ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Predictions

New3ra

Mar 11, 2022
Now that 7 on 7 is coming to an end
And the season is near, let’s hear some predictions. I want to hear some regular season record predictions, potential losses , and how far will teams go in the postseason. Also want to hear some early picks to win it all. It doesn’t have to be just the team you’re a fan of.

And the season is near, let’s hear some predictions. I want to hear some regular season record predictions, potential losses , and how far will teams go in the postseason. Also want to hear some early picks to win it all. It doesn’t have to be just the team you’re a fan of.
The CPC could be a dog fight. I don't think any team will win it going undefeated in conference play. Look for their to be a 2-way possible 3-way tie for 1st this year. East, Reagan, Tabor at the top and West Forsyth could spoil someone's season with a huge upset. To me it's between those 3 West Forsyth is about 2-3 years away from being really good with coach Wallace

• Love
Reactions: CPC4LIFE and New3ra
The CPC could be a dog fight. I don't think any team will win it going undefeated in conference play. Look for their to be a 2-way possible 3-way tie for 1st this year. East, Reagan, Tabor at the top and West Forsyth could spoil someone's season with a huge upset. To me it's between those 3 West Forsyth is about 2-3 years away from being really good with coach Wallace
I agree, I could see EF and Tabor being tied for first and WF just right behind them. Coach Wallace is a very good coach and will definitely take them to the next level in a few years. All 3 teams will be tough outs come playoff time.

I agree, I could see EF and Tabor being tied for first and WF just right behind them. Coach Wallace is a very good coach and will definitely take them to the next level in a few years. All 3 teams will be tough outs come playoff time.
totally disregarded Reagan lol

Right, I did. Think I was just thinking about the three teams mentioned. Reagan is definitely right there, could be placed anywhere in the top 2-3 on a given year.
The 3 teams Warhead mentioned were East, Tabor, and Reagan. with WF being 2-3 years away...
and you went ahead and said East, Tabor, and WF would be top 3..
lol

The 3 teams Warhead mentioned were East, Tabor, and Reagan. with WF being 2-3 years away...
and you went ahead and said East, Tabor, and WF would be top 3..
lol
Responding and doing other things, it happens. Either way all the teams can be moved around interchangeably year to year. That good enough for you?

• Haha
Reactions: PagePirates44
Still way too early

Of course, just something to talk about with this last week of dead periods and the season being near.
Technically for some teams we are only a month out for the beginning of the season.

In regard to the regular season I don’t see a clear favorite out of Charlotte. I expect the top team to have 1-3 losses due to them scheduling tough teams in non conference and having a stiff conference schedule.

Grimsley and East Forsyth will probably have better records and be formidable. Richmond should bounce back in my opinion.

Technically for some teams we are only a month out for the beginning of the season.

In regard to the regular season I don’t see a clear favorite out of Charlotte. I expect the top team to have 1-3 losses due to them scheduling tough teams in non conference and having a stiff conference schedule.

Grimsley and East Forsyth will probably have better records and be formidable. Richmond should bounce back in my opinion.
Plus the way EF and Grimsley schedule (not necessarily any fault of theirs, just the way the region is), they'll end up with home games like last season.

Plus the way EF and Grimsley schedule (not necessarily any fault of theirs, just the way the region is), they'll end up with home games like last season.
Fill me in are they not able to schedule a top SC, VA or GA team for a non conference game?

Went out to New Bern's first practice last night and was pleasantly surprised. Didn't know what to expect with the coach bringing in a new offense but they were letting it rip out there. QB had some really nice touch in the short passing game and also connected on some well contested deep balls. New coach is very energetic and already has the boys locked in. Too early to make a prediction but they've got the speed and athleticism to make things interesting each Friday night.

Went out to New Bern's first practice last night and was pleasantly surprised. Didn't know what to expect with the coach bringing in a new offense but they were letting it rip out there. QB had some really nice touch in the short passing game and also connected on some well contested deep balls. New coach is very energetic and already has the boys locked in. Too early to make a prediction but they've got the speed and athleticism to make things interesting each Friday night.

NB getting away from the triple option? I hope not, SWO did this an destroyed everything we stood for lol

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
NB getting away from the triple option? I hope not, SWO did this an destroyed everything we stood for lol
Yes, the new coach will run the offense he implemented over at Hertford County. Good mixture of run/pass. Opposing defenses can rejoice.

Reactions: 87SwO
My CPC favorites:
1. Reagan( If Defense hasn't improved, 1st won't happen, Offense is very nice)

2. East Forsyth (lost a lot great players; but still loaded and have a 4 Star transfer QB, easily could win Conference)

3. Mt. Tabor (great Linemen on both sides, Sneaky good; Very Fast, My only concern, do they have depth late in the season? Look Out Grimsley Aug. 18th. An Upset could vault them as my favorite. Ask Richmond Sr. about opening with Mt. Tabor last year 45-7.)

4. West Forsyth, Glenn, or Davie (one of these teams might surpass Tabor: Glenn and West Forsyth have great Lineman and D-1 talent with commits)

7. RJR

8. Parkland
*** The CPC has some serious D-1 commits/talent on multiple teams concerning O-and D-Linemen. One of the best years for talent in those positions in many years and they've had some good years with the big fellows.

Last edited:
Yes, the new coach will run the offense he implemented over at Hertford County. Good mixture of run/pass. Opposing defenses can rejoice.

He bringing the QB with him? NB has some studs returning from what I hear. I've reached out to my homie who has a kid down that way, waiting to hear back from him

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
So in a few years, NB be ready to roll?
They'll make some noise this year. Returning 2 of their best players in the secondary, LB that had 70+ tackles last year, 2 on the OL and a guy that had over 1,800 total yards and 27 TD's. Not worried about the offense, just gotta get the D sorted out. The good thing is they return the same DC from the past 4 seasons.

My CPC favorites:
1. Reagan( If Defense hasn't improved, first won't happen, Offense is very nice)

2. East Forsyth (lost a lot great players; but still loaded, easily could win Conference)

3. Mt. Tabor (great Linemen on both sides, Sneaky good; Very Fast, My only concern, do they have depth? Look Out Grimsley Aug. 18th. An Upset could vault them as my favorite. Ask Richmond Sr. about opening with Mt. Tabor.)

4. West Forsyth, Glenn, or Davie (one of these teams might surpass Tabor: Glenn and West Forsyth have great Lineman and D-1 talent with commits)

7. RJR

8. Parkland
*** The CPC has some serious D-1 commits/talent on multiple teams concerning O-and D-Linemen. One of the best years for talent in those positions in many years and they've had some good years with the big fellows.
West Forsyth has a good-looking OL, the trenches mean everything.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE and 87SwO
Thought about putting Cleveland in, but they struggle in the playoffs time and time again after dominating the regular season.
They lost to Rolesville last year in the 2nd round and Rolesville was red hot at the time. In 21 they lost to CG who won it all. In 20 they lost to Mt Tabor who won it all. In 19 they lost to Lee Co who lost in the state championship game. In 18 they lost to SE Gul who lost in the state championship game. All their losses were by 1 score. They are Right there…..

They lost to Rolesville last year in the 2nd round and Rolesville was red hot at the time. In 21 they lost to CG who won it all. In 20 they lost to Mt Tabor who won it all. In 19 they lost to Lee Co who lost in the state championship game. In 18 they lost to SE Gul who lost in the state championship game. All their losses were by 1 score. They are Right there…..
I’m counting on them meeting up with someone better than them early in the playoffs and then losing, as usual. East is wide open, maybe they can get over the hump.

Saw that, fuel to the fire. Feeling good about the new QB and having Tucker play both ways. Looking forward to the year.
Ive been around HS football a while. I dont put much stock in the bulletin board material theory. If you need that to be motivated, there is an underlying problem.

Ive been around HS football a while. I dont put much stock in the bulletin board material theory. If you need that to be motivated, there is an underlying problem.
To each their own. Fire is there, for these young kids that are tasting their first Varsity action and a coaching staff ready to prove themselves on the biggest stage of NC football. Nothing wrong with a wee bit extra motivation. Go Bears.

I have been wrong before but I feel NB will be just fine. I don’t think they will be what they were last year but just fine. If they win a few playoff games after what they have been thru the past year that would be a great year.

I have been wrong before but I feel NB will be just fine. I don’t think they will be what they were last year but just fine. If they win a few playoff games after what they have been thru the past year that would be a great year.
Definitely optimistic after what I saw at practice. Looking forward to the two scrimmages later this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT