ADVERTISEMENT

Not only will MT Airy go undefeated in the regular season.

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
Could MT Airy go through the regular season not giving up a point? Yes the big goose egg. Its possible. I don't think these teams can score on them. They might not get scored on until the playoffs. Timewilltell

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
It's possible with that schedule
Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

Robbinsville = 2 threats
MA = Scoring with 6 different players.

Could have been 7 or 8 different players if coach hadn’t called the 2’s off in the 3rd quarter. Ma showed East respect last night. Hats off to the coaching staff and players alike. No need to be vindictive.

Two sophomore running backs that if they got the touches would be in the same conversation as Tyler Mason record breaking numbers .

Last edited:
Reactions: MA STUD and sbbbfan
Ashe is probably the biggest threat to put points up. Starmount possibly. I'm not sure anyone else can on the schedule.

Robbinsville = 2 threats

Could have been 7 or 8 different players if coach hadn’t called the 2’s off in the 3rd quarter. Ma showed East respect last night. Hats off to the coaching staff and players alike. No need to be vindictive.

Two sophomore running backs that if he got the touches would be in the same conversation as Tyler Mason record breaking numbers .
#4 &22 are great running backs.

Reactions: Purple1995
The answer to this question really is up to the Coaching Staff. Why do I say this? It will depend on their decisions in the second half of games with a running clock. Do we play the second defensive group vs how many of our 3rd group and jv players.

I would love to see a zero points allowed for the season but it may come down to how important the coaches feel it is to get some seasoning for non starters. This could really be important in the playoffs if injuries were to occur.

Average - looking to improve on a weekly basis. Thanks to Tarboro for dropping to 1a and setting a high level of expectation if a team is gonna compete. Unfortunately the only teams that have met that challenge thus far are from Surry County and the weak as piss ( compared to smc ) NW1A conference. The expectations have changed from a few years back. We don’t look to just show up and play Tarboro for a state championship, We expect to show up and win. Not just this year but every year here after. But quite honestly it took Tarboro to bring the cream to the top. So thank you sir, thank you coaches of Tarboro, thank you fans of Tarboro and most importantly the players at all levels of the Tarboro program. The standard is set on all levels. Tarboro is that standard. Hopefully we see you again in December. I keep hearing the West is loaded, so wish us luck as we try to run that playoff gauntlet and stay healthy doing it

Last edited:
Robbinsville = 2 threats

Two sophomore running backs that if they got the touches would be in the same conversation as Tyler Mason record breaking numbers .
2 threats. You have no clue. We have 3 senior running backs who can score at any given time.
We also have a WR that is capable of making big time catches. He’s already made 2 fantastic catches in as many games along with a touchdown in last nights game. He also has a qb who can get him the ball. There is 2 more threats.
So there is at least 5 “threats” and we haven’t even talked about the other Adams running back who is probably top 3 fastest on the team but he is younger so he doesn’t see the field as much as a RB.

I must have mis read the stat line from the first 2 games Wickedstick. Hopefully it’s enough to get you through that bruising schedule healthy. I will see the Blk Knights in Sparta in a few weeks to make my own assessment. Hopefully all goes well and we see the Defending - Pre season - pre ordained SMC champs in the Granite City, For a chance to play for the UNIFIED 1a state championship. Not the sub division JV version.

You Robbinsville guys sure are sensitive to be mountain boys. MA sure knows you are the ones we will have to go through in West. We all have great respect for SMC but past is past this is 2023!!!!!! No one will take y'all lightly believe that. But WE ARE MA!!!

• Haha
Reactions: WickedStix9
I must have mis read the stat line from the first 2 games Wickedstick. Hopefully it’s enough to get you through that bruising schedule healthy. I will see the Blk Knights in Sparta in a few weeks to make my own assessment. Hopefully all goes well and we see the Defending - Pre season - pre ordained SMC champs in the Granite City, For a chance to play for the UNIFIED 1a state championship. Not the sub division JV version.
Yup you missed it.

Reactions: gdawg74
Bearmod have you heard of tville back in 80s and 90s lordy that's what they called it I hope we get to host them to our comfy stadium

Bearmod have you heard of tville back in 80s and 90s lordy that's what they called it I hope we get to host them to our comfy stadium
I have seen all the championships they won back then at their stadium. It is impressive. Then and now………😳😳😳😳😆

Reactions: sbbbfan
It s impressive yes but they haven't been impressive as of late then they going to roll in here knock us out nah don't think so they have some proving to do

Reactions: Bearmod1
Just straight facts right from the NCHSAA site on championship teams and titles.

Thomasville State Champs 2004 13-3 1AA, 2005 1AA 16-0, , 2006 1AA 16-0, and 2008 1AA 16-0.

MA 2008 16-0 1A Champs and 2022 1A Champs 15-1.

There have been many other teams with mutliple state titles that MA is still chasing all time and since 2000. Murphy, Tarboro, Thomasville, Albemarle, Elkin, Swain, WRH and others have more than two titles in the trophy case since 2000. Infact, several of these have 8 or more titles through the years and MA has how many?

Man, I miss seeing Allan and Benji Brown on the side lines. Watched ever one of those state title games. T-ville = WRH worst nightmare for many years. Quan Worley / Ej Abrams were beast in their day. Tville had their way with the bears in the 80’s but I have to say Coach Holder more than held his own against the dawgs and coach brown. Those Ablemarle Thomasville games were some dandy’s as well. Just an awesome era for high school football

Man, I miss seeing Allan and Benji Brown on the side lines. Watched ever one of those state title games. T-ville = WRH worst nightmare for many years. Quan Worley / Ej Abrams were beast in their day. Tville had their way with the bears in the 80’s but I have to say Coach Holder more than held his own against the dawgs and coach brown. Those Ablemarle Thomasville games were some dandy’s as well. Just an awesome era for high school football
Mr.3000 quan Worley was one of the best running backs I went to school with. Those were some fun times. Things have changed over the years for sure definitely haven’t had the same kind of athletes in awhile. This year’s team could be the one. Guess will have to wait and see

You guys definitely have our number! Always been well-coached, disciplined and hard hitting teams. Good luck this season.

Just straight facts right from the NCHSAA site on championship teams and titles.

Thomasville State Champs 2004 13-3 1AA, 2005 1AA 16-0, , 2006 1AA 16-0, and 2008 1AA 16-0.

There have been many other teams with mutliple state titles that MA is still chasing all time and since 2000. Murphy, Tarboro, Thomasville, Albemarle, Elkin, Swain, WRH and others have more than two titles in the trophy case since 2000. Infact, several of these have 8 or more titles through the years and MA has how many?
You forgetting MAs 6 other State Titles!!!!!

8!!!!!!!!! MA has 8 Don't post about things you don't know

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT