ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATED RPI 2A

I agree. I don't think RPI needs to be released so early. Even if they wait until week 8 that would be better. Saw it changed a lot after Thursday and Friday's games and is getting closer to being accurate than a week 5 release.
It's called click bait. Why not raise the NCHSAA site viewership to show the sponsors?

I thought its funny people getting upset early, the formula works itself out in the end. For the people wanting to add a human element to it, think about how bent outta shape people get when the few sites and newspapers that cover NC football put out their polls.

Looking at the updated RPI, ED is now 4th behind Nash Central and Nash won't win their 3A/2A conference. Which if things hold would mean ED would get the 12 seed vice the 11 seed. I would much rather have the 11 seed so we wouldn't have to play Clinton until the end because I think Clinton is clearly the best team in the east this year.

For the RPI nerds out there, Nash Centrals last game is against a 1-7 team and EDs is against SWO who just beat JK. If both NC and ED win their last game could ED jump them in RPI?
The RPI difference between Nash. and ED is extremely close. Since Nash us playing a 1-7 team that will not help them out if ED beats SWO, I think they would move over Nash for 3rd place In RPI

I just did a rough estimate based on the changes to opponents winning percentage and if ED beats SWO they would jump Nash Central in RPI. Just need to get healthy and take care of business on Fri night.

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
I just did a rough estimate based on the changes to opponents winning percentage and if ED beats SWO they would jump Nash Central in RPI. Just need to get healthy and take care of business on Fri night.
Doesn't work that way. Seed conference Champs first based on rpi. Then seed everyone else based on rpi.

As of now best ED could do is 10 or 11 depending on how many conference Champs there are. Could be 9 or 10 of those.

I know it's been stated several times but what is very impressive is the strength of schedule for WRH. According to the current RPI, their losses came against #1 Ranked in 2A Clinton, #1 Ranked in 3A Havelock and #4 ranked in 4A Hoggard. Other than the blowout loss to Clinton (which was bad), they have been right there in every game. It's going to be interesting to see what matchups look like when the brackets are released.

It's called click bait. Why not raise the NCHSAA site viewership to show the sponsors?

I thought its funny people getting upset early, the formula works itself out in the end. For the people wanting to add a human element to it, think about how bent outta shape people get when the few sites and newspapers that cover NC football put out their polls.
True it is click bait. Worst I have seen is how High School OT now wants you to pay to see their playoff projections this year.

I have been wondering that also and to me I think they would move back above Nash Central. Especially if both ED and Wallace win on the 27th. Grizzly will be able to help with this question I am sure.
I always thought that if you are in a split conference, you only have to worry about winning your class's part of the conference. Like in Nash Central's case, even though they won't win the overall conference, they will win the 2A portion, thus being recognized as a 2A conference champion and getting a top seed that comes with being a conference champion.

One thing that stands out to me is the rpi has one team in the top ten that their oowp is higher than their owp. I know what that tells me but I’m curious how others see it? I’m talking about NE.

One thing that stands out to me is the rpi has one team in the top ten that their oowp is higher than their owp. I know what that tells me but I’m curious how others see it? I’m talking about NE.

What does that tell you? It tells me that the teams that they are beating have losing records bc they are losing to teams that do have a lot of wins 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
I always thought that if you are in a split conference, you only have to worry about winning your class's part of the conference. Like in Nash Central's case, even though they won't win the overall conference, they will win the 2A portion, thus being recognized as a 2A conference champion and getting a top seed that comes with being a conference champion.
I think another poster just confirmed what you are saying. I didn't know it worked like that. I am learning new stuff about this every day lol

Keep sleeping on SWO. Got a new team from the WRH game. Will be hard to beat battle at ED, but got SWO by 3
SWO
True it is click bait. Worst I have seen is how High School OT now wants you to pay to see their playoff projections this year.
i subscribed to HSPT, it was kind of expensive ($59.00 or so)) The site was so unstable and even though I had a subscription I would keep getting pop-up screens asking me to subscribe. Using the app I just couldn’t navigate to things inside the app. I eventually just got frustrated and cancelled the subscription

I hope everyone of you firing shots gets your wish and has to travel to Elizabeth City. I cant speak for James and the other NE poster but I can promise you that I’m taking notes and will rub it in good on these boards when we beat your teams. Northeastern almost always schedules one of the toughest ooc schedules in 2a. This year we have a young team and coach chose not to schedule up as much and now people are acting like we’re not deserving. We have beaten every opponent that we have faced and you can’t ask for more than that.

SWO

i subscribed to HSPT, it was kind of expensive ($59.00 or so)) The site was so unstable and even though I had a subscription I would keep getting pop-up screens asking me to subscribe. Using the app I just couldn’t navigate to things inside the app. I eventually just got frustrated and cancelled the subscription
yes the High School OT app and website is terrible. I wouldn't pay for it. Maybe if it worked better but still just be patient and the bracket is released for everyone to see on Max Preps for free.

I hope everyone of you firing shots gets your wish and has to travel to Elizabeth City. I cant speak for James and the other NE poster but I can promise you that I’m taking notes and will rub it in good on these boards when we beat your teams. Northeastern almost always schedules one of the toughest ooc schedules in 2a. This year we have a young team and coach chose not to schedule up as much and now people are acting like we’re not deserving. We have beaten every opponent that we have faced and you can’t ask

I hope everyone of you firing shots gets your wish and has to travel to Elizabeth City. I cant speak for James and the other NE poster but I can promise you that I’m taking notes and will rub it in good on these boards when we beat your teams. Northeastern almost always schedules one of the toughest ooc schedules in 2a. This year we have a young team and coach chose not to schedule up as much and now people are acting like we’re not deserving. We have beaten every opponent that we have faced and you can’t ask for more than that.
Who have we lost to besides Reedsville and wallace rose hill.........can anyone say that the last about 6 or 7 years and that almost every year after Thanksgiving

Reactions: WrhDog448
deserving is not in my post. I just posted an observation that I see from looking at the RPI. That game I watched in Wallace last night I think both of those teams can be spoilers if that is the term you want to use. ED took the 2nd half kickoff and ended the drive early in the 4th qtr with a td. I don’t believe I have ever witnessed that before.

deserving is not in my post. I just posted an observation that I see from looking at the RPI. That game I watched in Wallace last night I think both of those teams can be spoilers if that is the term you want to use. ED took the 2nd half kickoff and ended the drive early in the 4th qtr with a td. I don’t believe I have ever witnessed that before.
Impressive very impressive

I may be wrong but I think Mt heritage did it to Reidsville but then lost as well.

Reactions: Otis4411
Lol NE never scheduled a tough ooc, what in the world are you talking about lol. You just make shit up every week and year. Im not even sure you believe half the stuff you type. Excuses and what ifs and buts are weekly for you. Your middle school defense is trashhhhhhhhhh. You almost just lost to a terrible team and avg giving up like 38 pts a game lol. You can't be serious talking about east on notice.....

• Haha
Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Lol NE never scheduled a tough ooc, what in the world are you talking about lol. You just make shit up every week and year. Im not even sure you believe half the stuff you type. Excuses and what ifs and buts are weekly for you. Your middle school defense is trashhhhhhhhhh. You almost just lost to a terrible team and avg giving up like 38 pts a game lol. You can't be serious talking about east on notice.....
lol funny swo they putting the east on notice!!

I’m not a NE fan but I have seen them play a few times and don’t think they will be a easy out. Sad part is the teams talking would get dogged by them. WRH and Reidsville are only teams to beat in a while in the playoffs. You all will see here shortly.

• Haha
I’m not a NE fan but I have seen them play a few times and don’t think they will be a easy out. Sad part is the teams talking would get dogged by them. WRH and Reidsville are only teams to beat in a while in the playoffs. You all will see here shortly.
I don't care what fan you are fan boy lol. I've seen them play, hyped up every year. Choke every year. Same story every year.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT