ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Playoff Scores

Garbage minutes….game wasn’t even as close as score indicates.

Internet service got to where it was bad here. Lake Norman 74 Grimsley 61 Final. LN was up by 20 or so. Santana Lynch had a huge game. So did some others. Great game. If LN plays the rest of the way like they did the 2nd half. They going to be dangerous

think Rams have only played West Stokes twice....winning 66-61 at WS and 90-59 in Reidsville..............din't play each other in conference tourney....................West Stokes got knocked out by Walkertown in conf. tourney....

Reactions: cimsies
think Rams have only played West Stokes twice....winning 66-61 at WS and 90-59 in Reidsville..............din't play each other in conference tourney....................
Forgot Walkertown knocked off West Stokes in conference tourney

Who was #3 for Shelby? Did the refs toss him or did Mama?
I don't think that Shelby roster on MaxPreps is correct ... but No. 5 Drew Hollifield hit a bunch of 3-pointers for the Golden Lions tonight.

Internet service got to where it was bad here. Lake Norman 74 Grimsley 61 Final. LN was up by 20 or so. Santana Lynch had a huge game. So did some others. Great game. If LN plays the rest of the way like they did the 2nd half. They going to be dangerous
Congrats to LN. Santana Lynch was the difference. Another solid season for the Whirlies.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Elite 8 in boys 2-A
Reidsville (26-0) vs. West Stokes (22-7)
Randleman (23-5) vs. Salisbury (26-3)
Farmville Central (28-1) vs. Northwood (27-3)
Fairmont (22-5) vs. Goldsboro (26-3)

Last edited:
Refs tossed him...couldn't hear his name////go to facebook...high school basketball talk page and you can see the clothesline play he made on Neal................
I was watching on NFHS Network. If the refs had called a foul the first time he bumped Neal the second attack might not have happened.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
No Kendre dunks in the first half is only surprise ... Neal made a couple of 30+ foot 3-pointers. Sharpe making shots as well. Shelby has made several 3-pointers but got nothing to speak of inside.
Kendre wasn't denied in the second half - probably 5 or 6 slams.

There you go with this garbage….public schools recruit too or have you been in a coma the past 15 years! Hell I’ve had 3 public schools trying to recruit my kids, so stop it!
Yes public schools do recruit but the hoops a kid has to go through to get re assigned to the public school of their choice is much harder than any charter or private school has. Some counties are open enrollment but the ones that are not this task can be extremely complicated

I have a question. Is there a running in basketball. I had someone to try and tell me there is no running clock in basketball. I was thinking once a team got up by 40 the RC started.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Yes public schools do recruit but the hoops a kid has to go through to get re assigned to the public school of their choice is much harder than any charter or private school has. Some counties are open enrollment but the ones that are not this task can be extremely complicated
Nope. Look at southeast last year, grimsley this year, smith this year, dudley this year so nah. No one cares is the issue. Guilford is not open and all you have to do is look where these kids come from. A kid that plays for smith has been to southwest, southeast and now smith in consecutive years with no checking and the same for two players that play for grimsley (multiple schools in 3 years).

I can tell you that the bishop boys have had 3 kids come in the past 3 years and NONE were recruited! NONE. But my two boys are actively being recruited (past two years) as I get calls and text form public school HCs. Out of the 12 on the roster 3 are NOT from catholic feeder schools and 2 out of those 3 have been at Bishop since the 9th/10th grade (One was homeschooled his 9th grade year). Definitely not the case for the schools I mentioned and oh there are other schools I didn't name but this is a playoff thread so I'm done. Tough game on Friday vs Corvian.....

Nope. Look at southeast last year, grimsley this year, smith this year, dudley this year so nah. No one cares is the issue. Guilford is not open and all you have to do is look where these kids come from. A kid that plays for smith has been to southwest, southeast and now smith in consecutive years with no checking and the same for two players that play for grimsley (multiple schools in 3 years).
i cant speak on these specific issues but usually a domicile has to be changed.....I do know that these schools have certain programs that make it easier to gets kids in like JROTC, or ffa etc....but still much more hoops that a private school

I am sorry I did not see your post last evening before I left Clemmons for Mooresville. I will be there again Friday for both games. Would love to meet you.
I hate that I will miss Friday due to work but should they win I definitely plan on making it next week at the Regionals. Yes I would like to meet you.

I can tell you that the bishop boys have had 3 kids come in the past 3 years and NONE were recruited! NONE. But my two boys are actively being recruited (past two years) as I get calls and text form public school HCs. Out of the 12 on the roster 3 are NOT from catholic feeder schools and 2 out of those 3 have been at Bishop since the 9th/10th grade (One was homeschooled his 9th grade year). Definitely not the case for the schools I mentioned and oh there are other schools I didn't name but this is a playoff thread so I'm done. Tough game on Friday vs Corvian.....
You have no clue what RURAL means! Keep turning your blind eye and acting like it happens all the time! Small rural 1A schools are at a huge disadvantage and seems like everyone but you knows it. The proof is in the pudding bud!

You have no clue what RURAL means! Keep turning your blind eye and acting like it happens all the time! Small rural 1A schools are at a huge disadvantage and seems like everyone but you knows it. The proof is in the pudding bud!
South Stokes is small rural school with 0 transfers and ranked #1 but it don't happen often

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT