ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Predictions

New3ra

Mar 11, 2022
Now that 7 on 7 is coming to an end
And the season is near, let’s hear some predictions. I want to hear some regular season record predictions, potential losses , and how far will teams go in the postseason. Also want to hear some early picks to win it all. It doesn’t have to be just the team you’re a fan of.

My pick would be Reidsville from what I’m hearing in 2A.
I would have to agree right now also but I’m curious to see how the defenses look for some of the top teams out the East. As loaded as Reidsville is, I still think a running team with a good secondary could cause them problems. I have to see how Reidsville defensive line looks because I know they’ll be stout at every other position. I also wouldn’t sleep on Monroe this year.

I would have to agree right now also but I’m curious to see how the defenses look for some of the top teams out the East. As loaded as Reidsville is, I still think a running team with a good secondary could cause them problems. I have to see how Reidsville defensive line looks because I know they’ll be stout at every other position. I also wouldn’t sleep on Monroe this year.

If you can pound the ball and get pressure on the QB you can beat Reidsville. That goes for any year.

I know Clinton’s hype train is a running joke around here , but this may be their best team in 20 years. If they get a good season from their qb I think they take it. That early Wallace game may open some eyes.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
I'm curious of the how the lines will shake out. I know turner will be a big piece in the middle. We can pretty much guess the skill positions.

Interior is boggest question. Turner has not been a defensive factor as of yet so hopefully he can make a big leap this year. Burson, Flippen, and Galloway are names im hearing. Hopefully BIG Mashard can make it happen.

Interior is boggest question. Turner has not been a defensive factor as of yet so hopefully he can make a big leap this year. Burson, Flippen, and Galloway are names im hearing. Hopefully BIG Mashard can make it happen.

I've never heard of Galloway. I was thinking they may give that Freshman a look as well. Burson is going to play a lot on defense even if he doesn't start. I think Mashard is a project that if he's not developed this year, could be a force next season.

I know Clinton’s hype train is a running joke around here , but this may be their best team in 20 years. If they get a good season from their qb I think they take it. That early Wallace game may open some eyes.
Those dark horses are not a joke to WRH. Clinton still got to walk the talk.

Reactions: sam
What about the Whiteville game? Clinton goes to Whiteville two weeks after the Wallace game, I think.

Reactions: sam and dogs79
Not buying any of the hype. Respectfully, we have heard “this is Clinton’s year” for seemingly a decade now, and if Reidsville shows any weakness in the trenches, they can and will be beaten, too. However, I have Reidsville no.1 overall coming into the season, and WRH being no 1 In the East. Who is going to stop their backfield? Back and forth on my no.2 overall, WRH or Monroe. Monroe has to live up to the hype at some point.

Last edited:
Fair, but it’s literally been one poster saying it’s Clinton’s year over and over . He’s a homer. Let him live! LOL. They absolutely blew it last year at East Duplin, so you never know.

I was worried about Shelby this season.....maybe needing a reloading year.

Found out some great information this past weekend and heard straight from one of the coaches...."there is no 2A team that will beat us this year."

Sounds like the confidence is pretty high.

Also told me the incoming freshman class is one of the most talented and deepest we have seen at Shelby in over 20 years. Maybe another 4-peat on deck? Time will tell....

Found out some great information this past weekend and heard straight from one of the coaches...."there is no 2A team that will beat us this year."

Also told me the incoming freshman class is one of the most talented and deepest we have seen at Shelby in over 20 years. Maybe another 4-peat on deck? Time will tell....
The young quarterback concerns me. I know he will be special eventually. Varsity is a different animal, though, and he didn’t play much last year on jv due to injury. If the kid plays within himself, and minimizes his turnovers, then I feel confident that Shelby could play with anyone.

We are athletic at the skill positions, no doubt. Shelby will have to rely more on the running game, and allow the quarterback to progress game by game. There are sure to be growing pains. It’s never easy for a first year quarterback. “7 on 7, T shirts and shorts, no pass rush” isn’t a good barometer of what to expect.

Last edited:

If I had a dollar for every time.......

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Long time reader I never understood the joke. I haven’t seen Clinton guys post anything predicting a championship since 2016 and it was logic behind that they had a great,talented,experienced group that season much like this upcoming year. But besides that nothing crazy I mean they talk about their team like others do up here I mean what are they suppose to say. Yeah we suck.

As for this season I see why they high on them. I mean if your team went 11-2 last season barely losing to eventual state champs and returned majority of your squad along with multiple D1 caliber athletes wouldn’t you think hey it’s a chance we will be playing for state. Just saying seems like some folks are hating for the pure sake of hate.

I like what you said about the QB. I was very impressed with his game vs East Duplin. He was only a sophomore last season has great measurables I’m honestly surprised more folks aren’t talking about him.

• Haha
Reactions: 87SwO
Long time reader I never understood the joke. I haven’t seen Clinton guys post anything predicting a championship since 2016 and it was logic behind that they had a great,talented,experienced group that season much like this upcoming year. But besides that nothing crazy I mean they talk about their team like others do up here I mean what are they suppose to say. Yeah we suck.

As for this season I see why they high on them. I mean if your team went 11-2 last season barely losing to eventual state champs and returned majority of your squad along with multiple D1 caliber athletes wouldn’t you think hey it’s a chance we will be playing for state. Just saying seems like some folks are hating for the pure sake of hate.

I like what you said about the QB. I was very impressed with his game vs East Duplin. He was only a sophomore last season has great measurables I’m honestly surprised more folks aren’t talking about him.

Another hype train 🚂 poster. Clinton doesn't need anymore lol....

Not a Clinton fan. I’m from Rock Hill SC. Living in Greenville now I do a lot of traveling for work which has allowed me to watch HS football all over the state in many different stadiums. I like this site for the info and a good read/laugh. Speaking of which I enjoyed your fabricated story about not being allowed to Southwest games. It’s a word for people that lie for attention it’s lost on me right now. Anyway just thought I put my two cents in.

Hold up......I saw a prediction last season. I VIVIDLY remember.

Anyway, they remind me of Reidsville these days. They have the horses(pun intended) to win, but get lost in the middle of the game some where and drift off asleep at the wheel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT