ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Playoff Scores

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Marvin Ridge 20
McDowell 19

Half.

MR has done a great job denying McDowells big post entries. Defensive struggle so far.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Come on braves! Keep us posted uk-te-na wish it was on hudl but its not tonight

Last account from what I seen from Mike London twitter in boys game. Game was tied 61-61 with Asheboro vs Carson. Seen where Asheboro player went down injured on a dunk. EMT on the scene. Does anyone have any details on this game.

• Wow
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Last account from what I seen from Mike London twitter in boys game. Game was tied 61-61 with Asheboro vs Carson. Seen where Asheboro player went down injured on a dunk. EMT on the seen. Does anyone have any details on this game.
Oh no....

Feasting on a weak schedule certainly didn't help McDowell. Marvin Ridge is about to win going away. Titans need better guard play around their big.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Grimsley 55-47 over Page in 5th meeting of the year. Whirlies take on Davie in Greensboro Friday night. War Eagles by 9 over Northern Guilford.

I will get back later with the final of Asheboro vs Carson game. I was just seeing the info on Mike London twitter. But pretty sure Asheboro won this game

Christ the King wins 85-83
Man I was wanting to go watch 2 games Friday at Cherokee.... IM not going all that way to watch the girls win by 100 the next 2 games. Maybe north rowan will upset bishop and I can watch a good 4TH round game at cherokee

Lake Norman 83 Parkland 36
Butler 64 Hickory Ridge 59
Independence 70 Cox Mill 63

Last edited:
Maiden Creek, I'm sorry your team lost. I was pulling for you because I know you support the Blue Devils with everything in you, and I know you pull for other CVAC teams when they're not playing Maiden.

Just wanted to mention something I saw on the NFHS Network while watching the Bandys at North Stanly game: The entire game was close then with 36 seconds left in the fourth quarter The Trojans were up 56-54. North Stanly brings the ball down court. they shoot and miss. The ball is rebounded by number 24 from Bandys who gets fouled just after the rebound.
After the whistle blows number 24 trots on down the the court and lays it up. The official turns and calls a technical on him #24 the Bandys player.

The coach, of course, appeared to be pretty aggravated with him and I'm sure the team wasn't happy, and I know he must have felt awfully bad...I thought "If North Stanly makes the two free throws, then having the ball on top of that from this technical, then scores and wins the game, this poor guy is going to feel terrible."

Sure enough, the North Stanly player shooting the two free throws made both of them, which tied the score at 56-56. Then NS inbounded the ball, gets set up, shoots and misses with only seconds left...As fate would have it, this same Bandys player #24 manages to get the rebound then throws a monster pass nearly the length of the court and into the hands of #12 for Bandys who makes an easy layup giving The Trojans a 58-56 lead with 1 second left in the game. Now, that is my idea of redemption, and this kid seemed so happy.

When he got the technical he was not showing off, he must have had a bit of a lapse. I was really glad it turned out that way for him... North Stanly got the ball down court but couldn't score giving Bandys the win. Somebody must have written about this in a book. A big congratulations to the Trojans and their fans.

Postscript: A tip of the hat to North Stanly as well. After having such a big chance that had to hurt, and a couple of their player appeared to be taking the loss really hard. Great effort by the Comets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT