ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Eagles

Ok thanks for the update last I heard it was on for Tuesday.
Im not ragging on Trask, but only reason this game was scheduled was there was not anyone else that would play us or could. Kudos to Trask. Running clock real early. Can running clock happen in first quarter?

Im not ragging on Trask, but only reason this game was scheduled was there was not anyone else that would play us or could. Kudos to Trask. Running clock real early. Can running clock happen in first quarter?
If I'm not mistaken it can run at any time the losing coach agrees too. But I think it has to be at least the second quarter.

Reactions: dogs79
Sorry goobs. South Central game has been moved to Wednesday too. Was gonna try to make it to Rose. I got REAL SKIN in the South Central game though. I got a feeling all games could be cancelled by tomorrow anyhow.

Sorry goobs. South Central game has been moved to Wednesday too. Was gonna try to make it to Rose. I got REAL SKIN in the South Central game though. I got a feeling all games could be cancelled by tomorrow anyhow.

Did you go to West Craven friday night?

South Central was very fortunate. We were given alot of gifts on special teams.

That #72 Hardy kid you know he should be an Eagle right?? Feels wierd seeing the Hardy kids play for South Central.
Yeah, him and my son #60 play beside each other alot on both sides of the line. My son is new to South Central too, both have been nice pieces for coach Tew to experiment with this season and have produced.

It's all opinion
So it is fake news. Question Dogs79, what if WRH somehow managed to lose to Havelock and then NE beats them in a couple weeks. Would that mean anything to those WRH posters who wear the dark glasses? I understand that this scenario could never happen, but if just by chance it did. I Wonder if anyone's opinions from our friends to the south would change any.

Reactions: bud33345
So it is fake news. Question Dogs79, what if WRH somehow managed to lose to Havelock and then NE beats them in a couple weeks. Would that mean anything to those WRH posters who wear the dark glasses? I understand that this scenario could never happen, but if just by chance it did. I Wonder if anyone's opinions from our friends to the south would change any.
It would change my mind. If WRH and Northeastern lost, I still might think Northeastern is better. Depends on what Havelock exposes. I have seen Northeastern's talent. We know Northeastern and Clinton can beat us. But,if the Dogs get healthy, I think they will be favored against both.

It would change my mind. If WRH and Northeastern lost, I still might think Northeastern is better. Depends on what Havelock exposes. I have seen Northeastern's talent. We know Northeastern and Clinton can beat us. But,if the Dogs get healthy, I think they will be favored against both.
So Monday, injured right guard for the mighty dogs can bring down the whole dog house of cards and be the reason yall lose Friday? Is what you are saying? Or do you have other injuries to disclose?

I got to be honest, NE lost arguably their most important player and still found a way to win against a solid 3A team.

So Monday, injured right guard for the mighty dogs can bring down the whole dog house of cards and be the reason yall lose Friday? Is what you are saying? Or do you have other injuries to disclose?
No that's not what I'm saying. But, we replaced 4 o line players to graduation. We definitely need a healthy line and depth. You or anyone else has never heard me give excuses. And JH Rose ain't all that. It's been a few years since they were a top 3a team.

Oh trust me I was the very first not to buy into the rose hype this year. Living in Winterville I have had my feel of Rose and the hype over the years trust me. Even i have to admit they are pretty good this year. So far their biggest problem is finishing games. They were up on NE and just couldn't make adjustments on both sides of the ball. In my opinion it is more of a coaching issue than a talent issue. But for 3 quarters they are as tough as anyone in 3A right now. You have to survive the early haymakers though and not get knocked out. Lol All 3 of their games have been that way this year with them being lucky enough to win 2 of them.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Freshwater was getting smoked early in that game.
I agree, he did struggle on sealing the edge with a 280lb lineman and a 230 pound running back on him. But you have seen enough footbal to know if your DE is double teamed than you have a LB that is uncovered that has to seal the edge. And early that LB was not making that play. It was part of the adjustments I talked about in the game thread.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Fair enough, I can respect that

I was being sarcastic about the whole injury thing. Alot of times when these big games come up it the first thing that is pointed to when taking a loss. I'm just as bad as anybody lol

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
No that's not what I'm saying. But, we replaced 4 o line players to graduation. We definitely need a healthy line and depth. You or anyone else has never heard me give excuses. And JH Rose ain't all that. It's been a few years since they were a top 3a team.
They looked pretty good to me.

Oh trust me I was the very first not to buy into the rose hype this year. Living in Winterville I have had my feel of Rose and the hype over the years trust me. Even i have to admit they are pretty good this year. So far their biggest problem is finishing games. They were up on NE and just couldn't make adjustments on both sides of the ball. In my opinion it is more of a coaching issue than a talent issue. But for 3 quarters they are as tough as anyone in 3A right now. You have to survive the early haymakers though and not get knocked out. Lol All 3 of their games have been that way this year with them being lucky enough to win 2 of them.
Goobs was kinda sweating bullets early in the game. I told him, Rose is doing what Rose does and that NE will win the second half. Lol

Goobs was kinda sweating bullets early in the game. I told him, Rose is doing what Rose does and that NE will win the second half. Lol
You got that right. They scored in the first 30 seconds,lol. That qb of theirs was looking like Tom Brady, it was a very entertaining first half. They scored, we scored. It was a shootout early on with no defense. Second half was all Northeastern. Our superstar qb was on fire. Oh next season is going to be a good one. The hype is going to be like no other time here. Almost everyone will be returning plus the 4* rb transfer from Florida. Oh it's good to be an Eagle fan.

Reactions: dogs79 and bud33345
Tom Brady dont run that fast lol. What you saw was 2 teams that have alot of good athletes all over the field. Rose just has a tendency to come apart late in games.

Reactions: daagoob
Hey Bud did you check out the transfer I was telling you about Monday night? He very well may get that fifth star before his season down there is over. He'll be here for the second semester.

Hey Bud did you check out the transfer I was telling you about Monday night? He very well may get that fifth star before his season down there is over. He'll be here for the second semester.
I asked my son about it. If he heard anything at the radio station. Said a RB from Miami Gardens was on the calendar for an official visit at ECU. Not sure if thats him. They get heads up on that stuff for press conferences. He was a 4 star though.They dont see many recruits from Florida so I'm sure he is the kid on the radar. I did check his measurables pretty impressive.

Last edited:
I asked my son about it. If he heard anything at the radio station. Said a RB from Miami Gardens was on the calendar for an official visit at ECU. Not sure if thats him. They get heads up on that stuff for press conferences. He was a 4 star though.

I'll double check but I think he's from Dade County. I didn't see ECU on his offer list, but that doesn't mean anything. His offer list is impressive, GT,UT,Texas,Fl,FSU,Miami,
Oregon. No Wolfpack though. Coast Guard kid also, that's what makes it even better. Love the Coast Guard!!

Yeah I figured he was a coast guard kid. I didn't even think I had to ask. Lol. I lived in Florida a few years after high school. Those kids play football year round and that was 20 years ago. I'm sure its expanded even more now.

I'll double check but I think he's from Dade County. I didn't see ECU on his offer list, but that doesn't mean anything. His offer list is impressive, GT,UT,Texas,Fl,FSU,Miami,
Oregon. No Wolfpack though. Coast Guard kid also, that's what makes it even better. Love the Coast Guard!!
I'm sure a kid like that coming to the area is on the pirate radar! I bet they hope lightning can strike twice for a 4 star at NE.

Reactions: daagoob
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT