ADVERTISEMENT

A Few Observations

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
Didn’t see Val’s weekly post game “Surprises” thread, so I thought I’d share a few of my observations.

Monroe is for real. They were down 14-0 to a previously unbeaten 4A Porter Ridge team, and came back to beat them. They meet an undefeated Forest Hills next week, which will be the game of the week in all of 2A, in my opinion.

Thomasville, despite losing, exposed Salisbury some, in my opinion. The Hornets looked scary good before last night. The Bulldogs brought them back to earth, in what was an obviously a highly competitive game, a defensive struggle. Salisbury won 12-6.

Out east, the defending 2A champs, East Duplin, is 5-0 on the season. They have seemingly flown under the radar. I guess due to how Clinton has dominated. Northeastern remains undefeated as well on the season. I still see Clinton as the team to beat, but ED and NE are looking like formidable opponents.

Last edited:
East Duplin is tough to gauge—basically have a one game schedule though it’s not ED’s fault JK is down this year. 10/20 at Wallace will be the test. They’ll be either 10-0 or 9-1 come playoff time. You know they’ll be coached up. Zero doubt.

If I had to rank the top 5 in the East as of today it’d be 1. Clinton 2. Wallace 3. NE. 4. ED 5. Whiteville ( Whiteville could honestly be 2 people are giving up on them based on the Clinton game)

Didn’t see Val’s weekly post game “Surprises” thread, so I thought I’d share a few of my observations.

Monroe is for real. They were down 14-0 to a previously unbeaten 4A Porter Ridge team, and came back to beat them. They meet an undefeated Forest Hills next week, which will be the game of the week in all of 2A, in my opinion.

Thomasville, despite losing, exposed Salisbury some, in my opinion. The Hornets looked scary good before last night. The Bulldogs brought them back to earth, in what was an obviously highly competitive game, a defensive struggle. Salisbury won 12-0.

Out east, the defending 2A champs, East Duplin, is 5-0 on the season. They have seemingly flown under the radar. I guess due to how Clinton has dominated. Northeastern remains undefeated as well on the season. I still see Clinton as the team to beat, but ED and NE are looking like formidable opponents.
You’ve bumped your head!

Game of the week is over in Hawg Hill!😜

You could watch it from Shelby Lions’ porch.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion Attack

Thomasville, despite losing, exposed Salisbury some, in my opinion. The Hornets looked scary good before last night. The Bulldogs brought them back to earth, in what was an obviously a highly competitive game, a defensive struggle. Salisbury won 12-0.

Salisbury 12 Thomasville 6, LA.

I gotta find a game to go to next week so maybe Forest Hills & Monroe for sure. Maybe West Lincoln and Maiden.

Monroe is gonna be scary in the playoffs.

Oh and Highland Tech has zero business even being on a football field. Seriously they shouldn't have a team. I actually admire the kids that show up and try, but somebody is gonna get really hurt on that team

I gotta find a game to go to next week so maybe Forest Hills & Monroe for sure. Maybe West Lincoln and Maiden.

Monroe is gonna be scary in the playoffs.

Oh and Highland Tech has zero business even being on a football field. Seriously they shouldn't have a team. I actually admire the kids that show up and try, but somebody is gonna get really hurt on that team
Forest Hills vs Monroe is in 2 weeks. Forest Hills plays @ 3-1 North Stanly next week.

Thomasville, despite losing, exposed Salisbury some, in my opinion. The Hornets looked scary good before last night. The Bulldogs brought them back to earth, in what was an obviously a highly competitive game, a defensive struggle. Salisbury won 12-6.

East Duplin and Northesstern will be formidable opponents in the playoffs

East Duplin is tough to gauge—basically have a one game schedule though it’s not ED’s fault JK is down this year. 10/20 at Wallace will be the test. They’ll be either 10-0 or 9-1 come playoff time. You know they’ll be coached up. Zero doubt.

If I had to rank the top 5 in the East as of today it’d be 1. Clinton 2. Wallace 3. NE. 4. ED 5. Whiteville ( Whiteville could honestly be 2 people are giving up on them based on the Clinton game)

Curious to know if this is based on what you've SEEN or heard.

I definitely wouldn't rank Wallace above East Duplin at this time. Yes they played a tough schedule but you eventually have to win some games. I haven't made any claims about ED's schedule. It is what it is. But as the State Champs they're getting everyone's best shot and they've answered the bell. They're still a bunch of young cats, but the groundwork is there.

I definitely wouldn't rank Wallace above East Duplin at this time. Yes they played a tough schedule but you eventually have to win some games. I haven't made any claims about ED's schedule. It is what it is. But as the State Champs they're getting everyone's best shot and they've answered the bell. They're still a bunch of young cats, but the groundwork is there.

Tbh WRH defense is not very good. Offense didn't impress either. Have three good backs but that's about it..not sure what's going on with the coaching calling plays. SWO was in the game going into the fourth. SWO is terrible btw lol Feel bad for Kerr this year. Probably third Rd at best, from what I've seen

I am not buying WRH either, at least not yet. I thought they may have fixed some issues during the Hoggard game but the SWO result is baffling. Very interesting in Teachey. This isnt the first year in the last 5-6 that has left folks scratching their heads. Hopefully they will get it together by playoff time.

Fair points from you and Catscratch— the SWO game is a major red flag for Wallace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT