ADVERTISEMENT

Please post live scores from Winston Salem

Congratulations to my rams. I’m sure no one in the building could hear me the entire game. The fight and love and determination showed by these guys is just amazing. This group truly loves one another and it showed all season and especially when things went wrong in past 2 games. Easily could have thrown in the towel. I’m so pumped and hyped idk what to do with myself. Time to measure some fingers baby!

Have any other schools besides Reidsville gone undefeated in football and basketball the same year ? Hats off to the Reidsville Rams . These may be, Reidsville and Farmville Central, the two best teams in NC regardless of class. They'd both have to be in the top five.
Reidsville went 15-1 in football.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
This FarmVille team the way they played today was better than last year team. But then rams were better as well. Electric game people will talk about for years

I found the Bahakel broadcast of the 4A game with about 5 minutes remaining in the second quarter and they said they were in an extended delay which had been going on for about 15 minutes, but they never said what caused the delay. All I could tell was they were working hard to clean the floor under the basket that was to the right end on the broadcast. Does anybody know what happened?

Wow. #3 for Reidsville today is why they won today. What grade is he in? I felt Reidsville was the better team overall just couldn't put Farmville away. Reidsville HC just about gave the game away. No pick and roll action with 1 and 0. Doesn't even run the team's offense through 0. Lots of 1 on 1 play. True Reidsville has great athletes but playing that style had consequences. I love watching this Reidsville team. 3rd time seeing them. I want more recognition on their Football and Basketball programs. Go out of state. Congrats on an amazing season

Reactions: Dadof23
I found the Bahakel broadcast of the 4A game with about 5 minutes remaining in the second quarter and they said they were in an extended delay which had been going on for about 15 minutes, but they never said what caused the delay. All I could tell was they were working hard to clean the floor under the basket that was to the right end on the broadcast. Does anybody know what happened?
New Hanover player threw up on #20 for North Meck. He and the floor were covered. Somebody drank too much water.

A North Meck player had vomited on the court. The delay was to clean it up for player safety. But still it took about 12 minutes. Definitely a momentum killer for both teams.

Reactions: Straight Scope
Congratulations to all state title winners. Crazy amount of talent across NC. For the most part a lot of really good games. Will never happen but would love to see the winners play a second winner take all tournament.

Yeah a lot of the small schools would be an a huge disadvantage but man would love to see a Cherokee girls game against the higher classes or Reidsville vs. CC or NM. Just to see how it would play out.

Wow. #3 for Reidsville today is why they won today. What grade is he in? I felt Reidsville was the better team overall just couldn't put Farmville away. Reidsville HC just about gave the game away. No pick and roll action with 1 and 0. Doesn't even run the team's offense through 0. Lots of 1 on 1 play. True Reidsville has great athletes but playing that style had consequences. I love watching this Reidsville team. 3rd time seeing them. I want more recognition on their Football and Basketball programs. Go out of state. Congrats on an amazing season

It was good for FarmVille to get a look at us earlier in the year and make adjustments

The hurt for New Hanover is they had one their good players out with injury. I believe I saw a player on the sideline on crutches

I was unable to make the trip to WS due to recent surgery but was able to watch the games on NFHS. Didn’t have any complaints or hear any from other NHHS fans about the officiating. I read the box scores for both games. NHHS had a combined 6 attempted foul shots for both games with RC and NM combining for 34. That surprised me.

The hurt for New Hanover is they had one their good players out with injury. I believe I saw a player on the sideline on crutches
Yes, he is the 6’6” junior I mentioned earlier. He was one of our better players at the time of his injury - torn meniscus.

His injury allowed for some younger players to get some experience but it would have been great to have won without him.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Yes, he is the 6’6” junior I mentioned earlier. He was one of our better players at the time of his injury - torn meniscus.

His injury allowed for some younger players to get some experience but it would have been great to have won without him.
I can see them returning next season 4 another 4A State Championship game. They will be good

I can see them returning next season 4 another 4A State Championship game. They will be good
I hope so but state championship trips aren't easy. I know the west guys think the east is weak but there are some very good eastern teams that we will have to survive to make it again and when it’s one and done- you never know.

I will say that we are well coached and play consistent hard nosed defense. Coach Angel has built a great BB culture in the SE corner of our great state.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
EC is clearly overmatched in this
game but even with the turnovers, had they hit some easy shots it would be respectable. School was formed in 1992 combining a few small Columbus County schools. (Whiteville is the most well known school from the county) To my knowledge, having followed SE
NC sports closely, EC has rarely had success on the courts/fields. The coach is an alumni who returned home 3 years ago and has the women’s BB team on an upward swing. Nice to see the school’s athletic department having some success. (Apologies to EC if I overlooked any athletic successes over the years)
East Columbus has had a few good baseball teams over the years.

Reactions: CatScratchFever23
J. Sharpe #3 is a junior...Cam Jones #10 is a junior....#0 K. Harrison is a soph and #1 Neal is a soph....#4 Al Lee was the only senior of the starting five for Reidsville.........................
There may have been other schools who have won football and basketball championships the same school year, but probably not many where the starting five basketball players were also studs on the football field. QB Al Lee, WR/DB Dionte Neal, TE/DE Kendre Harrison, WR/S J Sharpe and WR/DB/LB Cam Jones. Those are five super athletes.

Congratulations to all state title winners. Crazy amount of talent across NC. For the most part a lot of really good games. Will never happen but would love to see the winners play a second winner take all tournament.

Yeah a lot of the small schools would be an a huge disadvantage but man would love to see a Cherokee girls game against the higher classes or Reidsville vs. CC or NM. Just to see how it would play out.
I don[t think there is a girls team in NC that can beat Cherokee in any class. Those girls play a different style with skill and IQ you rarely see at the high school level. Also, I don't see any team in the tournament able to handle North Meck or Central Cabarrus. Reidsville is good, very good, but I don't think they have anything for NM, CC, even a Myers Park, etc. I would however challenge Reidsville to play outside of their comfort zone and play these type of teams moving forward. Those games wouldn't be hard to schedule, plus they would generate a lot of attention. I don't know how good NM or CC is going to be next year, but I do know Chambers was a young team. Play each other...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT