Wilmington. I see it holding steady for now, with maybe declining numbers after that for a while.

Reactions: dogs79
Reidsville was a 4a school in the mid 80s. Our whole county continues to loose more than it gains. Add in magnet schools and overall enrollment continues to fall. Not sure what the future holds.... only time will tell.
And don’t forget the charter schools.

@SPRaiders78 , Northeastern is the team to beat. I've watched #2 Clinton,#1 Reidsville,Wrh,Swo, and Kinston. Out of those teams Im most concerned with Kinston.This is my honest opinion, not trying to belittle anyone's team. NE has an extremely tough 1st Rd game but if we can pull off the upset then I like our chances to capture the 2a east. I just didn't think Clinton or Wrh looked good Friday night. The one player I was impressed with was #9 for Wrh, that kid can ball. Reidsville is legit but in all honesty they don't look invincible like most of their posters are making them out to be. Hopefully we get a shot against Reidsville but I think Swo might have something to say. Swo is going there to win, not to put up a good fight. This is their opportunity to shock the state of NC hsfb, and they may just do it.😉

You were saying......

HZVyQWSIKL4vMmvs-5m6oKG4INP3v7Puw4N_s-bKafdJKoeMIrgbE-_Ye1OlYZQ8nsLw0A2wAhyNoXuR2pgkzn2lFythQag3ZuZ3cCGw5MG58QzvsBXNsliPOWooVj7xjgtb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT