ADVERTISEMENT

Not only will MT Airy go undefeated in the regular season.

I am keeping my eye on that Allegheny team as well. Much improved
No matter how much alleghany improves they are 50 pts worse than MA. You don’t try to take a teams offense and have worse OL and Worse Skill players and then beat or even play with them.

I am looking to that Allegheny vs Starmount game . I think Allegheny goes into conference 1-3. With that being said could have been 3-1 with a couple breaks. I see them losing to robbinsville next week by 2 to 3 scores. With that being said I see them playing 2 rounds in the playoffs. Deff not gonna be an easy out for one of the top 10

Mount Airy's biggest challenge will be Ashe. After that unless they get several big injuries they will be on cruise control to the western finals.

We will see how their pass defense is in this game. Ashe will definitely throw the ball.
Looking forward to this one too. I want to see how well we defend against the pass this year. Hopefully very well! If we can put a great pass rush on, then maybe we can limit the throwing ability of Ashe.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Let’s get recent -
Last 20 yrs recent -
MA - 2 state championships
Robbinsville - 2 state championships

Smc - 11 state championships ( impressive)
NW1a - 7 state championships ( not to shabby)

MA vs SMC ( MA winning record against SMC )

Currently MA is defending Champion , 1st unified / non split division in last 23 years.

I understand that robbinsville won a lot through the 80’s and 70’s as did the bears in the 30’s ,40’s and 60’s. All those titles matter. The communities and players played the game and the communities were just as proud of the kids as we are today. So they matter. Pretty cool listening to the broadcast of those past years games on the radio during bye week. A few years back they played a game post ww2. I pondered what the community was like post ww2. Lot of those guys are dead and gone. But I can tell you they were still alive and well on the radio broadcast that night. All that history matters , the legacies of small town football and those communities matter. Hopefully we can get that robbinsville / Ma match up this year. Hopefully it will be as good as the last one

Last edited:
Mount Airy's biggest challenge will be Ashe. After that unless they get several big injuries they will be on cruise control to the western finals.
MA is the team to beat in the West right now. But cruising into the western finals may be a stretch. There are some real quality teams that can give them a darn good game after round 1. I would not look at Robbinsville, Mitchell, ER, Swain, Murphy, Thomasville and a few others as cruise control games come round 2-4. A few big play, penalties, injuries etc can change the course of a game or season for all 1A teams. Especially in the playoffs against traditionally strong schools with good teams, coaches and records. Not hating on the MA Bears, just don't see anyone cruising past round two without a battle.

As I said earlier a couple injuries can derail any team but if Mount Airy stays healthy, I don't see if being any different than last year heading into the western finals and probably state championship. I think Mount Airy is better so far than last year.

And I'm not a Mount Airy homer

We really dont care this was a stupid post by TD to post bc here we go TD!!!!!!!!

Starmount will be the toughest game for ma this regular season. Still think ma wins by three scores
Yes that will be the Bears toughest game in the regular season and probably deeper into the playoffs. I think this year's Ram team would make for a good game with last year's Mt Airy team but NOT this year. No one is beating Mt Airy period. Majority of teams will be lucky to score on them

This is where the line between confidence and arrogance that posters for other teams put on all MA fans. Pointing it out before everyone starts piling on.
He only one has said it. Not sure he is Bear fan. Anybody beatable any night!

MA was 3 scores better than Mitchell 2021 and we seen how that went so make no mistakes MA people know it can end on any given Friday in playoffs! We all give Ashe props and thought would be good game but it was over at the kick off.

MA was 3 scores better than Mitchell 2021 and we seen how that went so make no mistakes MA people know it can end on any given Friday in playoffs! We all give Ashe props and thought would be good game but it was over at the kick off.
Lol it's still comical how hard they imploded. I've never seen a team completely unravel that bad, before or since. And I'm a Tar Heel fan.

If you're tar heel fan you know unravel
I remind you that two "officials" flagged Mt Airy 19 times, two of the flags thrown after the touchdowns were signaled. Yes, Mt Airy imploded when it became obvious they were not going to be allowed to win the game.

No amount of two year later revisions will remove the stinch of that game and those two absolutely crooked officials.

I remind you that two "officials" flagged Mt Airy 19 times, two of the flags thrown after the touchdowns were signaled. Yes, Mt Airy imploded when it became obvious they were not going to be allowed to win the game.

No amount of two year later revisions will remove the stinch of that game and those two absolutely crooked officials.
Please. That was the most undisciplined team I've ever seen. You're coaching staff got 4 sideline warnings before they started assessing penalties on them. The bears started throwing temper tantrums when thi gs didn't go their way. I mean, they ripped off a players shoe after he was already down, then threw it for Christ's sake.

Please. That was the most undisciplined team I've ever seen. You're coaching staff got 4 sideline warnings before they started assessing penalties on them. The bears started throwing temper tantrums when thi gs didn't go their way. I mean, they ripped off a players shoe after he was already down, then threw it for Christ's sake.
I Pray🙏🙏🙏 for that 2021 rematch this year ! ! ! ... It will not be a very young undisciplined team with a mostly new coach you meet this time but some of those players that are still there from that game and the defending State Champions.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT