ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Predictions

The best head to head or the best at winning
State Titles?
Let's say probably everything now I don't argue that the smokey mountain was one as well. But it was probably as good and its division. No disrespect mint I promise but there is no way anything was really even close except for maybe that Eastern conference back in the day when Clinton Wallace Rose Hill James Keenan Southwest onslow East duplin North duplin etc I think at one time we're all in a conference but I'm not sure. But that old southwestern conference with those 10 schools was far superior and athletic ability. I'm not saying they always won the state. Just saying.

Reactions: dogs79 and BK13T-$
Let's say probably everything now I don't argue that the smokey mountain was one as well. But it was probably as good and its division. No disrespect mint I promise but there is no way anything was really even close except for maybe that Eastern conference back in the day when Clinton Wallace Rose Hill James Keenan Southwest onslow East duplin North duplin etc I think at one time we're all in a conference but I'm not sure. But that old southwestern conference with those 10 schools was far superior and athletic ability. I'm not saying they always won the state. Just saying.

meant

Did any of those conferences have the #1, #2 and #3 ranked team in the state during the entire season?

Did any of those conferences have the #1, #2 and #3 ranked team in the state during the entire season?
You'd have to go back along time to see the ap polls sir. I think crest and East Gaston moved to 4a in 86. But I'd say it was. Less reliable then. Or maybe more reliable. I remember a year when crest got into the playoffs as. I my one team did. But the losses wet all yo each other. If you want to name the guys who went to college off all those teams go ahead. I can probably ky 30 to 40 d1 kids. Seriously

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT