ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATED RPI 2A

Well, it depends on whether the non conference teams win or lose their last games, and whether the non conference teams opponents win or lose their last games.
Last games, first games all count same in end. It’s cumulative for the year or as I stated earlier the first game of year would be irrelevant as neither has a record…

I second this
Why?
TD posted same on 1A but edited it so Mt Airy is missing from this post. Each year is different. Not saying Mt Airy won’t win it all again this season, in fact I expect them too, but past season success doesn’t factor in RPI just “rankings” from the “experts”.

Reactions: Swo1980
I think any team that is a defending undefeated State Champion be it whoever should have the #1 seed in the east or west and then go by the RPI for all others. That team should have that respect for their accomplishment of winning the State Championship the previous year. The next State Champion will feel the same way.
That would be my team and I don't even agree with this. New Year have to earn it.

Rpi Wrh is above Ed the loses where early but they played the top 3 Havelock Hoggard And Clinton So strength Of schedule to me is a pick who u want for the time how can ED. Rpi be over Clinton who is the best 2a Team in the east I’m a bulldog fan true not hating on Ed At All I have family on Ed , but we talking Rpi a joke How is it Wrh SOS is a joke in this whole scenario now I don’t know what happened to havelock n hoggard seasons record but I c Clinton is undefeated ED is Good but Clinton is better just my take they might need to do a revote after Next week or something cause this one is Seriously WRONG!
Because rpi is a fail.
It'll be gone soon enough.

Because rpi is a fail.
It'll be gone soon enough.
Why BK? As I stated in another post RPI usually ends up getting it right at end of year. In fact think you would be surprised if you look at last couple years. Not seeding because of only conference champions getting top ones but compare end of season RPI with playoff finishes.

Curb stomped every west team we played in 1a. Them mnt rednecks would get embarrassed, especially little old Robbinsville. But then you would come on here explaining how Robbinsville only has 330 kids and what not like every year. Then bring up titles from the 40s and 50s playing the school of the blind and dead, like always. Go back to Burger King 🤡
Rville black knights didn't start until 59 but continue showing you racist ignorance. That's what got you kick before. (15)
The only way you can improve your position and move up in the RPI is to win your games and the teams above you in the ranking have to lose.

Everyone's RPI will increase .
No. Rville lost to RG and rip went up.
Mount Airy keeps winning big but rpi continues to go down

I don’t have any faith in Simmons or Max Prep . I think they’re biased but I do think that Cal Prep is fairly accurate but for seeding purposes the association will use their RPI
Summons and max is computer based. Can't be bias.
Calpreps uses MaxPreps to determine results.

• Haha
Why BK? As I stated in another post RPI usually ends up getting it right at end of year. In fact think you would be surprised if you look at last couple years. Not seeding because of only conference champions getting top ones but compare end of season RPI with playoff finishes.
I think what confuses people the most and has everyone thinking RPI is a fail is the fact that during the season it changes so much during the week. You can be sitting there at 2nd RPI on Saturday and by Thursday look and your in 4th. Makes everyone wonder how they expect to get it right on Oct. 28th after final games on the 27th. Maybe releasing RPI so early shouldn't be a thing. Regardless of where anyone ends up seeded the message is clear. Just win!

I think any team that is a defending undefeated State Champion be it whoever should have the #1 seed in the east or west and then go by the RPI for all others. That team should have that respect for their accomplishment of winning the State Championship the previous year. The next State Champion will feel the same way.
So even if the defending champ is 4-6?
I second this

I think what confuses people the most and has everyone thinking RPI is a fail is the fact that during the season it changes so much during the week. You can be sitting there at 2nd RPI on Saturday and by Thursday look and your in 4th. Makes everyone wonder how they expect to get it right on Oct. 28th after final games on the 27th. Maybe releasing RPI so early shouldn't be a thing. Regardless of where anyone ends up seeded the message is clear. Just win!
Not me. I understand it. I think it's fails at what it suppose to do. It needs adjusted alot or let the General Assembly trash it.
Some teams play soft schedules and have high owp-oowp because it's about records not sos.
Probably be changed after next year.

Why?
TD posted same on 1A but edited it so Mt Airy is missing from this post. Each year is different. Not saying Mt Airy won’t win it all again this season, in fact I expect them too, but past season success doesn’t factor in RPI just “rankings” from the “experts”.
To be the best you have to beat the best. East Duplin has taken care of business and until the get knocked off they should stay at the top. I think the rpi system is flawed in both college and at the high school level

Last games, first games all count same in end. It’s cumulative for the year or as I stated earlier the first game of year would be irrelevant as neither has a record…
For example, beating an 0-1 team in week 2 might hurt your rpi at that time, but if that same 0-1 team wins out after week 2 you get your final, playoff-determining rpi based on beating an 8-2 team, and not one that was 0-1 when you played them. Your rpi doesn't go "up" or "down" per se based on any one game and when it its played: a team starting 0-3 and winning their last 7 (7-3 season record) will have an rpi of X, and if you flipped their schedule completely (same opponents and results, but in opposite scheduling order) where they started 7-0 and lost the last 3 (7-3 season record) their rpi would still be X; i.e. exact same.

Not me. I understand it. I think it's fails at what it suppose to do. It needs adjusted alot or let the General Assembly trash it.
Some teams play soft schedules and have high owp-oowp because it's about records not sos.
Probably be changed after next year.
I do agree it does have its down sides. Like earlier I think someone said as long as you win the rpi goes up. Not necessarily. I have seen some win and they drop because their previous opponents lost.

Reactions: O&B Attack
Oh I didn't catch that but I still disagree.
One year has zero to do with another year.
I agree also with that but for example if ED, Clinton and Northeastern remain undefeated. I believe 1 seed should go to the defending champs but your right RPI does matter and should. Everyone just has to play the hand they are given and win.

For example, beating an 0-1 team in week 2 might hurt your rpi at that time, but if that same 0-1 team wins out after week 2 you get your final, playoff-determining rpi based on beating an 8-2 team, and not one that was 0-1 when you played them. Your rpi doesn't go "up" or "down" per se based on any one game and when it its played: a team starting 0-3 and winning their last 7 (7-3 season record) will have an rpi of X, and if you flipped their schedule completely (same opponents and results, but in opposite scheduling order) where they started 7-0 and lost the last 3 (7-3 season record) their rpi would still be X; i.e. exact same.
No your oowp could still change

Reactions: thekidd12
I do agree it does have its down sides. Like earlier I think someone said as long as you win the rpi goes up. Not necessarily. I have seen some win and they drop because their previous opponents lost.
Correct. Robbinsville lost to Rabun Gap and rpi went up. That loss is the reason we are 1 seed.
Remember owp counts more than wp or oowp.

Correct. Robbinsville lost to Rabun Gap and rpi went up. That loss is the reason we are 1 seed.
Remember owp counts more than wp or oowp.
And that too is confusing also cause you would think Rabun Gap having such a good record would of kept your team in same spot. I again don't totally understand the system and admit I don't. I just know like I said before we all just have to win. Life isn't fair and never will be. Got to take the hits and keep moving forward like Rocky said. No system will ever satisfy everyone. Hopefully they will work on it though.

No your oowp could still change
Not sure how since in my example all results for every team and every game remain the same/only variable is when the games were played. But I could be wrong; welcome any discussion on where I may be off on this.

So with the Rpi I just saw a comment where a team lost n there Rpi went up and another. Comment says Id a team loses its first three three games and comes back n win there last 7 and finish 7-3 then their rpi is X ok so what is X n then the win 7all thought the season n lose last three then the rpi is still X makes no sense take Wrh for instance they lost to teams with winning records still going strong so their strength of schedule is off the charts but because of your rpi opponents records factor in this is crazy and flawed so in Clinton case u win and ED u win beat cupcakes Clinton beat Wrh whiteville Good teams Ed Beat west craven n jk n one again to me Clinton’s Rpi case is stronger for 1 seed in the east!! I so over this Rpi mess to many factors to decide a ranking or seed for the playoffs the fact is u play whoever’s on your schedule so how teams be penalized for state approved games n schedule affecting Rpi status what. Huge problem with this system!!

Well, it depends on whether the non conference teams win or lose their last games, and whether the non conference teams opponents win or lose their last games.
In short everyone games matter
So with the Rpi I just saw a comment where a team lost n their Rpi went up and another. Comment says Id a team loses its first three three games and comes back n win there last 7 and finish 7-3 then their rpi is X ok so what is X n then the win 7all thought the season n lose last three then the rpi is still X makes no sense take Wrh for instance they lost to teams with winning records still going strong so their strength of schedule is off the charts but because of your rpi opponents records factor in this is crazy and flawed so in Clinton case u win and ED u win beat cupcakes Clinton beat Wrh whiteville Good teams Ed Beat west craven n jk n one again to me Clinton’s Rpi case is stronger for 1 seed in the east!! I so over this Rpi mess to many factors to decide a ranking or seed for the playoffs the fact is u play whoever’s on your schedule so how teams be penalized for state approved games n schedule affecting Rpi status what. Huge problem with this system!!
dont worry the nchsaa’s days and policies are seriously numbered

• Haha
So with the Rpi I just saw a comment where a team lost n there Rpi went up and another. Comment says Id a team loses its first three three games and comes back n win there last 7 and finish 7-3 then their rpi is X ok so what is X n then the win 7all thought the season n lose last three then the rpi is still X makes no sense take Wrh for instance they lost to teams with winning records still going strong so their strength of schedule is off the charts but because of your rpi opponents records factor in this is crazy and flawed so in Clinton case u win and ED u win beat cupcakes Clinton beat Wrh whiteville Good teams Ed Beat west craven n jk n one again to me Clinton’s Rpi case is stronger for 1 seed in the east!! I so over this Rpi mess to many factors to decide a ranking or seed for the playoffs the fact is u play whoever’s on your schedule so how teams be penalized for state approved games n schedule affecting Rpi status what. Huge problem with this system!!
Two things. How do you know West Craven is not as good as Whiteville. I mean there only loses are ED, Havelock and New Bern. Then if ED beats Wallace then what you say.

Exactly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT