ADVERTISEMENT

Mason scores 100th TD

REWhitley

Sep 1, 2021
Tyler Mason continues to run through the record books at Mount Airy.
In a 77-0 win on Friday night against South Stokes, the senior running back found the end zone five times to become the first player in program history to score 100 career touchdowns.

2.png

2.png

91 one have come on the ground, 5 have been punt returns, 1 was receiving, 1 came on a kick-off return, and 2 were on the defensive side of the ball after taking a pair of interceptions to the house.
Over half of his career scores came in the midst of a historic junior season. Mason ran for 2,309 yards and scored 52 touchdowns last fall as the Granite Bears secured the 1A state championship.
Since then, he has become a Virginia Tech recruit with hopes of putting the ultimate stamp on his legacy in Mount Airy with a second consecutive ring before heading off to Blacksburg.
So far, the Granite Bears are on their way to another impressive season. They enter week 9 with an 8-0 record having outscored their opponents 442-22.

Following a bye week, Mount Airy wraps up its regular season with a home game against Elkin and a road trip to Alleghany.
Wherever the Granite Bears journey takes them from there, just know, #5 in blue and white will be leading the charge into the end zone.

SUGGEST A CORRECTION

The above article came from HighschoolOT.
Tyler only had 5 carries last night which produces those 5 TD's. Taking nothing from Tyler but a major contributing factor in his success, in my opinion, are:
a. absolutely outstanding line play opening holes for him to take advantage of;
b. the play calling sets him up so well
c. having 3 other college level backs that make it impossible for defenses to ignore and just concentrate of Tyler
d. two of the finest wide receivers any where that convert approximately half of their receptions to TDs.

OH, I forgot the best reason for Tyler's success. He is plan GOOD. He is plan FAST. He is plan QUICK.
And did I forget to say he is clearly the best running back in the State?

Reactions: Bearfan71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT