ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Predictions

I may be new to posting but not new to the sport hasn’t Reidsville won multiple titles in the last couple years? Think with all the parity in the sport it’s impossible to win a championship every single year. But I believe most schools would kill to have the championship history that a team like Reidsville has. I see they said your a Pasquotank fan exactly how many titles have they won if you don’t mind me asking?

I actually think Forrest Hills could beat Monroe they almost did last year. Yellowjackets are putting together a good squad

• Haha
Reactions: 87SwO
I actually think Forrest Hills could beat Monroe they almost did last year. Yellowjackets are putting together a good squad
Forest Hills used to be hell in both football and basketball. Good to see y’all trending upwards again.

The young quarterback concerns me. I know he will be special eventually. Varsity is a different animal, though, and he didn’t play much last year on jv due to injury. If the kid plays within himself, and minimizes his turnovers, then I feel confident that Shelby could play with anyone.

We are athletic at the skill positions, no doubt. Shelby will have to rely more on the running game, and allow the quarterback to progress game by game. There are sure to be growing pains. It’s never easy for a first year quarterback. “7 on 7, T shirts and shorts, no pass rush” isn’t a good barometer of what to expect.
I don't follow Shelby that much. But when did they ever stop relying on the run?. Maybe that's part of the problem they try to throw it too much. Although there hadn't been much of a problem till last year has there. It would just be strange for one of us old codgers to see Shelby throwing the ball around. Someone needs to tell her to get their ass downhill and run through people. They got the dudes to do it.

I don't follow Shelby that much. But when did they ever stop relying on the run?. Maybe that's part of the problem they try to throw it too much. Although there hadn't been much of a problem till last year has there. It would just be strange for one of us old codgers to see Shelby throwing the ball around. Someone needs to tell her to get their ass downhill and run through people. They got the dudes to do it.

hmmmmm, I think Crest has something to do with their dudes this year

Considering the number of State Championships Shelby has won throwing the ball, I don't see them abandoning the pass. Without it they would not have beaten WRH two years ago. Plus having a passing/running game utilizes their athletes a lot more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
The wishbone/wing T Shelby you probably remember is no more. Shelby runs the spread, and passes a lot more than they run, unnecessarily at times. Whether it’s 1st and 10, 2nd and short, 3rd and inches, or goal line, their first option seems to be the pass. I love The Spread. It gets more athletes involved, but you have to pound that rock sometimes, too. Keep the D honest.

Reactions: SHS LION and dogs79
The wishbone/wing T Shelby you probably remember is no more. Shelby runs the spread, and passes a lot more than they run, unnecessarily at times. Whether it’s 1st and 10, 2nd and short, 3rd and inches, or goal line, their first option seems to be the pass. I love The Spread. It gets more athletes involved, but you have to pound that rock sometimes, too. Keep the D honest.
I like that. You don't have to run the wishbone or the veer to be able to pound it. Plenty of teams are running downhill well actually let me scratch that only two teams are running downhill out of the spread. Mount Airy and edenton. Especially because they run the same offense. But you can still get some serious power from all those quick lineman Shelby has got. Unless they have super superior athletes which they have a lot. People can do them up.. especially if they're well coached. All I heard was what superior athletes they had. Course then you got a team like southpoint that runs it right down your throat. And gets to the Western regional final or thereabout every year. I think we could all argue that Kings mountain had much better players than southpoint last year. But it didn't win ball games when it mattered.

Fullback dive is a thing of beauty! Especially on 3rd and 15.🙂

Not!

I’m with you on that Chopper. However, WRH and South Point with their Redbone offense look pretty sweet at times.
South Point has alot of passing yards for a run team

WRH trophies are directly proportional to the playoff pass yards.

ED won their trophy on a pass

BUT Shelby and Reidsville both need a better run game(like Salisbury)

Reactions: dogs79

I think we should be better running wise this season. Cobb has an offer from app state and Louisville-also have Jeremiah redd who is a sr.

Reactions: Chopper747

Shelby did win like 12 Championships with a run first offense. Please if you have time go to the Shelby dynasty website and do a little studying.

Just asking but do you follow NC high school football? If you do there is no way you have not heard a lot about Shelby in the last ten years.

Just asking but do you follow NC high school football? If you do there is no way you have not heard a lot about Shelby in the last ten years.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that know about schools like Reidsville and Shelby.

You'd also be surprised at the amount of people that dont know a thing about either

Thanks for always bringing ED into the conversation. I know you love us🤣 Thanks Chop!!!

I've heard plenty I just don't watch them very much except when we played them. And they threw the ball a lot. I played in North Carolina. In fact I played Shelby. But they were in the wishbone back then. Guess I'm just being nostalgic. Although I can't stand this crap of throw in the ball everywhere. I like the smash mouth. But with the lack of toughness from the kids and the coaching seems like throwing it is what it is.

Thanks for always bringing ED into the conversation. I know you love us🤣 Thanks Chop!!!
I disagree on that. East duplin mashed Reidsville. Big up front and they pounded them. They might have wanted on a fluke pass one of the only four they threw. But that don't mean you should throw it all the time. As far as knowing a lot about Shelby and Reidsville my knowledge would come from the past.

One more week, lil bro. I took next weekend off. I have some time that I need to take by August 6, and wasn’t going to miss this one. Saw your boy, Boots, a couple of weeks ago. He was phenomenal, but I would still favor Spence and Bud over him. I have to be good and prepared next Saturday, take an afternoon nap.😂 My “old man swag” kicks in around 9pm now. Can’t stay up as late as I used to. Maybe, it’s because I always alone, or maybe it’s because I’m getting old.🙂 I’m catching the undercard and all next week. I want to check Pitbull Cruz out, too. I missed Frank Martin last weekend.

Yeah, I’m ordering it. I’m going Spence. Wbu?

I disagree on that. East duplin mashed Reidsville. Big up front and they pounded them. They might have wanted on a fluke pass one of the only four they threw. But that don't mean you should throw it all the time. As far as knowing a lot about Shelby and Reidsville my knowledge would come from the past.

Reidsville just played mount airy and east sorry not that long ago. They ed pass was no fluke. Rams were doing better against the run, so I think they felt the need to pass

Shelby did win like 12 Championships with a run first offense. Please if you have time go to the Shelby dynasty website and do a little studying.

that was when the wheel was first invented, we haven't seen the run first offense win back to back multiple titles in this century.

Same, bro. Spence is the naturally bigger man, and I feel that constant pressure he brings will ultimately wear Bud down.. Spence is my favorite boxer. I like Bud as well. Both appear to be good and solid guys.

Yeah, I gotta lean Spence since he’s my favorite. But it’s going to be tough to overcome bud

He's just thinking of terms of air raid and not air raid. We were in that conference back in the day when it was the bomb. What was it Shelby, Kings mountain, South point, North Gaston, East Gaston, Crest, and all the Rutherford county schools. Oh and Burns. Can you imagine that conference now.
Hands down the beat conference we have ever had in North Carolina regardless of classification.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT