ADVERTISEMENT

Post Boys Scores- December

Mcdowell picks up a big road win 80-62 over South Caldwell who had just beaten West Caldwell twice. 7-0 going into a big game at WCU against Pisgah who is 6-1 after losing to Enka.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Haeco Tournament
#1 Smith 86, #8 SE Guilford 38
#2 Greensboro Day 51 #7 Ragsdale 32
#6 Page 67 #3 Grimsley 58
#5 Dudley 78 #4 Bishop McGuinness 75 (2 OT)

Big game coming tomorrow is 9-0 Lake Norman against Carmel Christian.
I saw both LN games against Mt Tabor and Statesville. MT was a good game but Statesville was in a tight game until they got off the bus. From then on, not so much.

After controlling the entire game, Carmel made a run and tied game on a last second 3 to send game into OT.
The swingers from the Lake retook control of the game and won by 4 to set up this evenings game against Weddinton.

In my opinion, Weddington is a some what limited in talent and size team, but from the game against a much bigger and faster Northside team, OMG how well they are coached, how disciplined they are as a team, and cool as can be in action. They are a pleasure to watch play especially how well they defend, rebound and pass, hitting the open man time and again for the uncontested shots.

Should be a really interested game this evening as they match up against 5 really good Lake Norman players that can run, rebound and also pass. Do not see how Weddington will match up, much less stop 6-10, 6-7 and 6-6 Lake Norman frontline that can run, pass and shoot with almost anyone. Not to mention 2 of the toughest guards I have seen anywhere.

I hated to see Lake Norman lost but sounded like a good one.
LN led by 15 at half, then Weddington scored 13 straight to open the 3rd. Was a dog fight there after.
LN took 1 point led with about 4 to 6 seconds left and #25 for Weddington drove the length of the court and made a layup with no time left to win by one.

A few from the Asheboro tournament I found interesting......

Randleman 53, Eastern Guilford 52

West Brunswick 63, Trinity 56

SWR 66, Leadership Academy 50

Reactions: thekidd12
Sheetz Christmas Holiday Basketball Classic at SW Guilford HS

#1 HP Christian 78 #8 HP Central 45
#2 SW Guilford 75 #7 Westchester Country Day 63
#3 Wesleyan Christian 71 #6 W Guilford 33
#5 Oak Grove 88 #4 Seaforth 57

12/27 Central Cabarrus 85 Sun Valley 36
12/28 Central Cabarrus will be at Mt Pleasant 8:30

Reidsville takes down FarmVille Central 76-64
This team reminds me of the 2006 Concord Spiders. Dee Bost and Lance Lewis were standouts in football and Basketball. Dee Bost(Neil) Lance Lewis (Harrison) The Spiders was the Basketball Championship runner-ups and the Football Championship that year with these 2 superstars!
Dee Bost was MVP in both Championship games!

12/28 Central Cabarrus with a win over Mt Pleasant 87-47. No surprise with that win. Game to watch will be 10-0 Central Cabarrus vs 10-2 Charlotte Catholic on 12/29 at 8:30. Last year Central Cabarrus probably play their toughest game all season with a 66-62 win over Catholic. We will see how this game will go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Semifinal action from the fancy-shmancy Asheboro gymnasium.....

Randleman 63, West Brunswick 45

Asheboro 69, SW Randolph 30

A good ole Randleman/Asheboro battle for all the marbles this evening. Goldston vs. Stanbeck. Should be fun (and packed).

I did catch the Randleman/WB game. WB came out pretty strong but the Tigers just flat controlled the last three quarters. Randleman's a very fun team to watch when they're on their game.

Also first time checking out the new and improved Asheboro gym. Looks really good. Two brand spankin' new bright fancy scoreboards. One with a mini Jumbotron (which serves no other purpose than to say "Look at us. We're Asheboro. We have money"). What's interesting is they switched the home/visitor sides. They also installed shot clocks for some strange reason. Is Asheboro getting a semi-pro team? Inquiring minds wanna know...

I did catch the Randleman/WB game. WB came out pretty strong but the Tigers just flat controlled the last three quarters. Randleman's a very fun team to watch when they're on their game.

Also first time checking out the new and improved Asheboro gym. Looks really good. Two brand spankin' new bright fancy scoreboards. One with a mini Jumbotron (which serves no other purpose than to say "Look at us. We're Asheboro. We have money"). What's interesting is they switched the home/visitor sides. They also installed shot clocks for some strange reason. Is Asheboro getting a semi-pro team? Inquiring minds wanna know...
Probably just hosting some type of regional tournament that will guarantee they don’t have to win state to qualify…
😂

Sheetz Christmas Holiday Basketball Classic at SW Guilford HS

Semifinals
#1 HP Christian 72 #5 Oak Grove 43
#3 Wesleyan Christian 88 #2 SW Guilford 77

Consolidation Bracket
#6 Westchester Country Day 65 #7 W Guilford 54
#4 Seaforth 60 #8 HP Central 56

Asheboro now has played nine games against 2-A squads and two games against 1-A teams. Obviously they're not attempting to win the Strength of Schedule Tourney.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thekidd12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT